Lowe's

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
Wilkesboro, NC

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lowe's in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was already a contractor for a new product release and was asked if I was interested in permanent employment. Several of us were "rushed" through interview process because a new class was starting within a few weeks. Company already had information on customer service skills, phone manners, etc., but still had to go through several tests - typing while listening, typing accuracy, etc.

Interview Question – None during initial interview for initial customer service interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

CC Agent Repair Services Interview

CC Agent Repair Services
Wilkesboro, NC

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's in September 2013.

Interview Details – I placed an application online. It was basically the typical "submit your resume" type. Nothing spectacular. I received an email the next day with a pre-scheduled appointment to take a typing test at the local employment office (ESC). The assessment is so gimmicky....reminded me of a third grade EOG test. Basic math problems, listen to a phone call; answer questions, and a little typing test, that measures your WPM. They say they require 20 WPM, which anyone could do if they are above ground, and breathing. When I passed the assessment they scheduled an interview right there, for the Friday of the same week. The interview is pretty typical, It begins with a tour of the facility, and where you will be working, should you be hired. You are then taken to a conference room, where a hiring manager asks you a series of questions from a photocopied interview list. They are mostly integrity questions like: "What was the nicest thing you have ever done for someone." After the interview is over, they thank you, and then you leave. I did not know that they checked your credit....mine is not the best, so even though I did great in the interview, I was not offered a position. If you do not get the position, they send you a generic rejection via email....no when, why, or where. The only way I found out the reason was when I checked my credit, and saw that they had made a "hard" inquiry...they do not mention this at the interview.....be wary.

Interview Question – None really, all pretty typical. The most unexpected thing is when you look at your credit report, and see that they have been meddling in your affairs, without your consent.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Wilkesboro, NC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2009.

Interview Details – Behavior based questions... tell me a time when...

Interview Question – Varies depending on the department - some groups ask easy questions and will hire right away, other groups make you go through 2-3 rounds of interviews, while you have no idea where you stand.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They can only go up to a certain amount due to job pay ranges, so recruiters are limited when negotiating.

Performance Senior Specialist Interview

Performance Senior Specialist
Wilkesboro, NC

I interviewed at Lowe's in November 2011.

Interview Details – I had a 30 min phone interview and was then asked to come in for a face to face. It lasted for about an hour and was purely behavioral. Overall a fairly easy interview. Was given an offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – How do you deal with conflict   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing

Administrative Specialist II Interview

Administrative Specialist II
Wilkesboro, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2011.

Interview Details – Initially I was interviewed by telephone by the Director of the department I would be supporting. He indicated that he wanted to bring in four candidates to the home office for further interviews with other members of the department, and asked if I was interested. The interview was scheduled and I met with another Administrative Specialist in the department, the VP of the department, and two Directors of the department, including the gentleman I spoke with on the phone. The only person who had a copy of my resume was the Administrative Specialist. The others seemed a bit distracted, and asked questions about my previous jobs, and how I would handle a person who is difficult. Everyone was very friendly and I felt very positive about the prospect of working there. My skills and experiences were an excellent match for what they were looking for. My salary request was higher than they were willing to pay; the most I would be offered was $30,000 a year, which I agreed would be acceptable. (I have been unemployed for over a year.) I was told there would be a decision made by the first of the following week; I did not hear from them by the end of the following week, so I contacted them and inquired as to the status of the position. I received a "thanks but no thanks" email shortly thereafter. There seemed to be a disconnect between the department that interviewed me and the HR department. Apparently there have been some very recent significant changes in upper executive and management roles, perhaps that would explain the confusion.

Interview Questions

• How would you organize my email?   View Answer
  • How would you deal with a person who is no cooperative or who is difficult? For example, if you asked someone for something and they have not yet responded to you and you need that item.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

EDI Coordinator Interview

EDI Coordinator
Wilkesboro, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in July 2010.

Interview Details – I had two interviews one with with the supervisor and one with the director. Both interviews were engaging and very informative. I found both gentleman approachable and would have like to get the position. It came down to had more experience in the end and someone else got the position but I did get a call from the supervisor informing of the decision and that he would keep me in mind for future positions.

Interview Question – What do you do when you get angry.   View Answer

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!