Lowe's

Updated Dec 16, 2014
1,370 Interview Reviews

2.6

Loss Prevention and Safety Manager Interview

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Lowe's.

First got a phone call from a lady in Chicago of all places. She was doing a phone screen. All questions were for an entry level position. She said someone from the store would review the answers and call me. Nobody did. Tried for same position for another location , was on phone with one gentleman with a lady in the back ground. Went well , they said they were very interested. However they said the position has been filled. " I'm thinking what was the point of calling then? " In all , the questions were very basic hardly related to a manager level. Since then, it has been a big turn off. Even as a consumer there.

Online Traffic Manager Interview

I had an initial phone interview, then had on site interview with panel of about 6 other managers that I would be working with. The position was new and not very defined so most of the questions were general information about how I manage people and processes. The entire process took about 3 weeks and they were very flexible with my start date.

Interview Questions
    There's not much negotiating of salary.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Lowe's.

the hiring and interview process was quick, 3 interviews and drug text.You wait like a month after you pass the interviews. After you are aproved they give an store tour and introduce to all employee.

Pro Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matamoras, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matamoras, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's.

When I was hired it was simple process, but then again that was 8 years ago , it has changed now, its more difficult, there are more questions that need to be answered and trick questions. However they seem to hire people now with no experience because they save money

Interview Questions
    • When have you ever made a mistake, how did you handle it   Answer Question
    simple, they paid me more money and commission at the time, they recruited me from home depot

Pro Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Applied on line at home. I was called in for a preliminary interview with HR. I was then called back for a second interview with The Sales Manager and Store Manager. I was hired pending a drug test.I had at least 1 full week on computer course training before being on the sales floor.

No salary negotiation

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metairie, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metairie, LA

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Job fair, interview on spot. Second interview with manager and store manager. Background check and drug screening. Not horribly invasive, no felonies and clean driving record. It helps to have commissions experience.

Interview Questions
    • Handling irate customers. What challenges have you faced in the retail environment. How comfortable are you up selling. Are you fully available to work the shifts.   View Answer
    Short, salary with commission at the time was very attractive.

Customer Service Associate II Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's.

The hiring process was fairly quick in my opinion. I went in for the interview and was hired on the spot. I was able to do my drug screening and some HR paperwork in the first meeting.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were pretty straightforward and to the point.   Answer Question
    Did not have to because the offer was more than a large number or other associates.

Appliance Sales Specialist Interview

HR called me on the phone did not get an answer then I received a email . interview was with HR and a manager about 12 questions they were very professional. they had me roll play selling them merchandise.. I could tell I impressed them but think the distance I would have to commute was an issue for them..

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

The process starts with looking at the Lowes career site. After you find a position to apply for, upload your updated resume. Lowes will choose the top three applicants and offer an interview. After meeting and interviewing with the Area HR Manager and Store Manager, you might have to do an informal interview with the Regional HR Director. After that, wait until they either call with a job offer or you get an email telling you thanks but, you were not selected this time but please apply again for other opportunities.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions are situational based questions. They are all read from a list that corporate HR comes out with. Thus, they are all HR friendly and nothing too difficult if you have experience in that field or have a good dose of common sense.   Answer Question
    The pay is ran through a computer program and it tells them what to pay you. There is in some cases a little room for negotiation but, they tend to stick with the computer rate results.

Weekend Sales Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

It was a pretty straight forward process, I was contacted by HR who then set up an interview. I arrived to the interview with the HR manager on the first day, then I had a second interview with the Assistant Manager, and then last I had an interview with the Store manager.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question to me was that they all asked similar questions, so as not to repeat myself I had to come up with different scenarios for the same question for each interview.   Answer Question