Loyola Marymount University Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.6

Grad Assistant Interview

Interview

An email was sent to the entire class if desired to have a position and whoever responded had a phone interview with the professor. The phone interview was short and easy to answer.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Loyola Marymount University (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It started with a phone interview, then an interview with the Director and VP of University Relations. The final round was an all-day interview with various departments and team members. Very long process, but always transparent. It was a very welcoming and comfortable experience. Really great people at LMU and very passionate.

Housing Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Loyola Marymount University.

Interview

Had to do a written application as well as an interview.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Loyola Marymount University.

Interview

Very pleasant interview. I was sitting in a room of three people, but it still felt very comfortable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Loyola Marymount University.

Interview

Each department interviews differently.

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Loyola Marymount University (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Quick interview and selection process. I was led into a room and I talked to the hiring manager who determined whether or not I would be a good fit for the opportunity. They asked me a few questions to determine if I would fit with the culture of it. I waited a few days and was soon called and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for this job?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Loyola Marymount University (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Initial call with a series of question. I pretty thorough phone interwiew. Folled by a panel interview, backgroud check and very thorough check of professional references.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. Stated my minimum salary required and that was the offer. Wondered if i should have asked for more. Will research other opinions & expereinces.

Student Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Loyola Marymount University (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Many interviews throughout the day (9am-8pm) with members of student affairs across campus for 45-60 minutes each. Lunch and dinner interviews with immediate future coworkers. Assigned presentation topic for 30 minutes including Q&A.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything from the phone interview (2 months ago) that you would like to clarify or readress?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Possible. Negotiate with HR not direct supervisor, but supervisor does have input.

Manager - Client Services (IT) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Loyola Marymount University (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

Phone interview with supervisor
    One-on-one with supervisor, in detail about the job, background, skills/abilities
    Group interview with the team, looking at team/culture fit for the group, they gave feedback to supervisor
    Interview with Sr. Management/VP and Supervisor, quick red-flag check and fit check
    HR background check
    HR extended offer (they don't normally wiggle much from this from what I've seen, more take it or leave it since I've seen lots of other candidates pass)

Interview Questions

• Not difficult, but someone always asks "how have you failed and what have you learned from it?" You do need a good answer (and never say "I've never really failed") for this because many people form opinions based on the question. Sometimes they will ask if you know about the Jesuit order or the history of LMU.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Short. They don't budge much of the offers. They only offer the range in the bands.

Support Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Loyola Marymount University in January 2010.

Interview

HR is very very picky and thorough. Even if you did a stellar job as a contract and had great references, they'll go through every aspect of your life.

Phone Interview. Two rounds of group interviews. 2 rounds of senior manager interviews.

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate but they wouldn't budge. I recommend that you have several offers as leverage and if that doesn't work, take the job that will pays you more. Unless you're the chief or president of something, your raises will be very small and you will not be paid enough by industry standards.