Lowe's Seasonal Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stony Brook, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stony Brook, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's in March 2015.

Very straight forward. They just asked 8 questions about previous work experience. They are just looking to make sure you are literate and moderately smart. Sometimes if you do not have an answer to a question it is better to just talk about an experience you have had that is similar. If they ask you a question that is unrelated to your work experience just try to come up with something.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to make a hard decision at work?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

The whole process took less than a week. I applied online and I got a call back from HR manager 2 days later. I was scheduled for interview with HR manager 2 days later. He asked 9 behavioral questions and offered me the job right after. I also went through oral drug test the same day and started orientation three days later.

Interview Questions
    • What was most difficult thing that you have experienced in your previous job?
      How did your handle when you had many things to do at work?

View Answer

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's in February 2015.

I got a call to come into an interview the same day I applied. Spring is hiring season at home improvement stores. But unfortunately that means most of the positions are seasonal. I interviewed with HR, and they were very nice. There were about 5 questions that were asked about past experiences. You don't need to know anything about home improvement/hardware to be a cashier here, all they want is people to be friendly! They offered to pay me between $9.50-$10 an hour, and said that I could work up to 40 hours a week during busy weeks. It's great pay for the amount of work, but I declined because I wanted something long term and steady.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time on the job when you did something un-safe.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in February 2015.

Applied Online. Got a phone Call 2 days later to set up interview for next day. Got a call 4 weeks later...offered me the job and asked to come up for a drug test/background check. The reason it took so long is said is b/c she interviewed all the seasonal applicants.

Well I only had one interview and it was with the store manager. I came in sat down and she had about 5 pieces of paper each with one question on it. She asked me the 5 questions and wrote down my answer on each paper. The interview lasted no more than 15 minutes and all the questions were based on past experience as many others have said about Lowes.
    Basic structure of the interviews questions were "Name a time when..." followed by "What did you do/How did you handle it"

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to do a duty on the job that was potentially dangerous.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to lead your co-workers.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to take on a major project by yourself.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you caught or saw a co-working doing something unethical, like stealing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lowe's in May 2014.

As I'm currently out of state for school, they did a phone interview. They called me about 2 hours after I submitted my application, I called them back and we set a day and time for the phone interview (today), and she (HR) proceeded to read from a sheet of situational questions, most requiring me to look back on past work experiences. After about 5 questions, the front manager (or something) came and asked another probably 6 questions. They told me they'd get back about the job by the end of the week.

Interview Questions
    • None were necessarily unexpected or difficult. I think the most surprising thing was that they didn't ask me what my strengths and weaknesses are.   Answer Question
    None, it was an hourly position with a high pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in May 2014.

Received a call about a week after I completed the online application. Interviewed with HR manager. Signed a paper that said I understood the job description. She read off a sheet of paper and wrote down my answers. Mostly "describe a time when" questions. After that an assistant manager asked similar questions. Was called exactly a week later by HR manager with a job offer. I accepted and she sent the background check. Took 2 days to hear back. Went in for drug test (swab test on-site) the next day and given my start date.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you promised somebody something that you couldn't complete   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Was offered more than I was expecting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, IN

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

This was your typical interview that you could expect for a cashier position. I went through three separate interviews, one with the HR representative, one with the assistant manager, and a final one with the General manager. After the final interview I was offered a job on the spot. I then went over information on the job and pay and was given a mouth swab drug test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's in April 2014.

Pretty basic, fill out app, they call for interview, first with HR then with a Management Team Member, they ask a series of retail questions, like "why do you want to work for this compay"? and other no brainers, then you have orientation then training for your designated work area, pretty quick less then a week and i was on the payroll, they do drug test and background check.

Interview Questions
    • There where no difficult questions all where the run of the mill common sence questions.   Answer Question
    no neg, sesonal hourly 10.50 -11.00

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

I applied online and within a few days called the hr manager to inform her I had put in an application, and she took down my name and number. About two weeks after, she contacted me by phone for an interview at the store. I arrived at the store and interviewed with her; she asked six "tell me about a time when..." questions and wrote down my answers. she was very nice and professional, and allowed me a few moments to think of an answer if I needed to. Directly after interviewing with her I was interviewed by the department manager who asked me six more "tell me about a time when..." questions and the generic "why do you want to work here, why should we hire you questions". As soon as the interview was over the department manager told me I had a great interview and offered me the position. I then was directed to take a drug test right then and there, and as soon as the results cleared I would be starting within a few days.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake. Did you realize it and how did you handle it.   View Answer
    I probably was able to negotiate for more, but I was just glad to have the job. The department manager told me the salary and I just accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MI

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lowe's in March 2014.

I applied online and received a call from HR manager about a week later, went in for interview two days later. First I was given a description of the job to be sure I understood it, then asked series of questions by HR manager. When that was over I interviewed with the Assistant Store Manager, asked basically the same questions. Was told it would be a week or so before I would hear from them. Walked out of the office to be called back in with HR manager and was given a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were "Tell me about a time when..." nothing was too difficult.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, I felt the wage offered was fair for the position.