Lowe's Interview Questions in Mooresville, NC

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.8

Front-End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Mooresville, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter through email. There was a screening interview over phone with the recruiter and a written technical assessment to apply. Several days later, a 30 minute Skype technical interview with manager and senior developers, then a week after that, a 90 minute on-site interview with manager and team lead. Technical questions were of moderate difficulty, behavioral questions were the usual standards. Had an offer in hand the day of the onsite, but Lowes took close to a month to process the paperwork needed to actually start.

Interview Questions

• What customer analytics would you choose to track?   Answer Question
    • Explain what a callback function is in Javascript and how to use it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Lowes accepted the hourly rate I asked for without any negotiations. However, getting them to finish your contract and other paperwork is a _serious_ problem. I accepted a written offer from the recruiting firm three weeks ago yet still haven't seen an actual contract or been able to start work. New employees, beware!

IT Service Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lowe's (Mooresville, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

As a recent graduate my college had a placement program that reached out to a contracting company to help get me an interview. Once I got the interview it was all on me to finish through. The nerve wrecking thing about it was that the day of my college graduation was the day of my interview as well.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle frustrating end-users?   1 Answer
    • What's the difference between a soft reboot and a hard reboot?   1 Answer
    • How do you trouble shoot a printer?   1 Answer

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's (Mooresville, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

Initial email contact from recruiter, phone screen, 90 minute Skype interview with hiring managers and senior systems engineers. Scheduling onsite interview. behavioral/situational questions by hiring managers. Technical knowledge questions, followed by asking questions to one hiring manager.

Business Development Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Mooresville, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

The hiring manager posted a discussion in our LinkedIn alumni group about the role and I contacted him directly. Had a quick phone screen with him and made the decision to officially apply. From there, I was brought on-site for a panel interview and presentation to the hiring manager. Ultimately, they were looking for someone that had P/E or IB background - mine was more traditional corp finance. Didn't get an offer, but the experience was still great.

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lowe's (Mooresville, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was for college graduates taking place on Purdue University's campus. The position is pretty general "IT Specialist" but it was for the college program where you complete a 2-3 month rotation as an "IT Specialist" then you can choose to be a Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, or Developer. I didn't interview with the recruiter (who was there interviewing other candidates) I interviewed with the Project Manager who is actually the boss of many of the positions you are pursuing after you finish your first 2-3 month in the college rotation. The interview was fairly simple, mostly behavioral, the more experience you have the better. He gave about 8-10 questions and at the beginning of the interview told me to use a different example or scenario for each one (school projects, or work). Questions included: \ - Name a time when you had to work with a difficult person, and how did you handle it? What was the outcome? - Name a time when you had a disagreement with someone, what was the outcome? - Name a time when you had to do something multiple times to figure it out. Did you figure it out? What was the outcome? - Assume you are put on a project with someone you know doesn't work well with others. How would you handle it? How would you approach it? TECHNICAL - Tell me how you would create a process flow diagram for making a sandwich. I can't remember all the rest but this was the majority. Like I said the more experience you have the easier it is. He told me they had a few more Universities to go to and that I would hear something sometime in the next month.

Interview Questions

• Assume you are put on a project with someone you know doesn't work well with others. How would you handle it? How would you approach it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The exceeded my expectation. by about 8 thousand dollars a year plus bonuses. Also gave me 5k for accepting the offer, and I live about 9 hours away from their HQ, and they are paying for all my moving expenses.

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Mooresville, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call on the next day and was asked some standard questions. A skype interview was schedule with a panel of 3 interviewers. Skype interview was mostly technical with some behavioral questions. Technical questions were very basic. Got called for onsite interview. The date for the interview was changed later. The onsite interview was completely behavioral. Almost no technical questions were asked though the position was technical.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Mooresville, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

Their interviews are a series of "panel interviews". The experience pitted me in multiple 1-hr interviews with 2-4 people on the other side of the table. The questions are mostly focused on your experience and how you handled yourself in various situations. My 1st interview was very negative as multiple interviewers were hostile in their questions. I later learned from another employee that there was political tension around the nature of the position I was applying for. My experience, while stressful difficult to sit through was something that I would doubt others would experience.

Interview Questions

• Most questions sound like similar variations of, "Tell me a time when..."   Answer Question

I received a competing offer from another company.

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Mooresville, NC).

Interview

Started with recruiter. Very basic stuff. Then a phone interview with potential manager, again nothing too difficult. Was brought onsite for an interview. Panel style. Lots of behavioural questions, describe a time when you did X, or when you did Y. Customer service focused, light on the technical details. Was really expecting more of a technical interview. People were friendly.

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Lowe's (Mooresville, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interview that consisted of various behavioral and technical questions. I was asked about my excel and accrual accounting experience as well. Their was a four person interview panel that took turns asking me various questions related to the previous criteria. I was given an opportunity to ask questions at the end.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Mooresville, NC).

Interview

In the department that I work, we tend to conduct behavioral interviews. Depending on your career level, you might meet with 2-4 individual contributors, 2-4 managers, and may have to complete a case study or conduct a stand-up presentation (facilitation is a big part of the department's role).

Interview Questions

• Some of the behavioral questions were so abstract, I couldn't tell what competency the question aligned with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was so long ago, I cannot recall what I countered with and how they responded.