Lowe's

56 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Burnie, MD
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Burnie, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Received phone call to come in for a interview the next next day. I had a face to face interview with the Human resources manager and ast. Manager at same time they took turns asking questions from the paper. Still waiting to hear back. I interviewed for two positions flooring sales specialist and pro sales specialist.

Interview Questions
  • All questions are basic star format questions. Was also asked to role play and sell them a item from the store.   Answer Question
I asked for a $1.00 more and got .76 more.

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's in October 2014.

APPLIED ON LINE AS A CURRENT EMPLOYEE, WAS SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW. I HAD A COUPLE OF DAYS TO PREPARE. STILL WAITING FOR RESULTS AND AN OFFER. Remember You don't have to take the offer it is negotiable. They don't want you to know that, but the salary really is negotiable! I know from experience! Also you can look up the average salary for the position that you are applying for on this site. If and when you get an offer to accept the job, you can say that you are interested in accepting but either take what they offer you or negotiate formore. I know of people that got over $2.00/hr more than was offered. Don't get too greedy and find out that they hired someone else.

Interview Questions
    • Thinking back to a time when you had a difficult customer...how did you handle it?, what did you do?, what was the outcome????   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metairie, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metairie, LA

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Job fair, interview on spot. Second interview with manager and store manager. Background check and drug screening. Not horribly invasive, no felonies and clean driving record. It helps to have commissions experience.

Interview Questions
    • Handling irate customers. What challenges have you faced in the retail environment. How comfortable are you up selling. Are you fully available to work the shifts.   View Answer
    Short, salary with commission at the time was very attractive.

Sales Specialist Interview

I had a phone interview and was offered the position the next day, I accepted it. The questions are the same because they come off of a form. They are situational questions, like if you had a problem with a customer, how did you handle it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parkersburg, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parkersburg, WV

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Online assessment tests, call from HR, interview w/ ASM & HR STAR format situation questions, very easy

None based on experience & payroll calculator

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lowe's in May 2014.

Most Sales Specialist interviews are scheduled with at least 24 hours advanced notice. The interview questions are Behavioral Interview questions, which Lowe's calls Situational Interview questions. If you have not held such a position previously, it will be difficult to answer the questions from a Sales Specialist perspective.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you do during slow sales times.   View Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's in May 2014.

Applied online, received call from recruiter, then follow up from store to schedule interview a week later. The interview in store was easy the questions were all read from a printed sheet. The interviewer also took a long time to write my responses. Still waiting to here of an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you experienced a difficult customer and the steps that were involved to resolve.   View Answer

Sale Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

One interview following by offer. Then drug and background check

Interview Questions
    • All situational questions during interview. Be prepared to answer questions to hypothetical questions using examples from past work experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

application, then to the specialist assessment. First initial interview, second interview, third interview will be the job offer. Calling the store now will not help, everything is done through a recruitment process

Interview Questions
    • Give an example when you had a disagreement with a co-worker or manger. How did you resolve it?   View Answer
    No the pay scale is on your work and education experience

Sales Specialist Interview

I was first interviewed by the Hr manager, then I was asked to comeback for a second interview where I was interviewed by a Assistant store manager and the HR manager. I was asked questions such as. tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation. And what would you say your greatest weakness is.