Lowe's

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mooresville, NC

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – In the department that I work, we tend to conduct behavioral interviews. Depending on your career level, you might meet with 2-4 individual contributors, 2-4 managers, and may have to complete a case study or conduct a stand-up presentation (facilitation is a big part of the department's role).

Interview Question – Some of the behavioral questions were so abstract, I couldn't tell what competency the question aligned with.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was so long ago, I cannot recall what I countered with and how they responded.

Very Easy Interview

Columbus, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Lowe's in December 2009.

Interview Details – Poor follow up no basic communication

Interview Question – None of them are hard. Truthfully I have to wonder when you are the interviewer and have a script   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None they make offer and that's it

Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2010.

Interview Details – can you tell us a time you dealt with an angry customer, how would you handle a policy that you disagreed with, most of the questions have to deal with how you handle difficult situations such as angry customers or employees.

Interview Question – not really a hard question   View Answer

Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – Most interviews at Lowes are on a two interview procedure. The questions are situation based. Best advice is to give three parts to your answer... what happened, how did you handle it, what was the outcome. And make sure the outcome is a positive one. That should go without saying but you would be amazed at how many answers do not have a positive ending.

Interview Question – The questions are straight forward. Be prepared to talk about situations you have handled regarding customer service, teamwork, leadership, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Some negotiation room but not a lot. Compensation is very generous.

Wilkesboro, NC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2009.

Interview Details – Behavior based questions... tell me a time when...

Interview Question – Varies depending on the department - some groups ask easy questions and will hire right away, other groups make you go through 2-3 rounds of interviews, while you have no idea where you stand.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They can only go up to a certain amount due to job pay ranges, so recruiters are limited when negotiating.

Mooresville, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2010.

Interview Details – I got contacted by a recruiter, chatted with him for a bit, and after a couple of weeks got a call for a phone interview, and then an in-person interview. It consisted of a personal 1-1 interview and then a panel. They seemed like nice people, but it was easy to pick up on the sense that there was a lot of chaos there and a lot of stress.

Interview Question – What is your favorite product in our stores?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not enough money.

Melbourne, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2009.

Interview Details – Applied 2 months prior to the actual interview. It was very professional

Interview Question – What was the most difficult time you had in resolving a negative customer experiance   Answer Question

Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2009.

Interview Details – all situational explain how you handled certain situations

Interview Questions

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!