Lowe's Unload Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.3

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Unload Associate Interview

Got a call about a week after putting in a few applications at the store. Came in, and they said they wanted to interview me for both departments. Went in a room with the HR and Assistant manager. Asked about a time when....:

Worked with a team. How do you go about it.
Why Lowe's/This Department.
Time you worked alone or with little supervision.
Had to sell something.
Had a difficult customer.
Couldn't give a customer something you promised.
Time I was interrupted, and how I dealt with it.
What attributes are needed for Lowe's/this department.

Was told there would be a final interview within a few days, that they were still doing interviews.
Got a call two days later and wanted to do the final interview, it was the store manager. Asked a combination of the same questions above. Told me to wait about a week to see if they wanted to do a drug test/background check. Called me a few days later asking for me to come in for the drug test, had to sign a piece of paper and stick something in my mouth for about 10 minutes for the drug test, and was told it would be about a week for the drug test/background check to get back to them, where they will call me if they were okay with what they saw and give me my position.

I will not be accepting it, as I did the process above with 3-4 Lowe's stores during the same week and basically get to pick which store I want to work for, which is not this position/store. But basically the above is the standard procedure for Lowe's. Sometimes there will be only 1 person interviewing, sometimes they want to do 3 interviews, and sometimes they will only give you 1. They will let you know, and just be sure to ask at the end when they ask if you have any questions. ALWAYS ask some kind of question, even if it's as simple as "what does a typical day for this position look like" and/or "What can you tell me about the team I'd be working with?"

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you couldn't give a customer what you promised.   View Answer

Did the process above with multiple stores, and picked the full time position at the distribution center.

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Unload Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Lowe's in August 2010.

Mostly dealing thru the computer Q&A. They ask why I want to work for lowe's? Is there anything that I want to buy at Lowe's. It nothing that hard to tell them what they want to hear.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodhaven, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodhaven, MI

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's in February 2014.

3 interviews total.

Interview Questions
    Hours, days I could or couldn't work. Pay rate.

Unloader Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2014.

Applied online, went in person to see store manager, got a phone call from HR person. Went in next day for interview with HR person and ASM. Got rejection email about 2 days later.

Rather an unfair method to screen potential candidates. Company should use experience to screen out unqualified applicants rather than responses to interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a confrontation with an associate, what was it and how was the outcome?

What have you done to go out of your way to provide optimal customer service?
        Answer Question

Unloader Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rockledge, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockledge, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in November 2012.

I applied online and got a call two weeks later to set up an interview for the next day. I went to the store and had an interview with the HR, and shortly after had an interview with one of the Assistant Store Manager's.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to complete a task, and you were interrupted while completing the task?   Answer Question
    They showed me a paper with a starting pay, and said this is what I would get if I chose to accept it. I took it and then signed the paper.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in January 2012.

So i went on lowes website to fill out the application, that was on a Thursday. I called the store on Monday and asked for the HR Manager. I spoke with him and gave him my name and i expressed how much i wanted to work, he said he'll give ma call back so he could pull my application. he called back Tuesday and scheduled me for an interview Friday. I went in and had an interview with the HR manager then a second interview with the assistant manager. Everything went well gave me my drug test the same day. he called me the following Monday to come and speak with the store manager, he verified my employment history and offered me the job. Then I started orientation Saturday

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to work with little supervision. What did you have to do?   Answer Question
    • What is your of idea of excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    No they offered me 10.65 and i was fine with that

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Durant, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durant, OK

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's in February 2011.

Arrived 15-minutes early; greeted by Store Manager; interviewed twice, once by Assistant Manager then the Supervisor; afterwards, given a drug test (mouth swab) and signed the Background check release form. Store Manager said after everything checks out, we'll call you in about a week to come back in for Orientation.

Interview Questions
    • None, I thought they were all easy to translate from Military to Civilian.   Answer Question
    N/A

Unload Associate Interview

Lengthy and time consuming but very easy and redundant questions. Really helps to know someone in the company.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of situational questions, equally hard to answer.   View Answer

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!