Loyola University Health System Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2014
Updated Aug 13, 2014

2.9

RN Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Loyola University Health System.

It was hard to get into Loyola, I really had to track down the recruiter. I applied for my job multiple times. Once I got an interview, the interview process went smoothly. I had a really great orientation and felt very comfortable in my position afterwards. You need to take a personality test prior to starting.

Interview Questions
    • Something you did wrong and how did you correct it, or something along those lines   Answer Question
    It was an acceptable offer and I took it

Registered Nurse Interview

I had phone interview and then met with HR and then met with unit manager for another interview; was able to shadow with a staff RN for a shift extra.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example when you had to deal with an angry customer or patient and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maywood, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Loyola University Health System in January 2010.

The interview process was very positive. I was called in approximately 2 weeks after submitting my on lib application an offered a position 1 week later. They offered paid training and overall th system an training was very efficient

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty standard   View Answer
    Salary was pretty fixed as this was paid by the hour

Executive Secretary Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Loyola University Health System in May 2011.

The hiring process was swift. I had one interview with the hiring manager and the hr representative. I was contacted a couple of days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle juggling two busy bosses with different personalities.   Answer Question
    Easy. I received what I asked for in terms of salary

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melrose Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Loyola University Health System in February 2014.

Applied online, got an email explaining that it was a supplemental position, and if i was interested to email back with my phone number, and a rep from HR would call me and set up an interview. I was called over a month later for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all really difficult, because they interviewer definitely wanted to challenge me.   View Answer

Pct II Interview

2 interviews were scheduled one by Human Resources recruiter and one by the Departmental manager . Interviewers were asking questions closely related to my personality and previous experience. I had an impression that they had previously reviewed my resume because my qualifications were focal point of the discussion and of course the job requirements.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot recall any unexpected questions. The interviewers provided me with brief review of the topics that we were about to discuss which gave me some time to adjust to the interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maywood, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Loyola University Health System in November 2012.

Hired during large RN hiring marathon, met with HR rep and then two managers- not specific to units I was applying for. Received follow up call 3 days later with offer, then started a month and a half after.

Interview Questions
    • None that I can recall. Perhaps, "Tell me about a time you have made a mistake related to Nursing and how did you handle it?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maywood, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Loyola University Health System in November 2012.

The Hiring process was quite short. I got a call for an interview on a Monday, interviewed on a Thursday and was hired two days before Thanksgiving. All in all took about 2 weeks. The staff were all very welcoming and inviting.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. Most of the questions were just experienced based. but if I had to pick one, the most difficult question would be "Tell me about a time you made a mistake"   Answer Question

Internal Medicine Resident Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Loyola University Health System in January 2009.

There was a total of four interviews and tour of the hospital system. One interview with the Program Director, two with members of the faculty, and one with a current resident. Straight forward questions but be prepared with recent medical cases that you attended to.. some questions may come from this. Overall, I good program with a good reputation in a great city!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a medical case/situ. in the past year that didn't go as planned.. and what did you do to rectify the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maywood, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Loyola University Health System in April 2009.

I first met with a recruiter in the HR department. We went over my resume, and he asked questions about my recent work experience and why I am looking to leave my current position. This portion of the interview lasted about 30 minutes. I then met with the manager of the telemetry floor. She asked me more situational questions, for example, "Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker. How did you handle it?" She gave me a tour of the floor. I met other nurses on the floor and had a chance to ask them questions as well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a conflict you had with a coworker, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Worked for Loyola University Health System? Contribute to the Community!