Lowe's

Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.6

54 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lowe's.

I applied online in January when they do most of their hiring. I got a call back a 2 days later. I had 3 interviews one with the HR director the second with the department manager and the third with another manager. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
  • They ask all questions pertaining to your position. It's not difficult at all.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Sales Associate Interview

Meet with HR then Store Manager, interview not to intense, had previous experience with similar company. Manger was friendly non-aggressive. Assistant manager part was not so easy she was not friendly could not seem to answer her questions the way she wanted.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lowe's.

Horrible. They told me it was not necessary for me to dress formal (I had a dress shirt, dress pants, and a tie). I guess they never cared about people looking nice for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me the same questions that were on the online form. Very lazy in my opinion.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's in August 2014.

It was a long and exhausting process why must it takes 3 interview to determine whether or not your right for the position and then after all the interviews you still do not get the job its just absurd.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lowe's.

Spoke to an ASM because HR was out. Basically told the truth and hired on the spot. They asked about prior work experience and random questions about customer service ability and dealing with difficult situations.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult or unexpected. Standard interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waldorf, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waldorf, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Pretty basic interview process. Went to the store to see if they needed anyone. Filled out application and then received a phone interview. Went to the store and interviewed with 3 people.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of experience do you have with hardware, remodeling, etc?
      Name a time you went out of your way to satisfy a difficult customer?

View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrington, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrington, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's.

The manager I was hired by is no longer there so I'm not sure what the procedure is for the new manager. I applied by filling out an online application. Was called in for an interview with the manager. Was drug tested. And within a week I was told I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work closely with another employee to solve a problem. What was the problem and how did you handle i8tl   Answer Question
    I was told that everyone started at the same rate which was mandated by HQ but found out later that wasn't the case. I believe the men are paid better than the woman.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – Started with a brief phone interview then in store interview with the HR manager and store manager. they were all situational questions like state a time when a were in a diificult situation, when you helped a customer, why should we hire you and why lowes. the hiring process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult. they were all situational questions   Answer Question
    They didn't negotiate. They just told me what I was making.

Sales Associate Interview

Applied then received email the following day. Within a week I was scheduled an appointment but when I went the manager wasn't there due to personal reasons. So it was rescheduled and we did an over the phone interview and about a week later I received an email stating they were proceeding with other candidates at this time.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you had to compromise with another team member to get something done?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lowe's in April 2014.

The hiring process was somewhat fast and stream lined. First there was an appointment for an interview set up by the HR person. Then that interview included questions asking for verbal examples of past situations on a previous job where by you helped a customer or solved a problem for a person in a retail setting. other questions were of a similar fashion asking you to tell of your experiences or situations where you helped or resolved or reported a situation to a manager where necessary. Then a manager comes in and basically asks you some very similar questions during that same visit. All this while taking note of your responses.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you noticed a fellow employee not doing what was expected of him or her? Visa vie reporting that person to management.   Answer Question
    Not much negotiating. An offer of hourly wage and training start date was about it.