Lowe's

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Knoxville, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online (nearly every position must be initially applied for online) and received a phone call from HR 5 days later. We chatted briefly, mostly small talk, and set up an interview for the next day.

The first interview was one-on-one with the HR manager and lasted about 45 minutes. The questions were straight forward: tell me about yourself, what are strengths/weaknesses, why do you want to work for Lowes. Six or seven questions involved "Tell me about a time when........." and "Describe a situation in previous jobs were you.......". Since this is a retail operation most questions were related to dealing with customers. After the interview we scheduled a second interview for 3 days later.

The second interview was also one-on-one with the Assistant Store Manager and also lasted about 45 minutes. I was again asked "Why Lowes?" and then asked more "Describe a situatiuon where...." and "Tell me a time when...." but was also asked to describe in detail what happened after you took the specific action and would you handle the situation the same the next time.

I was contacted a week later with a job offer.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Received another offer from another employer.

Gadsden, AL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was asked various questions about times I had to deal with customers under different circumstances and how I handled them. I was interviewed twice on the first day. I'm currently waiting on a third interview. The interviewers were very easy to talk to and the process was simple. They ask that you pull from previous job experiences as well as school and other group activities that you can remember to help answer these questions.

Interview Question – Tell about a time you gave a customer wrong information and the customer has already left; How did you respond once you realized your mistake   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Kirkwood, MO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interviewing process was pretty straight forward. Just don't mess it up, pretty easy.

Interview Question – What do you bring to the job?   View Answer

White Marsh, MD

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was pretty simple. Two managers interview you and ask several situational questions and the "Why Lowe's question. This company is big on "customer service"...take the hint!! Second manager welcomed me to the team, background took a day, drug test the day after, and orientation that week. First shift in two days!!

Interview Question – Why Lowe's?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation; seasonal job.

Receiver

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – Took 2 weeks for a call back. When they are hiring they have a timeline for the process. If you apply when position first opens, you have to wait a while, if you apply right before the process ends, you wait less. I don't think it hsa anything to do with how good or bad they think you are. 2 interviews, same day. Basic interview questions. Read all the examples to be prepared. That's what I did and didn't have to take a lot of time thinking of answers. Take the time to go through all the questions and answers here. They didn't ask anything I didn't already get from reading the answers on this website.

Interview Question – None that weren't already addressed on this site.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They say info goes into computer and what it spits out is the offer. No room for negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lowe's

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lowe's Receiver interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lowe's employees and interview candidates.