Lowe's

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Whiteville, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2009.

Interview Details – One on one inteview situational based question

Interview Question – why did you apply to this job   Answer Question

Lowell, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for a position as a Zone Manager on the Lowe's careers website. Within 24 hours I had received a call from a rep at the store asking me to come in for an interview. I went in two days later and interviewed with the store manager. Asked me some general questions from an interview guide and then some basic leadership questions. Overall went very well, now waiting for a call from a regional HR rep.

Interview Question – What does "insert the name of interviewee" stand for?   Answer Question

Zone Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in January 2007.

Interview Details – I applied for a new store that was opening. 3 part interview. Part 1 reviewed application and asked general questions. Part 2 was with the Asst Store Manager and was more situational questions and the last part was with the store manager who asked a few general questions and then made a formal offer. As soon as offer accepted had 24 hours to report for drug test

Interview Question – How would you deal with a difficult customer???   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2009.

Interview Details – so far just one interview going for the sec next week. Just asked me very simple questions.

Interview Questions

Zone Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Lowe's in October 2008.

Interview Details – I know someone at this company and asked if they were hiring for store management as I have fifteen plus years in big box retail store management. This person contacted the HR department to see if they were hiring and found out they were so I applied and went through the initial screening process and phone interview. The interview process was not difficult at all.

Reason for Declining – Could not get the salary negotiated to a level I felt was acceptable for the hours I would be working, since this would have immediately led to a sales or operations manager position and the next increase would not have put me where I felt I needed to be for salary.

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!