Lowe's

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Loss Prevention Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – Short phone interview to ask basic questions about the Loss Prevention job. Next is an interview with the Area Loss Prevention Manager. The next step is either a job offer or you meet with the store manager then the job offer.

Interview Question – Why lowe's? Be ready for this question as most do not answer this correctly. Don't answer "because I am great and would be an asset... Etc" Answer what you like about Lowe's as a company.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation. Most positions have 30-50 applicants so someone is always on standby. So if the request is too high from applicant number 1 then the offer would then go to applicant number 2.

Watertown, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's in February 2008.

Interview Details – The initial job posting was internal, with application process starting online. Once all the applications have been received during the posting period, interviews were scheduled. All potential candidates were required to take a leadership skills assessment test prior to being interviewed. The interview itself consisted of a set of standardized questions pertaining to both the position and being a manager in general. My perceptions of the senior management staff that conducted the interview were that it was a very ordinary, run of the mill interview for them.

Interview Question – How would you respond to an associate who broke company policy.   View Answer

Lansing, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed by current Loss Prevention Manager for an upcoming possible opening. Asked a series of "tell me about a time" questions. Interview took approximately an hour. Towards the end of the interview I was also asked a few situation type questions specific to the position..." what would you do if"....

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to point out a supervisors mistake.   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's in February 2012.

Interview Details – Initially interviewed for the Loss Prevention Specialist Position. Typical behavioral interview consisting of "tell me about a time when..." questions. The next day I received a call asking me to apply for the Loss Prevention Manager position at a different store. Pay was in the mid 40's range, but it would have been a long commute for me. I decided to decline the offer because I was looking for an LP position focused more on external theft, rather than safety. As instructed, I sent a very respectful email declining the offer. They chose not to grant me the professional courtesy of a response. Disappointed in the level of professionalism.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a coworker   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was recruited at a career fair. interviewed after calling them twice. told i was offfered a job as soon as one was available and that 9 were opening soon in my area. two months later and i'm calling and getting no answers. i'm being offered another interview at a different store area, but who knows what will come of it. if you dont work at getting this job it seems you wont get it, and i can't believe i was told i was basically hired just to wait when they didnt even have a job available...

Interview Question – describe negative experiences with bosses/coworkers   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lowe's

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lowe's Loss Prevention Manager interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lowe's employees and interview candidates.