Lowe's Operations Manager Interview Questions

2.8

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Campus interview

Interview Questions

• Ask 12 behavior questions. It is pretty general behavior questions but time consuming.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's in June 2013.

Interview

Resume was sent to company through recruiting agency. I was scheduled for a phone interview with the assistant general manager. The phone interview went very well, a lot of the standard interview questions. The phone interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. I was a little disappointed not to receive a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you have built rapport with someone after a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Lowe's (Waterbury, CT) in October 2012.

Interview

Initial screening or recruiter. Phone and or e-mail contact. Face to face on site interview. 1/2 a day or more for the on-site process. Situational question as well as some 'fit' test questions.
    Interview with HR and Senior managaers. If selected you will have a drug screening and background check. Look for decision within 1-3 weeks. Notified by phone / e-mail either way.

Interview Questions

• These change up regularly.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lowe's (Atlanta, GA) in July 2010.

Interview

I was referred to a Lowe's Company Director by one of their officers. The Director started with a phone interview lasting 10-15 minutes, trying to gain general knowledge of my experience. The questions were not difficult. Two weeks later I was invited to an interview wherer the Director and his boss met me for an 1.5 hours at their office. The interview was very scripted. They both had a multi page questionnaire and were taking notes the entire time. They informed me that it was standard procedure and that everyone interviewing for the position would receive the same questions. I was informed that they would be getting back to me in around two weeks. Have not heard from them yet. Overall they were pleasant and personable but stuck to the script.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time when you had to venture outside of company procedures or protocal in order to satisfy a customer.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Aiken, SC) in July 2008.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, followed by assessment , then face to face with store manager, then face to face with district manager

Interview Questions

• Tons of questions about selling process...how do you drive sales in down economy?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in June 2008.

Interview

I was referred by a friend. Sent resume', waited a week. Received a call for interview.

Good

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in May 2008.

Interview

Had to call HR Manager multiple times to get them to follow up on my application. I then had an informal interview with the outgoing Operations Manager before I met with the Store Manager. That interview consisted of 15 formal questions about customer service situations and dealing with employee issues in the past

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you turned a disatisfied customer into a satisfied customer?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle an employee who's performance has slipped?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They will low ball with the bottom of their pay scale. They have the ability to hire external canidates up to the mid range of their pay scale. Depending on where in the country you are, they actually have 6 differant pay scales based on the local economy.