Lowes Foods Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowes Foods (Raleigh, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

They were having open interviews, so I decided to give it a try even though I had already submitted an application and heard nothing. The guy asked basic questions pertaining to my resume and application. After answering one of the questions, he started to argue with my response. It was very unprofessional. He was also unwilling to work around my other work schedule for some reason. When I came back to tell him I am declining any offers, he just walked away without saying anything. That is how I knew I made the right decision to decline the offer.

Sausage Works Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowes Foods (Wilmington, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, standard process, was contacted the next day and told to show up for an in person interview, was hired on the spot. The issue with this was that they were in need of a body quick and I fit the criteria

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lowes Foods (Winston-Salem, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

They scheduled my interview 3 weeks in advance, they flew me 2,000 miles to NC and it was only scheduled for One hour. They started interview 20 minutes late. So, my interview was cut to 40 minutes for Brand Manager position requiring relocation. 2 people interviewed me for about 30 minutes and then my time was basically up. I got to ask only a few questions before I was escorted out. They flew me across country, interviewed me next morning, was alone all day driving around since they only planned for me to be in their office for one hour. They said they would call me week after interview (never did) and after I sent my thank you note, they emailed me to say it would be several weeks before they would get back to me. I followed up with a call after 2 weeks and a couple emails but they did not respond. It was over 2 months later when I called HR (left a voicemail) to follow-up one last time and then they finally emailed me to tell me that I didn't get the job. This was the rudest and most unprofessional interview/company that I have ever experienced. The communication was non-existent. I felt like my being there was an imposition on them. They never asked me to submit my receipts, never invited me to lunch or offered to show me the office or the city.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowes Foods.

Interview

filled out app online got called in for an interview 6 days later.the first interview i met with the co-manager and i got called back for a second job interview in 3 days an then i met with the manager & co-manager to discuss the job.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for the company? what are your plans for the future ? how long do you plan to work for the company? what is one skill you have trouble with?   Answer Question

HBC Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowes Foods (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

When I went to the store to hand them my resume they happen to be hiring at that store for a new store about to open and with my experience I interviewed for that store. I filled out an application online then interviewed immediately after that. This is not the normal way this gets done. However, you do summit an application online and then may or may not get called in for an interview. I only interviewed with one person, but I do think on occasion you may interview with the co-manager and then the manager depending on the situation. Also, they normally only hire part-time workers. I got full-time when I started because it was a new store opening and I had the experience.

Negotiation

They offered me $10 and I asked for $11 which I got based on my experience. I always tell people to ask for more if they think they deserve it. All they can say is no.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowes Foods (Jacksonville, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with the store manager and corporate. Not sure why. Apparently this is not common. I applied for a part time position. But ultimately wad hired for full time in a different department. I was fine with full time, however it wasn't until a week later they found somewhere to place me in their new store. Imy one of a kind. Ha!

Interview Questions

• My schedule. They were all over my availability. Could I be available on days I'd noted online I could not. Did I mind nights. Working alone? Mostly they wanted me to say I'd work 7 days a week. I even explained why I needed this one particular day off. But the corporate guys pushed on. It was weird.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowes Foods (Fort Mill, SC).

Interview

Simple interview process for a cashier, one interview and was hired on the spot. Hourly job that I held in high school, interview was not complicated. Professional environment in the interview, but very relaxed questions. Did not feel intimidated at all during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced an ethical challenge?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple, no negotiation. Opportunities for raises dependent on work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylortown, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowes Foods (Taylortown, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

The entrance interview was really great. The HR person was nice, thoughtful and very qualified. She seemed very genuine and sincere. All the questions seemed sincere. I appreciated her and still do.

Stoker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowes Foods (King, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

The co-manager had a informal interview with me. joked around a little bit. Didn't do alot to check my back round. Just cared I had no felonies court dates. The whole thing took 10 mins and told me to come back the next day, and to bring a black shirt and tan pants. The following day we did paper work (legal stuff), a drug test, and computer training courses. After that day I was officially an employee.

Pick and Prep Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lowes Foods (Myrtle Beach, SC) in April 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by the store manager, which was very different from most interviews. He was very friendly, forthcoming, and honest about what was expected. I was interviewed in his office, and it was one on one. I did like that he was very relaxed in his manner.