Lowe's Kitchen Designer Interview Questions & Reviews

2.0

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in December 2010.

The interview focused on sales experience. They were looking for your sales skills and your ability to sell them you as an employee. The interviewers knew nothing about design and were not interested in my portfolio probably because they didn't have the ability to read blueprints. Also, there was no computer literacy component to the hiring process - which I later learned was a problem with their current employees.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time a customer was unhappy and what you did to turn the experience to a positive one. They were very interested in giving the customer a great experience even if the customer was not a good customer. If you could demonstrate a superior ability to deal with difficult people you were a contender for the job.   Answer Question
There was no negotiation. They were authorized to offer an hourly rate and you could take it or leave it. Other benefits like vacation, scheduling, and sick leave were also mandated and not open to negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Morgantown, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2012.

I got an interview with the HR woman and she informed me I got the job on the spot. But it took her TWO WEEKS to call and schedule my drug test, I ended up calling myself and reminding her I needed to have it done. She is extremely unorganized.

Interview Questions
    • They ask generalized, common interview questions. Nothing super complicated.   View Answer
    She told me what the corporate office was offering, I didn't argue about it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in August 2010.

Cookie cutter style. Tell them what they want to hear. Do not stray from unrealistick positive attitude.

Be strong on your pay rate!!!! It will be your only chance to haggel. Your pay IS negociable!!!

Kitchen Designer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Lowe's.

met with HR and dept mgr

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Lowe's in July 2009.

Interview with the sales manager and human resource manager. Asked questions pertaining to kitchen design and how comfortable you are working in a strong customer service environment. Ask you to rate yourself on a scale from 1 to 10 in regard to your knowledge of products that Lowe's offers outside of Kitchen design.

Interview Questions
    • How would you rate your knowledge of Kitchen Design on a scale from 1 to 10   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Lowe's in July 2009.

Have had several interviews with various HR people only to have them move to another store or position. With one HR manager, he was very interested in what I had to say but got no feedback what so ever. I continued to .followed up and then he was gone.

With another, I was one of a few being considered for a position...very professional and upbeat HR person. I had to keep walking in the store and following up. I had a one on one interview and the HR manager was extremely impressed. I was one a few selected for consideration, however, no decision was made and the HR person moved out of the position. Turns out I was told I was overqualified.

Interview Questions
    • None of the interview questions were difficult at this level.   Answer Question

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!