Loyola University Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2014
Updated Jun 19, 2014

2.3

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online, and was contacted within two weeks for a phone interview. I was brought in for an in-person interview three days later (a Friday) and offered the job the following Tuesday.

The interviews were mostly structured around making sure I had the technical skills to do the job (mail merges, office administration, website management) and then seeing if I fit in well with the team. They were also very upfront about benefits, and encouraged me to take advantage of the tuition benefit.

Interview Questions
    I tried to negotiate, but they were fairly clear going in to the interview process what the salary was. Even after negotiating, they only offered the original salary.

Police Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Loyola University.

Panel interview after applying onlien and watchign for the very slow HR department to respond. Once you get an interivew you are brought in for a very short interview, not once in compenstaion mentioned until they call you with a offer to accet the postion. Liittle do you know it is no where near as much as one would THINK it should be

the was none

Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Loyola University in March 2014.

I was scheduled for a phone interview with the department, followed by an in person interview and finally a meeting with HR. The whole process took about 3 weeks.

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Maywood, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maywood, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Loyola University.

Had 3 brutal interviews back to back to back. First with director, then with leading manager, and finally with HR.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Loyola University in May 2013.

I got referred by a past RA, passed 2 rounds of casual interview, and that's about it.

Administrative Assistant Interview

face to face interview

Administration Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Loyola University.

Group interviews. No difficult qn's.

Interview Questions
    • Very high (& some unrealistic) expectations.   View Answer
    No negotiations...at all (very disappointing).

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Loyola University in July 2010.

applied online for the senior financial analyst role in the downtown chicago location. within a couple weeks was contacted by the hiring manager via telephone. we had a quick conversation and he invited me for an in person interview. went to the office and it was a panel interview with him and another member of the FP&A team. very little of the 2 hours that i was there was spent asking me questions. instead he talked and talked and talked about the great quality of the university (good sign) and how upset he was to be losing the "irreplacable" person was in the role. such a frustrating experience - definitely more of a lecture than a conversation or even interview

Interview Questions
    • the unexpected never ending statements about the irreplacable person occupying the role   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Loyola University.

After submitting my application via the online tool, I had an interview with the hiring manager, the Director of the Department. After that I was called in for a half day interview where I met with the Director, the potential team, the HR director and had lunch with the Director and another Director from the Division. I also met with the VP of the department. After that I was called by the HR director with the job offer.

Interview Questions
    Phone call offer, Negotiation call, confirmation and offer letter, accepted position

Lab Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Loyola University in January 2011.

After a word-of-mouth recommendation, I sent my CV to the department chair. We then met and talked in his office, where I explained who I was, why I wanted a part-time faculty job, and what my qualifications were. As in any academic interview, there were questions about my research interests and educational history.

Interview Questions
    • There were no particularly difficult questions. He seemed interested in an overall impression of me, rather than trying to weed me out with a "gotcha" question.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. Loyola has fixed policies for hiring part-time instructors.

Worked for Loyola University? Contribute to the Community!