Lowe's

Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.9

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's in October 2014.

very basic question, focus on service and customers. They look for all the consideration on customer perspective. They are looking for you to discuss service pieces and past customer interactions. You can base off of current or previous employer. There are first interview with Hr manager then and ASM, and then most of the time an offer by store manager.

Interview Questions
  • not really any to speak of, last time you dealt with a difficult boss or coworker.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Store Manager Interview

promoted from within- so I was not an external hire. Lowes will have you interview with the district manager for this position. They don't negotiate salary and the range is all over the board, from 70K to over 100K. Bonuses are great in this company if you get one.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time when you led an individual or a group towards achieving a goal   Answer Question
    no negotiating salary

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview process can take several weeks, depending on when you apply. Once you begin the interview it is pretty straight forward. You will have a couple of test to take, that include situations.

Interview Questions
    • There were some questions that were asked that were more familiar to someone with previous Lowes experience.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview process was pretty standard. I do not remember much about the process

Interview Questions
    • What are some of the weaknesses that you have and what have you done to overcome   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Asheville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Asheville, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Basic questions that any middle schooler could answer...literally.

Interview Questions
    Straight forward. They ask to probe for range.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southaven, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southaven, MS

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's in November 2009.

Meet with personel to discuss my capabilities and experience in the home improvement industry. Interview was very detailed and executives were very interested in giving me an opportunity to show them what my skills and experience in the construction industry could do to help them in the retail business. Interview was very informative

Interview Questions
    • Do you plan to relocate near store location   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in March 2009.

Interview to enter SMTP - store manager training program. Behavioral based testing and face to face situational/ role playing interview with panel observing.

Interview Questions
    • Role playing/ interviewer as a subordinate manager: "I cannot do my job."
      Me: " If you feel that way then you need to make a decision if you want to step down to another opportunity." I then proceeded to ask more detailed questions as to why, what, who...
      Feedback given later: "You were too forward and needed to be more empathetic"

Answer Question
    This is your salary. It is non-negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lowe's in February 2009.

Applied on line took about a month to get a interview over phone. Interviewed after that with DM. Then had to interview with the stroe HR and store manager, and in that point had to take a assessment. Passed the assessment. I was set up to store manager assessment at the regional office. This was a whole day assessment. It took three weeks to hear from the HR manager to make me a offer. This process took forever and not worth it

Interview Questions
    • How would your management style make a diffirent in one of your stores   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you use your math skills to make a diffirent with a work project and or process   Answer Question
    Offer was fair

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in October 2009.

Initial communication was through a regional HR manager. Interview was conducted by the District Manager and the local HR person. It consisted of 15 or so questions regarding possible responses in differnet scenarios. They were looking for skills and abilities in specific situations i.e. Tell me about a time when you were faced with a difficult and challenging situation, what do you do to overcome, resolve etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had to make a critcal decision with little or no information   Answer Question