Lower Keys Medical Center Interview Questions

Candidate Interview Review

X-ray/CAT Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Key West, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Key West, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Lower Keys Medical Center.

I had no interest in working and living in Key West, so my son applied on line for me. Ha Two weeks(August 2006) later I received a call from the Radiology manager. We chatted over the phone for 15-20 minutes and offered to fly me down and put me in a hotel for two days. He even included a car rental! I told him that that it's a major move and it's way out in the middle of the ocean and that I would have to give it some thought and that I would get back to him. He was fine about it and gave me a few weeks.After much prayers and discussing it with friends and family, I decided to fly down and go for the interview. (I called him Mid September) My 23 year old son came with me. I went down the end of October. Driving to the hospital I noticed how it was surrounded by mangrove trees and how tiny the hospital was and that it was painted a turquoise color with huge palm trees. Kind of a 50's look. Walking in the lobby was very small and the ceiling were low. I saw the fish tank and a neon sign "Tropical cafe" over the cafeteria door. The halls were short and low ceilings and coming from a huge trauma center , it was quite a shock! I sat in the waiting room and looked at the patients and furnishings.The chairs were old and vinyl and the patients were unkempt, wrinkled and tanned! I met the manager and walked into his office. He was so easy going and laid back. His desk was so neat and orderly that I made a comment about it. He explained the job and shift and pay to me. Then he just sat back! He didn't ask me about my skills or any typical interviewing questions. It was very strange for me to do all the talking. I think he was hiding information because I might run out the door! He then showed me around the department explaining this and that will soon be up dated. I noticed the old 50's style counter tops, again another version of Turquoise. I felt I was in a time capsule. After the interview(?) I said, if I was what he was looking for and he said yes and to enjoy my time left and to go downtown and call him when I get back home after I'VE made MY decision!! About 10 days after returning, I made up my mind to accept the job.I moved down end of November and my first day was December 6th 2006.

Interview Questions
    He offered to set me up in a condo for 3 months at no charge until I found my own place.