Lowe's Sales Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.6

Sales Specialist Interview

Interview

Online application with standard background and personal information provided. Total of three phone interviews. Typical questions about past experience, qualifications for position applied for, examples of how I handled different situations, resolved conflicts, met challenges. Standard drug testing and background investigation.

Interview Questions

• Make a sales presentation about a product off the cuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was a take it or leave it offer based on corporate guidelines.

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

When I applied for this position I was a current CSA at a different lowe's store. I applied online through the employee career site. I was contacted by HR a few days after submitting my app and was asked about my relevant experience in the department. I was then sent a link to the lowe's assessment test. 2 Days later I was contacted again to schedule an interview. The interview itself was relatively informal panel- it consisted of the ASM (whose zone it was) and the HR manager alternating in asking me questions. They were friendly, and the interview itself was a very pleasant experience. The questions were pretty basic STAR type. As long as you have several examples of things you accomplished/difficulties overcome, you should be fine. 2 days later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you gave a customer incorrect information. What happened and what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, but the offer was fair.

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's in January 2015.

Interview

the process was long and had to meet with many people but had fun looks like we need more people to intertview and take the process to see then we need to lokk out for the tough question on there

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Burnie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Glen Burnie, MD).

Interview

Received phone call to come in for a interview the next next day. I had a face to face interview with the Human resources manager and ast. Manager at same time they took turns asking questions from the paper. Still waiting to hear back. I interviewed for two positions flooring sales specialist and pro sales specialist.

Interview Questions

• All questions are basic star format questions. Was also asked to role play and sell them a item from the store.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a $1.00 more and got .76 more.

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's in October 2014.

Interview

APPLIED ON LINE AS A CURRENT EMPLOYEE, WAS SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW. I HAD A COUPLE OF DAYS TO PREPARE. STILL WAITING FOR RESULTS AND AN OFFER. Remember You don't have to take the offer it is negotiable. They don't want you to know that, but the salary really is negotiable! I know from experience! Also you can look up the average salary for the position that you are applying for on this site. If and when you get an offer to accept the job, you can say that you are interested in accepting but either take what they offer you or negotiate formore. I know of people that got over $2.00/hr more than was offered. Don't get too greedy and find out that they hired someone else.

Interview Questions

• Thinking back to a time when you had a difficult customer...how did you handle it?, what did you do?, what was the outcome????   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metairie, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Metairie, LA).

Interview

Job fair, interview on spot. Second interview with manager and store manager. Background check and drug screening. Not horribly invasive, no felonies and clean driving record. It helps to have commissions experience.

Interview Questions

• Handling irate customers. What challenges have you faced in the retail environment. How comfortable are you up selling. Are you fully available to work the shifts.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Short, salary with commission at the time was very attractive.

Sales Specialist Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview and was offered the position the next day, I accepted it. The questions are the same because they come off of a form. They are situational questions, like if you had a problem with a customer, how did you handle it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parkersburg, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Parkersburg, WV).

Interview

Online assessment tests, call from HR, interview w/ ASM & HR STAR format situation questions, very easy

Negotiation

None based on experience & payroll calculator

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2014.

Interview

Most Sales Specialist interviews are scheduled with at least 24 hours advanced notice. The interview questions are Behavioral Interview questions, which Lowe's calls Situational Interview questions. If you have not held such a position previously, it will be difficult to answer the questions from a Sales Specialist perspective.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you do during slow sales times.   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online, received call from recruiter, then follow up from store to schedule interview a week later. The interview in store was easy the questions were all read from a printed sheet. The interviewer also took a long time to write my responses. Still waiting to here of an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you experienced a difficult customer and the steps that were involved to resolve.   1 Answer