Loyola Medicine Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

2.6

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Loyola Medicine.

Interview

I was referred by a friend. Applied and about a month later received a call from HR. I interviewed with HR and went up to the floor and interviewed with the manager. It felt like a conversation and I asked many questions. I had a quick tour of the unit and went home. About three weeks later I received an offer!

RESPIRATORY Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Loyola Medicine.

Interview

easy going, just be yourself and don't show off. they will ask about your clinical knowledge. they like flexibility because this is a busy place. need to be a strong team player.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Loyola Medicine in June 2015.

Interview

Interview basically with HR then on floor with nurse manager, idk how it went, they asked a lot of straightforward questions, the only thing that threw me off is they never showed me the floor

Interview Questions

• What is something your clinical instructor said you need to improve on?   1 Answer

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maywood, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Loyola Medicine (Maywood, IL).

Interview

Took about a week. Intereviewed with HR and then went up to the unit to interview with floor manager. Also did a peer interview with a few nurses on the floor. They were nice and asked easy questions. Called the next day with offer. Then scheduled for Employee health, drug screen the following week. Orientations held once a month on the first week of each month.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? How would you deal with a difficult family member? Why did you decide to become a PCT?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maywood, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Loyola Medicine (Maywood, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Odd and complex. Typical phone screen before interview - invited to interview and then it got rather cumbersome. Since it was a leadership role, I needed to complete a leadership "test" - and then complete online forms, one of which was to provide 3 professional references. Got through all of this and went in for the in-person interview only to be asked to provide 3 professional refereneces...again, on paper this time. Actually had to complete a paper application after already completing one online. At some point in the process I was asked to provide 3 professional references...again - 3x for one interview.

Interview Questions

• Very structured and typical - best/worst traits; what would your last boss say about you?, etc. etc.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maywood, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Loyola Medicine (Maywood, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the department only as I had previously worked there.Panel interview with the entire management team. Lasted about 1 hour. Asked how I would handle difficult situations with the people I manage and learned what challenges the department/ hospital is facing.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an employee is inappropriately hostile/mean (unfortunately very applicable as have this happen at least once a week).   Answer Question

RN Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Loyola Medicine.

Interview

It was hard to get into Loyola, I really had to track down the recruiter. I applied for my job multiple times. Once I got an interview, the interview process went smoothly. I had a really great orientation and felt very comfortable in my position afterwards. You need to take a personality test prior to starting.

Interview Questions

• Something you did wrong and how did you correct it, or something along those lines   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was an acceptable offer and I took it

Registered Nurse Interview

Interview

I had phone interview and then met with HR and then met with unit manager for another interview; was able to shadow with a staff RN for a shift extra.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you had to deal with an angry customer or patient and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Pct II Interview

Interview

2 interviews were scheduled one by Human Resources recruiter and one by the Departmental manager . Interviewers were asking questions closely related to my personality and previous experience. I had an impression that they had previously reviewed my resume because my qualifications were focal point of the discussion and of course the job requirements.

Interview Questions

• I cannot recall any unexpected questions. The interviewers provided me with brief review of the topics that we were about to discuss which gave me some time to adjust to the interview questions.   Answer Question

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Loyola Medicine (Melrose Park, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got an email explaining that it was a supplemental position, and if i was interested to email back with my phone number, and a rep from HR would call me and set up an interview. I was called over a month later for the interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all really difficult, because they interviewer definitely wanted to challenge me.   1 Answer