Lowe's Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.6

49 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chester, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2014.

The hiring process was somewhat fast and stream lined. First there was an appointment for an interview set up by the HR person. Then that interview included questions asking for verbal examples of past situations on a previous job where by you helped a customer or solved a problem for a person in a retail setting. other questions were of a similar fashion asking you to tell of your experiences or situations where you helped or resolved or reported a situation to a manager where necessary. Then a manager comes in and basically asks you some very similar questions during that same visit. All this while taking note of your responses.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if you noticed a fellow employee not doing what was expected of him or her? Visa vie reporting that person to management.   Answer Question
Not much negotiating. An offer of hourly wage and training start date was about it.

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's.

Spoke to an ASM because HR was out. Basically told the truth and hired on the spot. They asked about prior work experience and random questions about customer service ability and dealing with difficult situations.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult or unexpected. Standard interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waldorf, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waldorf, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Pretty basic interview process. Went to the store to see if they needed anyone. Filled out application and then received a phone interview. Went to the store and interviewed with 3 people.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of experience do you have with hardware, remodeling, etc?
      Name a time you went out of your way to satisfy a difficult customer?
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Skokie, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2013.

Ask all those basic interview questions. Easy interview. Called and replied back. In result they gave me an offer and i accepted the job. After 1 year of working their i'm beginning to get sick of this place.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warrington, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrington, PA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's.

The manager I was hired by is no longer there so I'm not sure what the procedure is for the new manager. I applied by filling out an online application. Was called in for an interview with the manager. Was drug tested. And within a week I was told I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work closely with another employee to solve a problem. What was the problem and how did you handle i8tl   Answer Question
    I was told that everyone started at the same rate which was mandated by HQ but found out later that wasn't the case. I believe the men are paid better than the woman.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Covington, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, LA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Lowe's in November 2010.

Easy, walked in, spoke to HR, Store Manager interview, pee in the cup, hired. Home improvement is pretty simple, just treat people with respect, cooperate, pay attention to personal appearance

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norman, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2013.

Lowes lauds itself as a military friendly employer so as a 20 year veteran with a college education I applied for a full-time job online. Took an absolutely annoying personality test online. Called several weeks later for an interview. Arrived and was interviewed by a young HR guy for 30 minutes and asked "What if" questions he acted pre-occupied like he had better things to do. Then I was interviewed by the assistant store manager who was 20 something years old and acted like he was totally uninterested. I had the vibe to just walk out of the interview, but I remained professional and stayed until he was done. They didn't seem very military friendly and I received no offer for a basic job that any veteran should excel at.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – Started with a brief phone interview then in store interview with the HR manager and store manager. they were all situational questions like state a time when a were in a diificult situation, when you helped a customer, why should we hire you and why lowes. the hiring process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult. they were all situational questions   Answer Question
    They didn't negotiate. They just told me what I was making.

Sales Associate Interview

Applied then received email the following day. Within a week I was scheduled an appointment but when I went the manager wasn't there due to personal reasons. So it was rescheduled and we did an over the phone interview and about a week later I received an email stating they were proceeding with other candidates at this time.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you had to compromise with another team member to get something done?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2014.

After applying it took 3 weeks to receive a call for interview. Everything posted on here is correct. Be prepared for random people coming in and out, being around you during the interview process. Be prepared for many situational questions. Ultimately, they want to verify you're a team player and not a jerk to people. They want to hear stories about your success and but also ask for times that you have failed.

Interview Questions
    • Why Lowe's?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to work with a co-worker towards a goal. What was the process and what was the solution?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • Name a time an idea if yours was rejected?   Answer Question
    • What things make a successful retail environment?   Answer Question

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!