Lowe's

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pittston, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in January 2011.

Interview Details – it was quite pleasant i showed up 15 minutes early and was not kept waiting long the interview was brief and covered everything i needed to know about the position being offered to me.

Walkersville, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in November 2013.

Interview Details – They have two-three interviews. At least one of them has to be with the store Manager. They second interview includes drug "swab" test.

Interview Question – They ask you many different customer service scenarios that seem similar. "Give and example of a time when you…."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. They say "we would like to hire you at …." and then you say yes or no.

Lincolnwood, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2013.

Interview Details – Lots of email and automated phone calls to schedule interview itself. Once I got there, I waited 40 minutes past my scheduled time (In which case I watched the Customer Service dept operation that was a complete mess). Then I got into a small, very unorganized HR office and was read situational questions from a sheet by the HR manager and asst. store manager. Was told they needed to finish the interview process and it would take the rest of the week (this was on a Tuesday), however, I got an offer the next day. Turned it down though because of having to wait and the disorganized mess that was their customer service center.

Interview Question – What was a situation where you failed to deliver on something you promised a customer? What was the situation and how was it resolved?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – HR and customer service seemed to be run poorly, disorganized and simply "going through the motions"

Sedalia, MO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's in February 2011.

Interview Details – HR manager at the time was very thorough. Two interviews were done. One by HR manager and one by the Assistant Sales Manager over the area the position is in.

Interview Question – Do you remember a time when a situation did not go as planned, and how did you react to fix it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate your rate as much as possible. I didn't and now I'm being paid less than my peers for the same work.

Chattanooga, TN

I applied online - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2012.

Interview Details – Very professional and thorough. The Management staff were really trying to get the best match for the position even though it was a temporary position. There were a couple of "layers" with approximately 100 on line questions. Focus on Team orientation and Customer Service/Sales. The interview was very much like the Company structure, professional, focused, systematic. Lowe's clearly wants to produce a high level service to the public and has it's processes lined up to do just that.

Interview Question – Regarding the face to face interviews, they were all quite predictable and the same regardless the interviewer...clearly stick to the script! Mainly "describe a time when you had a difficult customer; how did you handle the situation? What did you learn?" Mainly looking for how the interviewee handled the response so a numerical rating could be assigned. Interviewers compared results, made a selection/ offer. The answers are of course subjective and the hiring is from the community. Beyond the numerical ratings, unsure if any other factors were considered. Would of course always look in the mirror and evaluate physical presentation before coming to an interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This is a Seasonal entry level position...expected the pay to be relatively low and it was. If a permanent position were available and you were able to acquire it, then salary and benefits would follow...really nothing to negotiate at the time.

Wichita, KS

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2012.

Interview Details – Lowe's has to interview three people for a position before they make a decision. If people cancel or don't show up for interviews, then you have to keep waiting and waiting and waiting. The interview is two part. The HR manager asks you about situations, then a store assistant manager asks you situation questions

Interview Question – Questions are not difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, you have to take what they think you are worth

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!