Lowe's

2.1

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elyria, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elyria, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in January 2014.

People seemed very friendly. I came in for three interviews which all had the same questions. The questions were pretty standard such as name a time when you had to help a customer. There were also questions like, name a time when you had to make a sale or name a time when a supervisor interrupted you. After the third offer the company runs a background check and mouth swab drug test. Then you wait some more. The process vas very drawn out and all together took over three weeks.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you promised a customer something and couldn't deliver and how did you handle this situation.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weymouth, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weymouth, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in May 2013.

The hiring process went smoothly. I was at school when I applied for the position and after calling the human resource department, I was given the opportunity to complete my application (drug test, paperwork) for my position at the store located near my school. This allowed me to begin working as soon as I returned to my hometown. The HR manager was very kind and helped me through the training process. I was pleased with how easily it was to adjust to the job.

Interview Questions
    • One question I was not entirely ready for was along the line of "Give an example of when a customer was unhappy and how you handled that". I had to think about it for a minute.   View Answer
    There was not much room for negotiation, but I was pleased with my working hours and base salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in October 2012.

I applied online. I was looking for part time work and this seemed like something easy. I got a phone interview followed up with a brief interview at the store. The interviewer seemed kind of disinterested and for part of the time busy wth other things. I did learn that their busy season is not around Christmas but it is in the spring (because that is when people start projects they have been putting off and buy stuff).

Interview Questions
    • Describe some mistake you did at work. How did you correct it?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westland, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westland, MI

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lowe's in June 2012.

basic questions. real big on customer service. study up, be confident, and be straightforward and to the point. no problems here. call back for second interview, they were both quite casual, and a call later with a wage offer.

requested 11, was offered 11.84

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houma, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houma, LA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's in September 2011.

So I got a phone call about 3 days after I applied online.The woman who called was very nice, asked me if I was interested in the position that I applied for and I told her yes.She then scheduled me an interview for 2 days later which was on a Friday.I got there about 15 minutes early, brought my resume also which seemed to impress the woman for my first interview.During my first interview, we talked for about 5 minutes just getting to know each other, she was very nice and she explained everything about the position.After that she asked me some behavioral type questions, I believe she asked around 6 of them and I answered them as best I can and I also asked her some questions.Then I had to wait about 10 minutes for a second interview.This was one went ok, the guy interviewing me kept his head down the whole time, asked me some questions, told me a little bit about the job but he really didn't talk much except for asking me questions.At the end he told me to expect a phone call the following week but i never got a call.Overall the process was pretty simple, my first interview went really well and the woman was very nice and we got along really good.The second interview wasn't good at all,the guy just kept his head down, didn't really look at me and just didn't seem interested at all.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to work in a group or as a team member?   Answer Question
    • What type of enviroment do you prefer to work in?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you mad a mistake, what was it and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you went above and beyond to help someone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockledge, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockledge, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lowe's in June 2010.

Asked Basic situational questions

Interview Questions
    • If you came in contact with a unhappy guest what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in January 2010.

The hiring process was pretty simple. You start online and go through three interviews. Once you get past the first interview you're in good shape, especially if they are hiring a lot of new employees. Be on time, wear khakis, be polite and use your common sense. For a lower level job that should be enough to get you in the door unless you're just not going to get hired.

I heard they were hiring roughly 40 people with 80-90 applicants total (for multiple positions). It's sad that those are GOOD odds in this area but, hey, you take what you can get. The entire process was very friendly and tolerable. It is one of the first job interviews I've been on where I felt like an actual person instead of a number on a page.

Interview Questions
    • Name one time you made a mistake at work and tell me how you dealt with that mistake?   Answer Question

I honestly wasn't sure I could handle working as a loader 30 hours plus a week. It seemed very, very physical and I decided to stick with current employment.

Loader Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's in March 2012.

I applied online for the temporary position. They called me in about a week later for an interview. Had the interview with the HR with some very questions such as "name a time when you had a problem with a customer" stuff like that. Waited 15 minutes then had an interview with the store manager, who had very similar questions. Got a call 4 days later telling me that I got the job and to come in for the dug test.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to work in a group and a problem arose. How did you go about solving the problem?   Answer Question

Loader Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Lowe's in May 2009.

The process consisted of three interviews, and I was told to leave and come back in between each of them. The time I was asked to arrive was an hour prior to the time I was actually interviewed one of those days, the other to were also delayed by 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any of the questions being difficult to answer, though they will call in to question previous times you have had difficulty handling customers demands. At this job you can expect people to make some ridiculous claims as to why they have brought back items.   Answer Question