Lowe's Interview Questions in Louisville, KY

2.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Commercial Loader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Very laidback about interview process, a little disorganized but this is probably not indicative of the whole company, First is the phone interview which is easy, Next is sit down laid back with HR manager and store manager. They ask you the standard interview questions- name a time in your job in which you had to disagree with your manager, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions, Name a time when you faced a challenge- what did you do, how did you respond?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in March 2009.

I applied with an on-line application. In less than a week Lowes called me for an interview. The first interview was with the HR specialist. The interview was very informal and the questions were very basic questions, such as 1.) Why I felt I was better qualified than other applicants for this job and 2.) Why did I want to work for Lowes. I then took a little test on the computer that is supposed to tell if you're being honest. The interviewer went over the hiring process with me and told me that if they were interested they would contact me in a couple of days. In two days I was called with an appointment for the second interview. During this interview I was interviewed by the Sales Manager. He asked several questions such as 1.) Why did I feel I would be a good employee at Lowes; 2.) What qualities did I most like about my last supervisor 3.) What things did I least like about my last supervisor 4.) My strengths 5.) My weaknesses. 6.) Previous job experience. I was then asked to go back out to the waiting area and wait. I was called back in and interviewed again, this time by the store manager. This interview was a little more formal. She asked basically the same questions as the Sales Manager but went into more detail questioning. She also went over the job description and job expections and work schedules. She kept taking notes. At the end of the interview the HR specialist (first interviewer) came back in and swabbed my mouth for a drug test. They do the drug test and a backgrouund check and as soon as these clear, you're scheduled to come in for training.

NOTES: Dress appropiately..no jeans. Be on time for interview. Introduce yourself and when you leave, shake hands and thank them for the interview. I also took a resume. I had no retail experience at all but felt some of my previous experience in Human Resources would demonstrate I could work with people and was willing to learn.

Interview Questions