Lowe's Unload Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.5

Unload Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's in June 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job and within a hour of applying the HR manager called me to set up an interview the next day. Unlike most people on here, I was only interviewed once and it was a one on one. Also, none of the questions that are listed were asked; they had a new hiring packet of questions, about 7 questions total.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember a specific question, but they mostly had to do with prior work experience. A good question for you to ask though is, Why is your Lowe's better than the other stores? They enjoy talking up their store.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Employee in Hartselle, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Hartselle, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

A interview, then wait for a call back, then i came back and answered some average questions. A drug test and background test. The only part that was a pain was the call back at odd times in the morning or at night. The training also took too long in my opinon

Unloader Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

I was called up for an interview just a few days after filling out an application online. The interviewer was the HR person I spoke to on the phone, who didn't sound all-that friendly. He wasn't too bad in person, although he was a bit intimidating. He snapped at me (probably jokingly) for sitting in an assistant's chair. She never even showed up during my interview, even though the interviewer called out to her a couple of times to try to get her to come in. My first impressions were pretty bad seeing as my interviewer did not seem to be taking my interview very seriously. But once things settled down it turned into what I imagine is a pretty typical interview. I was asked about my previous experience, why I want to work for this position, and then asked a series of "Tell me a time when you ______" questions. For this position, they actually seemed fairly relevant as they had to do with safety and following processes to name a few. It went by fairly quickly, though he had me read through a few sheets of paper regarding the position and then signing it. At its conclusion, I was told a decision would be made the following week and that there were a few more candidates to interview. I thanked him and went on my way. Unfortunately, I received an automated e-mail telling me I didn't get the position before the following week even began, so perhaps just two or three days after the interview. On the bright side, the process was quick. But on the flip side, the interviewer seemed unprofessional and I was left feeling I was hardly even a consideration for the position in the first place.

Interview Questions

• They were all "Name a time when you _______" questions. I forget what most of them were at this point.   Answer Question

Unloader Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Is City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Long Is City, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

They just asked me around 7 situation questions and that's it then they told me that they will call you for the second interview they will ask you to answer the questions as if they were the customer and will make it difficult for you.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer who is drunk and is yelling in the store and is making customers leave the store?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and took the assessment, Got a call a week later By Hr Manager for Interview. Aced interview situation type ?'s. Easy because I was just recently let go from Orange Box. Next day second interview with Asst. Manager same type but we talked a lot about the industry but stayed on topic. He let me know a Dept. Manager Position was newly available and that I should be getting a call back from Hr. Manager in a few days. Still had other interviews to finish. Still waiting after a week now......

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had promised a customer something but didn't have it. What was it about and how did you resolve it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillside, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Hillside, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a quick phone interview asking me about my past work experience and how I dealt with customers before. The interviewer was very candid and calm, I recommend asking a few questions of your own about the position to show interest. Overall it felt like a conversation about the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with an unhappy customer...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Lansing, MI).

Interview

Applied and took assessment online on a Thursday night. Received a call the next day to schedule an interview. Interviewed on Monday with the HR Manager. Received a call the next day (Tuesday)to schedule an interview with the Store Manager. Interviewed with the Store Manger on Wednesday. Next day I was called to come in for a drug test. Offered the job the next day. It took 5 or 6 business days for the whole process. I walked away from the interview process with the feeling that this store really does care about it's employees.

Interview Questions

• No answer is difficult to me. I just sometimes need a moment to recall situations pertaining to the question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me a fair wage.

Unload Associate Interview

Interview

Got a call about a week after putting in a few applications at the store. Came in, and they said they wanted to interview me for both departments. Went in a room with the HR and Assistant manager. Asked about a time when....: Worked with a team. How do you go about it. Why Lowe's/This Department. Time you worked alone or with little supervision. Had to sell something. Had a difficult customer. Couldn't give a customer something you promised. Time I was interrupted, and how I dealt with it. What attributes are needed for Lowe's/this department. Was told there would be a final interview within a few days, that they were still doing interviews. Got a call two days later and wanted to do the final interview, it was the store manager. Asked a combination of the same questions above. Told me to wait about a week to see if they wanted to do a drug test/background check. Called me a few days later asking for me to come in for the drug test, had to sign a piece of paper and stick something in my mouth for about 10 minutes for the drug test, and was told it would be about a week for the drug test/background check to get back to them, where they will call me if they were okay with what they saw and give me my position. I will not be accepting it, as I did the process above with 3-4 Lowe's stores during the same week and basically get to pick which store I want to work for, which is not this position/store. But basically the above is the standard procedure for Lowe's. Sometimes there will be only 1 person interviewing, sometimes they want to do 3 interviews, and sometimes they will only give you 1. They will let you know, and just be sure to ask at the end when they ask if you have any questions. ALWAYS ask some kind of question, even if it's as simple as "what does a typical day for this position look like" and/or "What can you tell me about the team I'd be working with?"

Interview Questions

• Name a time you couldn't give a customer what you promised.   1 Answer

Did the process above with multiple stores, and picked the full time position at the distribution center.

Unload Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a week later to set up an interview. First, I met with the manager and he gave me the first interview. Then, another employee came in to give me a second interview. Overall, I felt the process went smoothly and quickly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us? What would you do if...? (work related) Explain a time when... (work related)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (McKinney, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Had two back to back interviews with managers in store, at the end of the second interview, was given a drug test and started background check. Within a week was offered a job.

Negotiation

No negotiation