Lowe's

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Loss Prevention Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – The process began, after my online application, with a 90 minute interview by the ALPM. The questions revolved around conflict resolution, meeting (or failing to meet) goals and how you handled those situations, and questions regarding your work ethic and skill set. According to later conversations with other interviewers, the LP interview was more thorough and rigorous than all other store-level interviews, including that of Store Manager.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you failed. What caused your failure and how did you move on with this task or goal?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The ALPM had very strict parameters of what could be offered, in regards to salary. I was asked for my salary preferences, told the absolute top-dollar that could be offered, which was lower than my preference, but accepted.
After working for the company for over a year, now, I'm glad that I accepted. It's a great company to build a career in.

Birmingham, AL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in October 2012.

Interview Details – Long interview. The ALPM will ask multiple questions pre-determined from Corp.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went out of your way to help a customer. Name a time when you failed to help the customer and why.   View Answer
  • Tell us about a supervisor who fell well below your expectations.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The ALPM had little to no wiggle room in his offer. The salary is pretty much set to the store not the applicants exp.

Clinton, MD

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in November 2012.

Interview Details – Lowe's process is fairly simple and straightforward. You search their database online, select the job you want, and fill out the questionnaire. You provide your resume information (obviously) and depending on the position they give you a questionnaire to fill out. While not very long in duration, it serves a purpose. It is a personality test and logically determines if you would be suitable for employment at Lowe's. From there, I received a call from the HR director of the store who arranged an interview with the Store Manager, HR Director, and myself. They asked typical interview questions of me. Describe a difficult time you had with a team member? Describe a time where you dealt with a difficulty at work? Fairly straightforward. After that, the Loss Prevention Manager, not for the store, but for a cluster of stores, brought me in for an interview with him. That was an interview based on my knowledge and abilities of performing the job. Almost the same as the previous interview, but as I said, more skills and abilities based. I got a letter like 2 weeks after my last interview saying, "Sorry!"

Interview Question – Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult situation that has arisen between two co-workers?   Answer Question

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!