Lowe's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
1,269 Interview Reviews

2.6

Department Manager Interview

i do not remember the interview process! but they mostly ask about customer service, and how you go about helping customers and making a lasting impression. They also want to know mistakes you made and how you went about fixing them.

no negotiation

Department Manager Interview

An hour long interview with HR and Store Manager asking situational questions. It is hard if you have never been a manager before. Most of your answers need to be as if you were a manager. Which is hard to do when you have only been a seasonal associate. They all make sense but hard to answer for some people. I was lucky i previously owned my own business.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you lead a group to accomplish a goal   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they tell you what you will be paid

Seasonal Outside Garden, Then Seasonal Inside Plumbing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in November 2012.

1st interview with h.r. came back for 2nd interview with asst mgr.then came back for drug test on the premises.6 months as seasonal, then permanent part time,very hard to get full time in Florida.And then the medical/dental are not very good.best thing is very liberal dress code.

Interview Questions
    • describe a time you went out of youre way to help a customer   View Answer
    none, starts at this $.thats all they can offer.low pay, and hard to get raises.

Csa Front End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Owatonna, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owatonna, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2013.

Applying is a long process and pretty tedious. You also have to do an assessment, which does matter and if you fail, they won't get your application. They'll call you pretty promptly to set up an interview (mine was a day later). You'll interview with the HR person and either the store manager or an ASM and it's pretty straightforward and easy, they're pretty relaxed about it.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when you had an upset customer, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Initial contact was very professional. Interview went well and very thorough. I was well informed of the requirements and the follow up process by the time I finished the interview. The hiring process was fast paced yet I was able to grasp everything and run with it from day one.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bryan, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bryan, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2014.

A week after I completed my application I was called for an interview and scheduled it for the next day. I came in and was interviewed by a lady in HR and then immediately after I was interviewed by one of the Assistant Store Managers.

Cashier - Front End Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2014.

They start off by introducing themselves. They ask about your job experience. The questions are the same no matter which department you are applying for. Mostly, it's about how you handle bad situations and how good you are at managing customers. They are "Tell me about a time when" questions. Then the interview is over. If you're selected, there is normally a second interview with a manager. Then you get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you couldn't give a customer something you promised them.   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Lowe's.

structured to a fault. If you are competent and you get to the interview point you should be good. I do think that your chances as an outside candidate are lower due to the experiences needed as an insider to score higher on the questions.

Interview Questions
    • tell us about a time when you where not able to satisfy a customer.   Answer Question
    here is the offer.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2013.

You can only apply to a specific opening. If there are no current openings you can not just submit your resume or application.
    The HR Manager selects 3 candidates to be interviewed, for every posted position, based on the relevance of your listed background to the position you're applying for.
    From there you will have just one interview conducted by the Store and the HR manager together. The select the best candidate of the three.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you handled conflicting and competing priorities between your customer, your supervisor and co-workers?   View Answer
    There is very little or no negotiation. They make you an offer and that number for the Assistant Manager Position is pretty much final. Take it or leave it. There may be room for negotiation at higher levels such as store manager.

Install Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plainville, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainville, CT

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in June 2014.

They went through their suggested interview questions first such as describe a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer. Explain a situation when you had to take criticism and change something you were doing around it. Was a quick turnaround between initial application and a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question was what skills does somebody need to possess to be able to excel in this position.   Answer Question