Lowe's

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2011.

Interview Details – Fairly quick and easy. Interviewed with the HR Manager and one of the zone managers. Once that was done it took a couple of days to hear back from them with a job offer

Interview Question – why do you want to work for Lowe's   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – getting application set up took a while on line which is the only option and then had to answer many questions to check my aptitude which is fine but a lot of questions were redundant

Interview Question – straight forward but redundant questions   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate II Interview

Customer Service Associate II
Knoxville, TN

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Lowe's in June 2014.

Interview Details – During the interview, I felt that they already knew exactly who they were going to hire. I was simply one of the CYA candidates. The worst hiring process I've witnessed. I always thought that Lowe's would be more professional than this. Many companies are falling victim to the INTERNET JOB SCREENING SCAM. Lowe's is willing to pay an internet company that "supposedly" specializes in the job screening process and will do it for far less cost than in house. Sounds great but never works that well. This is how companies end up asking totally stupid questions of a candidate. Companies need to get back to dwelling on the POSITIVE side of business.

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

Interviewed at Lowe's

Interview Details – I submitted my application and was called for an interview,. Interviewed with immediate Manager and Director of Department. I had a 1:! interview with immediate manager, then Director of Department, then a panel interview with Engineering team.

Interview Question – would you report a peer or colleague if you saw him doing something that was unethical.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was not difficult since I wanted to get my foot in the door, I had many years of experience, so I felt at the time that once I got with the company I would be able to prove my skills and advance.

Sales Specialist - OPE Interview

Sales Specialist - OPE

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – Good cop/bad cop interview. One manager would ask a question then the other person would ask a similar question in order to get basically 2 answers out of you other than that it was to the point, pretty much the questions I expected. Interview took approximately an our which seemed like an eternity.

Interview Question – no questions were unexpected. It was an interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they offered an amount and I accepted.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2013.

Interview Details – There is an online application that includes basic resume information as well as scenario questions regarding how you would respond in certain real life situations. A few days later HR calls to set up an interview. The interview consisted of twelve longer questions given by the HR manager. The questions were about previous jobs, and how you handled problems in the workplace. When the HR manager finished he/she grabbed the department manager and the same 12 questions were asked. A week later they called and set up a time for a drug test (cheek swab).

Interview Question – Tell us about a time that you tried to solve a problem and failed.   View Answer

Outside Garden Interview

Outside Garden

I applied online - interviewed at Lowe's in January 2014.

Interview Details – when it talked to hr. and then they called me in for and oral drug test. then talked to the department manger and then I had got the job. the training we had to sit in a room for a week on a computer go thru these question that you never use when on get on the floor

Interview Question – do u want the job   Answer Question

Installed Sales Coordinator Interview

Installed Sales Coordinator

I applied online and interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – Position represented by HR Manager as a narrow and shallow scope or duties and responsibilities; false. The IS is at the nexus of multiple communication and responsibility lines. Dept managers and Assistant Store Managers transfer/default responsibility and fix blame on the ISC. Pay is 40-60% below job description and responsibilities. Don't be duped....

Interview Question – Questions were all about, "What was the most/Tell me of a time when...."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No

Head Cashier Interview

Head Cashier
Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and got called 2ish weeks later. I had two interviews one with the HR manager and one with the Assistant manager. Both were pretty basic interview questions: tell me a time about this, explain a problem customer and how you dealt with them, tell me a time you were alone and leading a team, tasking and customer balance experience, etc. They offered me the position that day and I took the drug test and consented to the background check. I got called a little more than a week later with the results. (It took longer for me to get my results because the HR manager was going on vacation) Overall it was a great and fluid interview process!

Interview Question – Explain a time when you told someone else wrong information regarding policy or any other work related expectations, but you did not realize you were wrong until later. How did you handle it, what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not try and negotiate they gave me a higher rate than I was going to negotiate for!

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Specialist Interview

Sales Specialist
Marshall, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lowe's in February 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for all of the jobs they told me to, and out of the multiple jobs I applied for, I only got interviewed for 2. They ask someone to apply and then do not even give them the chance. The people that apply are very qualified.

Interview Question – Think back to the beginning, and tell them about a upset customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question