Lowenstein Sandler

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lowenstein Sandler

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Lowenstein Sandler.

The telephone interview lasted about 45 minutes and I did not feel rushed. The interviewer from the Boston office was very patient and helpful. She asked if I was familiar with the firm and seemed genuinely proud to work there. I was glad I did my research because we spoke about the probono work for a bit.

Interview Questions
    • Provide me with an example of a difficult employee situation and your solution to the conflict.   Answer Question

Associate/Counsel Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Lowenstein Sandler.

Met with practice group leader initially; followed by second round interviews with other partners and associates. However, I was directly recruited by a practice group leader so other experiences may differ.

Interview Questions
    Unsuccessfully attempted to negotiate for higher salary and in hindsight regret accepting the offer given the workload and hours expectations that followed.

Support Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowenstein Sandler in January 2011.

The application process was messy. Not sure who was handling the paperwork because the interview date was never confirmed until the last minute.

The personnel staff seem nice and friendly - they have to be, I'm sure.

However, that's when it goes downhill.

For a law firm that caters to big money clients, hedge funds and such, they seem to act cheap with potential employees. In an interview that took too long (they went through the motions, probably to cover anti-discrimination regulations), I was never offered a beverage or even a glass of tap water. This lack of courtesy was the start.

The interview started 20-30 minutes late, the questions were repeated over and over again (without the sound that it was an interviewer tactic) and the topic of salary wasn't even touched. The demeanor of interviewer(s) indicated that they found the candidate already, so this was a waste of time for me.

At least have the courtesy to cancel the interview or make a simple phone call to ask a few questions before wasting someone's day.

After reading more on Glassdoor, I am glad I did not receive a job offer.