Lowe's

Average Difficulty
43 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Wake Forest, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2013.

Interview Details – It went well - if you get a call, show up ahead of schedule. Make eye contact, smile, and be prepared to answer questions. Since you will be dealing with customers, they are looking for someone who is able to interact well with other associates as well as providing great customer service.

Interview Question – You will get several questions that start with, "Tell me about a time ...." It might be, you dealt with a difficult customer or you worked on a project with someone else or when another employee wasn't doing his or her job and how you dealt with the situation.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was an entry level position so no negotiations.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2014.

Interview Details – Received a call about a week after I completed the online application. Interviewed with HR manager. Signed a paper that said I understood the job description. She read off a sheet of paper and wrote down my answers. Mostly "describe a time when" questions. After that an assistant manager asked similar questions. Was called exactly a week later by HR manager with a job offer. I accepted and she sent the background check. Took 2 days to hear back. Went in for drug test (swab test on-site) the next day and given my start date.

Interview Question – Describe a time you promised somebody something that you couldn't complete   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Was offered more than I was expecting

Mason, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2014.

Interview Details – Pretty basic, fill out app, they call for interview, first with HR then with a Management Team Member, they ask a series of retail questions, like "why do you want to work for this compay"? and other no brainers, then you have orientation then training for your designated work area, pretty quick less then a week and i was on the payroll, they do drug test and background check.

Interview Question – There where no difficult questions all where the run of the mill common sence questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no neg, sesonal hourly 10.50 -11.00

Vernon Hills, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2014.

Interview Details – As I'm currently out of state for school, they did a phone interview. They called me about 2 hours after I submitted my application, I called them back and we set a day and time for the phone interview (today), and she (HR) proceeded to read from a sheet of situational questions, most requiring me to look back on past work experiences. After about 5 questions, the front manager (or something) came and asked another probably 6 questions. They told me they'd get back about the job by the end of the week.

Interview Question – None were necessarily unexpected or difficult. I think the most surprising thing was that they didn't ask me what my strengths and weaknesses are.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, it was an hourly position with a high pay.

Anderson, IN

I applied online and interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – This was your typical interview that you could expect for a cashier position. I went through three separate interviews, one with the HR representative, one with the assistant manager, and a final one with the General manager. After the final interview I was offered a job on the spot. I then went over information on the job and pay and was given a mouth swab drug test.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult   Answer Question

Cashier, Seasonal Interview

Cashier, Seasonal

I applied online - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2014.

Interview Details – applied on line , got a call, 1st interview

Interview Question – explain a former employer you didnt like   Answer Question

Jackson, MI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call from HR manager about a week later, went in for interview two days later. First I was given a description of the job to be sure I understood it, then asked series of questions by HR manager. When that was over I interviewed with the Assistant Store Manager, asked basically the same questions. Was told it would be a week or so before I would hear from them. Walked out of the office to be called back in with HR manager and was given a job offer.

Interview Question – All of the questions were "Tell me about a time when..." nothing was too difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, I felt the wage offered was fair for the position.

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details – I applied online and within a few days called the hr manager to inform her I had put in an application, and she took down my name and number. About two weeks after, she contacted me by phone for an interview at the store. I arrived at the store and interviewed with her; she asked six "tell me about a time when..." questions and wrote down my answers. she was very nice and professional, and allowed me a few moments to think of an answer if I needed to. Directly after interviewing with her I was interviewed by the department manager who asked me six more "tell me about a time when..." questions and the generic "why do you want to work here, why should we hire you questions". As soon as the interview was over the department manager told me I had a great interview and offered me the position. I then was directed to take a drug test right then and there, and as soon as the results cleared I would be starting within a few days.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you made a mistake. Did you realize it and how did you handle it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I probably was able to negotiate for more, but I was just glad to have the job. The department manager told me the salary and I just accepted.

Lima, OH

Interview Details – I applied online using Indeed. It was a lengthy application, it took me around an hour. I got a call the same day I submitted my application. At first I was a little off put by the managers/hiring team. I felt like a face in the crowd, which I was. I can only imagine how many people they were interviewing if they called me four hours after my app was submitted. Still, I currently had a job when I went into the interview so I could afford to notice and be offended by the way I was treated. Usually the interview is done by two people on the same day. However I was asked to come in the next day to meet with the other interviewer as he wasn't there. Overall the questions weren't difficult. Mostly just describing situations such as; "Tell me a time you were interrupted while trying to complete a task?" or "Tell me a time you went above and beyond to help a customer?". They were looking for detailed answers. In all honesty, I made most of my answers up or embellished actual incidents. I figured at the very least they would be hiring someone that can think on their feet. Also, I should note the interview was one on one. I've done both group and one on one interviews and I definitely prefer one on one. The second day I came in to meet with the other interviewer I was blown away with by how nice he was! I was almost tempted to call and say I was interested in the position anymore because of the day before. But I figured if they were willing to give me a second chance, they deserved one too. I got a call that day that they would like to offer me the job and to come in and accept the offer letter and take a drug test (cheek swab). They also asked my permission to perform a background check. I accepted a seasonal position as a cashier at $9.79 an hour. I have 5 years of customer service experience and this is the highest offer I have received.

Interview Question – 1) Tell me a time you made a mistake.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Check out what others are making in your area in the same position you are applying for.

Union City, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Lowe's in January 2014.

Interview Details – submitted application on line, got a call to go to store where you have a first interview, where the HR manager calls you in for a general interview, followed by a 2nd visit, where the store manager asks you a 2nd set of general questions, then you wait , around 2 weeks for a callback , while they check your resume info. still waiting, its been 2 days since the 2nd interview.

Interview Question – Interviewer read from a list of general questions, regarding what you would do when confronted by etc . . . .   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lowe's

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lowe's Seasonal Cashier interview questions and advice. All 43 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lowe's employees and interview candidates.