Lowe's Seasonal Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

2.2

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Applied online, took assessment, they called, had a face to face interview with situational questions. Fairly easy and straight forward, no prep really needed. You should bring a print out of your resume and write any questions you may have.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lowe's (Omaha, NE) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was very casual. All employees interview with either the store HR manager or an ASM (assistant store manager). The store manager doesn't actually get involved. There is a lot of paperwork, usually regarding job description and safety protocol. They call me back within a week. However, getting in touch with HR to perform a drug test was very complicated.

Interview Questions

• When have you worked in team? When did other people have to rely on you to finish a task? When did you see something unsafe, and how did you correct it? Describe a time you had to teach someone how to complete a task?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Lowe's (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a lot of questions to answer just basically what have you done in situations when customers were upset how did you handle it and so forth and so on really a bunch of foolishness if you ask me but we all have a job to do so i guess thats part of theirs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stony Brook, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lowe's (Stony Brook, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward. They just asked 8 questions about previous work experience. They are just looking to make sure you are literate and moderately smart. Sometimes if you do not have an answer to a question it is better to just talk about an experience you have had that is similar. If they ask you a question that is unrelated to your work experience just try to come up with something.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a hard decision at work?   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in March 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for several positions and the different managers all asked the same questions, reading from a script. They were basic situational type questions - tell me about a time...

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

The whole process took less than a week. I applied online and I got a call back from HR manager 2 days later. I was scheduled for interview with HR manager 2 days later. He asked 9 behavioral questions and offered me the job right after. I also went through oral drug test the same day and started orientation three days later.

Interview Questions

• What was most difficult thing that you have experienced in your previous job? How did your handle when you had many things to do at work?   1 Answer

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lowe's in February 2015.

Interview

I got a call to come into an interview the same day I applied. Spring is hiring season at home improvement stores. But unfortunately that means most of the positions are seasonal. I interviewed with HR, and they were very nice. There were about 5 questions that were asked about past experiences. You don't need to know anything about home improvement/hardware to be a cashier here, all they want is people to be friendly! They offered to pay me between $9.50-$10 an hour, and said that I could work up to 40 hours a week during busy weeks. It's great pay for the amount of work, but I declined because I wanted something long term and steady.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time on the job when you did something un-safe.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Rocklin, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied Online. Got a phone Call 2 days later to set up interview for next day. Got a call 4 weeks later...offered me the job and asked to come up for a drug test/background check. The reason it took so long is said is b/c she interviewed all the seasonal applicants. Well I only had one interview and it was with the store manager. I came in sat down and she had about 5 pieces of paper each with one question on it. She asked me the 5 questions and wrote down my answer on each paper. The interview lasted no more than 15 minutes and all the questions were based on past experience as many others have said about Lowes. Basic structure of the interviews questions were "Name a time when..." followed by "What did you do/How did you handle it"

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to do a duty on the job that was potentially dangerous.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to lead your co-workers.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to take on a major project by yourself.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you caught or saw a co-working doing something unethical, like stealing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lowe's (Vernon Hills, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

As I'm currently out of state for school, they did a phone interview. They called me about 2 hours after I submitted my application, I called them back and we set a day and time for the phone interview (today), and she (HR) proceeded to read from a sheet of situational questions, most requiring me to look back on past work experiences. After about 5 questions, the front manager (or something) came and asked another probably 6 questions. They told me they'd get back about the job by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• None were necessarily unexpected or difficult. I think the most surprising thing was that they didn't ask me what my strengths and weaknesses are.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, it was an hourly position with a high pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Received a call about a week after I completed the online application. Interviewed with HR manager. Signed a paper that said I understood the job description. She read off a sheet of paper and wrote down my answers. Mostly "describe a time when" questions. After that an assistant manager asked similar questions. Was called exactly a week later by HR manager with a job offer. I accepted and she sent the background check. Took 2 days to hear back. Went in for drug test (swab test on-site) the next day and given my start date.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you promised somebody something that you couldn't complete   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was offered more than I was expecting