Lowe's

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Woodhaven, MI

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's in February 2014.

Interview Details – 3 interviews total.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Lowe's?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hours, days I could or couldn't work. Pay rate.

Very Difficult Interview

Unloader Associate Interview

Unloader Associate
Fort Myers, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, went in person to see store manager, got a phone call from HR person. Went in next day for interview with HR person and ASM. Got rejection email about 2 days later.

Rather an unfair method to screen potential candidates. Company should use experience to screen out unqualified applicants rather than responses to interview questions.

Interview Question – If you had a confrontation with an associate, what was it and how was the outcome?

What have you done to go out of your way to provide optimal customer service?
  Answer Question

Unloader Associate Interview

Unloader Associate
Rockledge, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call two weeks later to set up an interview for the next day. I went to the store and had an interview with the HR, and shortly after had an interview with one of the Assistant Store Manager's.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to complete a task, and you were interrupted while completing the task?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They showed me a paper with a starting pay, and said this is what I would get if I chose to accept it. I took it and then signed the paper.

Memphis, TN

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in January 2012.

Interview Details – So i went on lowes website to fill out the application, that was on a Thursday. I called the store on Monday and asked for the HR Manager. I spoke with him and gave him my name and i expressed how much i wanted to work, he said he'll give ma call back so he could pull my application. he called back Tuesday and scheduled me for an interview Friday. I went in and had an interview with the HR manager then a second interview with the assistant manager. Everything went well gave me my drug test the same day. he called me the following Monday to come and speak with the store manager, he verified my employment history and offered me the job. Then I started orientation Saturday

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to work with little supervision. What did you have to do?   Answer Question
  • What is your of idea of excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No they offered me 10.65 and i was fine with that

Very Easy Interview

Durant, OK

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's in February 2011.

Interview Details – Arrived 15-minutes early; greeted by Store Manager; interviewed twice, once by Assistant Manager then the Supervisor; afterwards, given a drug test (mouth swab) and signed the Background check release form. Store Manager said after everything checks out, we'll call you in about a week to come back in for Orientation.

Interview Question – None, I thought they were all easy to translate from Military to Civilian.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Interviewed at Lowe's

Interview Details – Lengthy and time consuming but very easy and redundant questions. Really helps to know someone in the company.

Interview Question – A lot of situational questions, equally hard to answer.   View Answer

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!