Lowe's

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier - Front End Interview

San Dimas, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and called the store asking to speak to the HR manager. Upon getting a hold of the HR asked if I thy would be available for me to shake their hand and put a face to my application. Two weeks passed and I got a call saying I had a interview the next day. Arrived early in slacks, shirt, tie, and a vest. Interviewed first with the zone manager and that week well. 5 minutes after I spoke to the HR and was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Question – "Describe a time when you went above and beyond in your customer service."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR manager offered me 10.24$ which was above my previous job so I accepted immediately. After thinking about it I could have likely received more due to my experience.

Customer Service Associate II Interview

Pico Rivera, CA

Interviewed at Lowe's

Interview Details – I had two interviews in one day. First interview with the Human Resources associate. Second with the store manager. It took a week or so for a call back, and I was told I got the job.

Interview Question – I honestly can't remember. The questions were pretty simple. I had never worked customer service let alone a hardware store so I didn't have experience in those departments.   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager
Lancaster, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in June 2009.

Interview Details – It was a long time ago but management usually knows who they are hiring refused less of interview process. And non negoicable about pay.

Interview Question – What if a customer came to you with a question you didn't know the answer to?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable about pay

Weekday Seasonal Emplloyee Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lowe's in June 2013.

Interview Details – First I had a brief interview over the phone. Then I was told to come in and had an interview with the Hiring Manager and then with the Store Manager. They asked the usual questions. "Describe a situation in which you_____". There were about 6 of these questions. Then the Store Manager asked questions that had more to do with something you would encounter on the job. "How would you approach a customer?". Pretty much just questions that had to do with how you would help a customer with what they're looking for.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you did something wrong.   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Seasonal Cashier
Hawthorne, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2012.

Interview Details – Applied Online for the seasonal cashier position, two day later received phone call for next day interview with HR Manager. Did 1 on 1 interview with HR manager that consisted of many customer service questions like what if? tell me a time?, the HR made de take a seat for a couple of minutes for same day interview with the Department store manager. Also did interview with a young Department manager who asked similar type questions. Told me they will finish reviewing applications and would give me a call withing 5 days. Received a call 2 day after interview to come in for a drug test. Got offered the position

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation just job offer at 11.15

Very Easy Interview

Outside Garden Cashier Interview

Huntington Beach, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2007.

Interview Details – Everything went well and smoothly but I wanted full time and outside garden.
All I got was part time cashier at the front end and still remains as such.
They really don't try to move you along only during reviews, but the managers
ignore you and no further education develops. Maybe it's an age thing?

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No, negotiating, you take what you get.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lowe's interview questions and advice in Los Angeles, CA. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lowe's employees and interview candidates.