Lowe's

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – Campus interview

Interview Question – Ask 12 behavior questions. It is pretty general behavior questions but time consuming.   Answer Question

Operations Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in June 2013.

Interview Details – Resume was sent to company through recruiting agency. I was scheduled for a phone interview with the assistant general manager. The phone interview went very well, a lot of the standard interview questions. The phone interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. I was a little disappointed not to receive a face to face interview.

Interview Question – Give an example of when you have built rapport with someone after a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Waterbury, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Lowe's in October 2012.

Interview Details – Initial screening or recruiter. Phone and or e-mail contact. Face to face on site interview. 1/2 a day or more for the on-site process. Situational question as well as some 'fit' test questions.
Interview with HR and Senior managaers. If selected you will have a drug screening and background check. Look for decision within 1-3 weeks. Notified by phone / e-mail either way.

Interview Question – These change up regularly.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Aiken, SC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in July 2008.

Interview Details – Phone interview with recruiter, followed by assessment , then face to face with store manager, then face to face with district manager

Interview Question – Tons of questions about selling process...how do you drive sales in down economy?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was referred to a Lowe's Company Director by one of their officers. The Director started with a phone interview lasting 10-15 minutes, trying to gain general knowledge of my experience. The questions were not difficult. Two weeks later I was invited to an interview wherer the Director and his boss met me for an 1.5 hours at their office. The interview was very scripted. They both had a multi page questionnaire and were taking notes the entire time. They informed me that it was standard procedure and that everyone interviewing for the position would receive the same questions. I was informed that they would be getting back to me in around two weeks. Have not heard from them yet. Overall they were pleasant and personable but stuck to the script.

Interview Question – Tell us of a time when you had to venture outside of company procedures or protocal in order to satisfy a customer.   View Answers (2)

Operations Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in June 2008.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend. Sent resume', waited a week. Received a call for interview.

Negotiation Details – Good

Operations Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2008.

Interview Details – Had to call HR Manager multiple times to get them to follow up on my application. I then had an informal interview with the outgoing Operations Manager before I met with the Store Manager. That interview consisted of 15 formal questions about customer service situations and dealing with employee issues in the past

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you turned a disatisfied customer into a satisfied customer?   View Answer
  • How would you handle an employee who's performance has slipped?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They will low ball with the bottom of their pay scale. They have the ability to hire external canidates up to the mid range of their pay scale. Depending on where in the country you are, they actually have 6 differant pay scales based on the local economy.

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!