Lowe's

2.8

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lowe's in July 2013.

Lots of situational questions. The tell me about a time questions, example time you had to comeplete a difficult task how did you do it. Another was sell me a door.

Interview Questions
You got the position and here is the pay.

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in February 2013.

It took about 2 weeks for the phone interview which took about 15 minutes to complete. The face to face interview with HR and ASM took roughly an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were working with a coworker. What task were you working on and what was the outcome?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paso Robles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paso Robles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in January 2013.

They ask a bunch of tell us about a time when.... or what would you do if.....tell us when you couldn't help someone what did you do.... questions

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you couldn't help someone with what they needed. What did you do, and would you do it different?   Answer Question
    none. They put me through the rate advisor and I was very happy with what I got.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkhart, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkhart, IN

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's in April 2011.

I was already working there. You are asked a number of questions which require an answer. Your are numerically rated mostly depending on you comprehension and ability to answer the question.

Interview Questions
    • Specific instances where a customer was unhappy and how you solved it. I mean specific, not " i would have" very specific.   View Answer
    Really wasn't any for me. When I brought it up they stated that I had no experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pineville, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pineville, LA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's in February 2011.

Simple, Direct, weeds out most bad seeds

None. they offered me their target number and that was all they would accept.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's in September 2010.

You are asked to take a computer quiz first before coming in for interview that consists of about 50 questions. You are given scenarios of retail situations and asked how you should respond. Then, you may or may not be called for an interview with the HR manager. If they like you, you will move on to interviewing with the store manager or an assistant manager. Lastly, you will need to pass a drug test where they basically just swab your cheek.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember any specific questions but it would be beneficial to look up some generic retail questions and fake scenarios before going in for the interview. There is a specific retail etiquette that I was not familiar with.   Answer Question

Millwork Sales Specialist Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lowe's in August 2007.

I walked in took interview in automated computer kiosk and had to be persistent and continue to visit once or twice a week before given an interview. Was able to get interview and it was a back to back two day interview one on one with current employees. Not real productive interviews basically just to see if you could tell a screw from a nail.

Interview Questions
    • Have you had experience in a retail environment.   View Answer
    I was recomended by a current associate for the position and that particular associate made a higher then usual hourly rate, and I got what she got and I put her name on my paperwork as a reference. I assume that they knew that I knew what she made and was expecting the same. I did have a good bit of construction experience and was knowledgeable in mill-work.

Millwork Sales Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lowe's in August 2011.

The process worked as it should. I applied for the job at the store, and 3 days later went thru the interview process with the ASM and the HR

Millwork Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's in February 2011.

When I was first hired on at lowe's it was a seasonal position. I went to work everyday and got there early if I could and was never late. They saw how hard I worked so they gave me a part-time position on the stocking crew. 9 months later I applied for the millwork specialist job. It was in a different store. She called me for an interview about 3 days after I applied online. You have to be very positive in these interviews, they ask you alot of things how you handled problems in your past job. You have to try to give as much detail as you can, also they are looking at how well you work with others, (IF YOU ARE A PEOPLE PERSON).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you went out of your way for a customer, what was the situation? What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to over come a problem at work in order to reach a goal? What was the problem? What steps did you take to reach the goal?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when a customer , coworker or supervisor was telling you something but the message was onclear, How did you respond?   Answer Question
    • What department are you move familiar with? In this case it's millwork.
      Imagine a customer is browsing in this department, How would you approach the customer?

Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you wanted to improve you work skills,
      What new skills did you gain?
      How did you develope these new skills?
      What was the outcome?

Answer Question

Millwork Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lowe's in August 2010.

I was an internal candidate who was trying to move up. The questions are all the same for every specialist position. Very nerve-wracking because the interviewers are writing your answers down for later scoring. A few days after the initial interview, I was scheduled for a one on one with the store manager. At which time I was told that I wasn't chosen for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about time that you had to interact with an irate customer. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question