Lowe's

52 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Marshall, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lowe's in February 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for all of the jobs they told me to, and out of the multiple jobs I applied for, I only got interviewed for 2. They ask someone to apply and then do not even give them the chance. The people that apply are very qualified.

Interview Question – Think back to the beginning, and tell them about a upset customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Fresno, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was promoted from within the company. They moved me over from a different department. There was no negotiation on pay rate it was already set rate. Overall process was fast and easy.

Interview Question – Really basic questions, nothing to hard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was not negotiation

DFW, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in January 2011.

Interview Details – There were two interviews, one on phone and the other in person. Pretty simple if you have sales experience. They are looking for that typical retail associate who thinks of customers first.

Interview Question – Most difficult experience with a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Standard for company.

Asheville, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in December 2012.

Interview Details – The process is different now than when I started. After submitting an application, you may get a call from a company which conducts a phone interview. The phone interview will ask questions about your background and typical screening questions. If you do well on the phone interview, you will get a call from the HR manager at the store, who will arrange an interview at the store with 2 or 3 managers.

Interview Question – Tell us about a situation when you realized you had make a bad mistake and what you did to correct it. Don't throw back a softball on this one. Your response will be a good indicator of your personality and your ability to own and fix your mistakes.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Your initial salary will affect most of your career pay at Lowe's. Annual raises are similar across the board and don't vary much from a fixed percentage. The HR manager has some flexibility so be sure and counter their offer. You may not get any more but it's important to ask.

Sales Specialist

I applied online - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, received call from recruiter, then follow up from store to schedule interview a week later. The interview in store was easy the questions were all read from a printed sheet. The interviewer also took a long time to write my responses. Still waiting to here of an offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you experienced a difficult customer and the steps that were involved to resolve.   View Answer

Interviewed at Lowe's

Interview Details – I had a phone interview and was offered the position the next day, I accepted it. The questions are the same because they come off of a form. They are situational questions, like if you had a problem with a customer, how did you handle it.

Interview Question – I knew the questions that were asked, they use a form   Answer Question

Parkersburg, WV

I applied online and interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – Online assessment tests, call from HR, interview w/ ASM & HR STAR format situation questions, very easy

Negotiation Details – None based on experience & payroll calculator

Sale Specialist Interview

Sale Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – One interview following by offer. Then drug and background check

Interview Question – All situational questions during interview. Be prepared to answer questions to hypothetical questions using examples from past work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Sales Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – application, then to the specialist assessment. First initial interview, second interview, third interview will be the job offer. Calling the store now will not help, everything is done through a recruitment process

Interview Question – Give an example when you had a disagreement with a co-worker or manger. How did you resolve it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No the pay scale is on your work and education experience

Interviewed at Lowe's

Interview Details – I was first interviewed by the Hr manager, then I was asked to comeback for a second interview where I was interviewed by a Assistant store manager and the HR manager. I was asked questions such as. tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation. And what would you say your greatest weakness is.

Interview Question – Can you tell me about a time that you failed,   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lowe's

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lowe's Sales Specialist interview questions and advice. All 52 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lowe's employees and interview candidates.