Lowe's

Getting the Interview

28 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2014.

Interview Details – After applying it took 3 weeks to receive a call for interview. Everything posted on here is correct. Be prepared for random people coming in and out, being around you during the interview process. Be prepared for many situational questions. Ultimately, they want to verify you're a team player and not a jerk to people. They want to hear stories about your success and but also ask for times that you have failed.

Interview Questions

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2014.

Interview Details – took three weeks to respond to application, otherwise people were friendly

Interview Question – all questions were appropriate to the job at hand   Answer Question

Mooresville, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, got a call immediately and then they scheduled an interview. Went to the interview, answered a few 'tell me about a time' questions. They're very accomodating and you wouldn't feel nervous at all. They told me that they'll keep in touch. Got a call 3 days later, scheduled an interview with the Store Manager, went to that interview same questions were asked, the interview didn't took that long. I'm still waiting for the results.

Interview Question – What are you most proud of?   Answer Question

Enterprise, AL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – Applied for Sales Associate II. Received a call for an interview a week and a day later. The interview was the next day. Meet with the HR personnel. She gave me a printed out version of the job description that was previously online. Went into the interview portion after 10 mins. Interview questions were scenario based. (Describe a time when you.....). Time with her lasted 30 mins. Assistant store manager came in second. Interview with him lasted 20 mins. Same sort of questions but different than the ones the HR person asked me. Was emailed 3 days after interview that they chose to go with someone else.

Interview Question – None. All questions were very generic.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – After submitting my application, less then a week later I received a call from HR and set q interview for the following day. I came in early, and was interviewed early. The first interview went well and asked if I had time for a second interview right now. Both interviews were wonderful, more like a conversation rather then endless questions.

Interview Question – Very standard, no surprises.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, and was happily surprised with the outcome. This is a company that cares about their employees and what people think.

Very Easy Interview

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's in January 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewing process was intuitive, fun and educational they helped make sure that you would know the store before you start work as well as getting to know the other employees and general for the equipment.

Interview Question – Name one time that you had to be creative and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's in August 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted application online. Screening test online. Contacted within 2 days for an interview.

Negotiation Details – there was no negotion

Fort Worth, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2013.

Interview Details – positive one. interview was good. HR and manager sat down asked several questions. I was called the next week with a job offer.

Interview Question – I had never worked in retail...so the hardest question was the marketing questions.....what are 5 things that are important for a customer   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – I applied online in February and it took a few weeks to set up initial first interview. I got called to come in next day. It was pretty straightforward. I was then called two days later to set up a second interview with GM. That went well and then I came in a week later to do a drug swab test. And orientation was a week after...So all in all it took a few weeks, but pretty easy enough.

Interview Question – They were all situation questions. Tell me about a time when you were dealing with a stressful customer /situation? What would you do if someone stole ? etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation. Accept whatever they give.

Belleville, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out the application online on a monday and got a call back that friday. Set up my interview for the following monday. i arrived a half hour early. Did the interview with one manager. Then waited a half hour and had a second interview. She told me I would get an email in 5-7 days if i got the job or not.

Interview Question – Describe a time you went out of your way to help a customer.
Describe a situation when you and your boss didnt see eye to eye.
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lowe's

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lowe's Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lowe's employees and interview candidates.