Interviews for Top Jobs at Loyalty Lab

Office Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Loyalty Lab in January 2012.

Fun and easy-going people, but awkward interview. It did not feel like anyone planned the interview and that they were just winging it. There were very few questions geared towards myself, except a few generic ones they obviously came up with on the spot. Perhaps, in the future, they could have one of their HR consultants coach them in this process. Also, no one offered me a business card, I had to ask before I left which I found rather unusual. It almost seemed like they were not really hiring and just interviewing me for the practice. Never heard back from them, I didn't expect to.

Interview Questions

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Loyalty Lab in March 2007.

This was an extensive interview process, as software/tech interviews often are. In addition to the phone screen, I did two in-person interviews and then submitted, at their request, numerous test plans I had written (with all IP and private data stripped out, of course.)

All the engineers I interviewed with were pleasant, but none had read my resume in advance. I know how disruptive interviews can be when you're busy, but this is an important decision for both parties.

Three management references later, they did come back with an offer quite quickly. However, I thought it was 10-20% below market rate. They acknowledged my value and expertise but said that was all they were budgeting for the position.

Lesson learned: Do your homework (e.g. reference glassdor.com) and don't be afraid to have a quick discussion about salary expectations up front. At least make sure you're both in the same range.

Interview Questions

I was not happy with the offer, and they were not able to negotiate much.

Worked for Loyalty Lab? Contribute to the Community!