Lowe's

Relevance Date Difficulty

Head Cashier Interview

Head Cashier
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2011.

Interview Details – Just like any other interview the basic "tell us about a time" questions. You first get a call to set up interview then meet with HR manager. After that you arte called back for an interview with the area manager that you applied for. Next you are drug test and background tested. These take the longest about two weeks. If everything comes back good you get an offer and start during within 5 days. First you go through one week computer training about 5 hours for 5 days!

Interview Question – Tell us about a time where you disagreed with a manager on the way something should be done?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nope they offered me a great rate and I accepted

Any Interview

Any
Sebring, FL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2010.

Interview Details – Archaic selection thru same old questions, having nothing to do with services/skills needed in the store
They hire people and don't give them any training and expect those that are trying to sell to teach them

Negotiation Details – There attitude is take it or leave it

Loss Prevention and Safety Manager Interview

Loss Prevention and Safety Manager
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at Lowe's in February 2011.

Interview Details – An on-line application was first. An in-person interview comes next where you go over behavior-based questions to determine compentency for the position. An in-store consultation with the Store Manager is granted if you are favorable. Then the position is offered if you pass background.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to influence others to do a job they did not want to do.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They catered to my request

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – It's pretty basic. You interview with the Store Manager and the HRM. Basic situational type questions. They want you to tell a story about what has actually happened.....not what you would do it......

Interview Question – Tell about a time that you had a disagreement with a coworker. What Happened, what did you do to fix the relationship.   View Answer

Assembler Interview

Assembler
Ames, IA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's in December 2011.

Interview Details – After applying online I waited a couple days before I got a call asking me to set up an interview. I called back that day and set one up for three days later. After sitting down with the assistant manager I was asked basic STAR questions, none of which pertained to the job. He said he liked me and would call in the store manager. 30 minutes later, after growing through the same questions, I was offered a job. I asked for a dollar raise and got it! Just go in there ready to talk about how you have made mistakes but fixed them in a professional manner, and they will hire you.

Interview Question – They wanted an example of a time that I made a mistake that hindered store operations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for a dollar raise and received it. Just ask, the way Lowes is structured you are not hurting your chances. They low-ball the first offer.

Commercial Loader Interview

Commercial Loader
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – Very laidback about interview process, a little disorganized but this is probably not indicative of the whole company, First is the phone interview which is easy, Next is sit down laid back with HR manager and store manager. They ask you the standard interview questions- name a time in your job in which you had to disagree with your manager, etc.

Interview Question – Pretty standard questions, Name a time when you faced a challenge- what did you do, how did you respond?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Sales Specialist Interview

Sales Specialist

I applied online - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, received call from recruiter, then follow up from store to schedule interview a week later. The interview in store was easy the questions were all read from a printed sheet. The interviewer also took a long time to write my responses. Still waiting to here of an offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you experienced a difficult customer and the steps that were involved to resolve.   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Columbia, SC

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – Filled out application for over 2 years and finally got a phone interview. Was called more than once as the initial phone interview went well. Was told I would be called back by a team member or manager at one of the stores I applied for. Never received a call back.

Interview Question – Questions are really irrelevant as each situation is different.   Answer Question

Hardware Associate (Customer Service Associate) Interview

Hardware Associate (Customer Service Associate)
Springfield, MO

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in February 2013.

Interview Details – You will be interviewed by some one in HR with 5 to 10 questions in the first phase if your application or resume is accepted, if you advance to the second phase, you will be interviewed by the zone manager of the department your are trying to be part of, they will again ask 5 to 10 questions, if you are the best fit, you get the job.

Interview Question – No questions are meant to trick you, they are questions on how you have handle certain situation in your past work history.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not to bad, everything is pretty well planned out and computer generated

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – The interview wasn't bad. They ask a lot of situational questions related to experiences in your previous employment so be ready for that. The questions are also preset.

Interview Question – Can't remember which questions but I was trying to think of an example of a past experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, the pay rate is set.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lowe's

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lowe's interview questions and advice. All 1,197 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lowe's employees and interview candidates.