Lowe's Interview Questions

2.6

Weekend Sales Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

It was a pretty straight forward process, I was contacted by HR who then set up an interview. I arrived to the interview with the HR manager on the first day, then I had a second interview with the Assistant Manager, and then last I had an interview with the Store manager.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question to me was that they all asked similar questions, so as not to repeat myself I had to come up with different scenarios for the same question for each interview.   Answer Question

Driver Helper Interview

Was quick and easy just asked questions about your job history. You have to tell how you worked at different situations at your past jobs. You have to tell about the best customers and the worste customers you had working retail

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us when you didn't approve of a managers actions and what did you do about it   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

The process starts with looking at the Lowes career site. After you find a position to apply for, upload your updated resume. Lowes will choose the top three applicants and offer an interview. After meeting and interviewing with the Area HR Manager and Store Manager, you might have to do an informal interview with the Regional HR Director. After that, wait until they either call with a job offer or you get an email telling you thanks but, you were not selected this time but please apply again for other opportunities.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions are situational based questions. They are all read from a list that corporate HR comes out with. Thus, they are all HR friendly and nothing too difficult if you have experience in that field or have a good dose of common sense.   Answer Question
    The pay is ran through a computer program and it tells them what to pay you. There is in some cases a little room for negotiation but, they tend to stick with the computer rate results.

Department Manager - Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

I was contacted by the HR Manager rather quickly, (less than a week). Set up an interview the following week. Interviewed and did very well. You interview with your own zone specific manager. Original offer was 16.25 and didnt accept. After an hour they called back and offered much more and I accepted. Went back for my drug test and background check the same day. Started the following 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    Based on my experience it defaulted my pay to $16.25 and I declined however they were able to offer me $2.50 more.

Department Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview is "canned" and has little to no relevance toward if person would be a good fit for job. As a result often the wrong people get hired while the more qulified less interview savy current associates loose job advancements. Due to thier GSA requirements they are stuck with poor interview process. If you get an interview make sure to research Lowes policies on custoemr care and use the proper lingo.

Interview Questions
    • No question is difficult when you understand company lingo   Answer Question
    Gave me a take it or leave it offer

Department Manager Interview

i do not remember the interview process! but they mostly ask about customer service, and how you go about helping customers and making a lasting impression. They also want to know mistakes you made and how you went about fixing them.

no negotiation

Department Manager Interview

An hour long interview with HR and Store Manager asking situational questions. It is hard if you have never been a manager before. Most of your answers need to be as if you were a manager. Which is hard to do when you have only been a seasonal associate. They all make sense but hard to answer for some people. I was lucky i previously owned my own business.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you lead a group to accomplish a goal   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they tell you what you will be paid

Assembler Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in August 2014.

I applied for several job openings at two Lowe's locations. I received a phone call about 2 weeks later asking if I was interested. I interviewed with the HR person the next day. While I was there, I also interviewed with an assistant store manager. Both were very friendly and professional. Before I left, the HR rep did a drug screening with a mouth swab and told me the results would be back in about a week. HR called me 6 days later and asked me to come in for a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how you handled it." I suppose this is a fairly standard question for an interview but it can catch you off guard if you have not thought about it before.   Answer Question
    The offer was for more than I had expected. I did not try to negotiate and accepted the offer.

Csa Front End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, KY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's in August 2014.

The questions I was asked would have been for management to handle, not the employee therefore making it extremely hard to say what the interviewees want to hear. I was not prepared for some of the questions and not knowing exactly what they were looking for in my answers. Maybe a second interview would help by different personal in the future.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done before special for a customer? What mistake have you made and how did you correct it?   View Answer

Csa Front End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in August 2014.

I applied online, i got a call about four days later to come in for an interview. I met with the hr manager first. Then i met with the store manager both of them were nice! i got another call back to discuss salary and then to do a drug test they swab your mouth. Then i got scheduled for orientation a week later and i went to orentation went over new employee packets and class A violations, termination, and employee discounts the first week is hectic you are on the computer doing learning skills then you are out on the floor with other employees.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time you went out your way to help a person   Answer Question
    They offered more than i expected