Lowe's Sales Specialist Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

52 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Marshall, TX
Anonymous Employee in Marshall, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Lowe's in February 2011.

I applied for all of the jobs they told me to, and out of the multiple jobs I applied for, I only got interviewed for 2. They ask someone to apply and then do not even give them the chance. The people that apply are very qualified.

Interview Questions
  • Think back to the beginning, and tell them about a upset customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2010.

I was promoted from within the company. They moved me over from a different department. There was no negotiation on pay rate it was already set rate. Overall process was fast and easy.

there was not negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Asheville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in December 2012.

The process is different now than when I started. After submitting an application, you may get a call from a company which conducts a phone interview. The phone interview will ask questions about your background and typical screening questions. If you do well on the phone interview, you will get a call from the HR manager at the store, who will arrange an interview at the store with 2 or 3 managers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a situation when you realized you had make a bad mistake and what you did to correct it. Don't throw back a softball on this one. Your response will be a good indicator of your personality and your ability to own and fix your mistakes.   View Answer
    Your initial salary will affect most of your career pay at Lowe's. Annual raises are similar across the board and don't vary much from a fixed percentage. The HR manager has some flexibility so be sure and counter their offer. You may not get any more but it's important to ask.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  DFW, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in January 2011.

There were two interviews, one on phone and the other in person. Pretty simple if you have sales experience. They are looking for that typical retail associate who thinks of customers first.

Standard for company.

Sales Specialist Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2014.

Applied online, received call from recruiter, then follow up from store to schedule interview a week later. The interview in store was easy the questions were all read from a printed sheet. The interviewer also took a long time to write my responses. Still waiting to here of an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you experienced a difficult customer and the steps that were involved to resolve.   View Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

I had a phone interview and was offered the position the next day, I accepted it. The questions are the same because they come off of a form. They are situational questions, like if you had a problem with a customer, how did you handle it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Parkersburg, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parkersburg, WV

I interviewed online - interviewed at Lowe's.

Online assessment tests, call from HR, interview w/ ASM & HR STAR format situation questions, very easy

None based on experience & payroll calculator

Sale Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

One interview following by offer. Then drug and background check

Interview Questions
    • All situational questions during interview. Be prepared to answer questions to hypothetical questions using examples from past work experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Sales Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

application, then to the specialist assessment. First initial interview, second interview, third interview will be the job offer. Calling the store now will not help, everything is done through a recruitment process

Interview Questions
    • Give an example when you had a disagreement with a co-worker or manger. How did you resolve it?   View Answer
    No the pay scale is on your work and education experience

Sales Specialist Interview

I was first interviewed by the Hr manager, then I was asked to comeback for a second interview where I was interviewed by a Assistant store manager and the HR manager. I was asked questions such as. tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation. And what would you say your greatest weakness is.

Interview Questions

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!