Luby's Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.1

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brownsville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Luby's (Brownsville, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Asked for resume. asked questions about previous employers and their pay. Asked about your availability. Then they ask you to tell them a little about yourself. After that the interview ended and they said they'll call you when they have an answer.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any job experience? If so, where, for how long, and how much did they pay you?   Answer Question

Cashier/Waitstaff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Luby's (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Called and asked if they where hiring at this location the manger said they where actively hurting and to do an application online , did application online called back and was asked to come in for interview .

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Luby's (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I went in, the manager reviewed my application, asked me a couple questions from the application and asked me if i wanted to work for them, took about 10 minutes, very easy

Counter Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockwall, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Luby's (Rockwall, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

They called me after I applied online and had me come in for an interview 3 days later. At the interview, they basically told me I was hired, they just had to figure out what position to put me in (waitress or server). Two days later, they called and told me I would be a server and t come in the next day between two and four. I went in and no one was expecting me and they didn't know what I was talking about and told me to come back the next day, same time, dressed for work. Then they didn't have anyone to conduct the hiring process so I had to wait for 30 minutes, and then they gave me the wrong shirt and forgot to give me a packet so I could fill out the legal forms so I could work. They told me to come back again the next day, same time, dressed for work. I did and they switched my shirt for the right one and had a barely-sixteen year old kid train me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Luby's.

Interview

I received a phone call and interviewed by phone. I went in person for an interview. I interviewed a second time and I received a job offer.

Counter Help Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Luby's (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Asked about experience Availability The interview was not long it was a easy hire Asked for ID info and more Some of the questions were not relevant to the job interview or the job applying for but even though it was difficult through the interview questions the job was easy to get.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Luby's (Houston, TX).

Interview

Went through a recruiter, which was a new experience. He was able to get me an interview with the head of HR Hiring Department. Interviewed this individual in person days later. A regional president also joined in the interview about halfway through. The hiring process was fine. The GM at my training location was also incredible. It was working for my GM at my assigned location that was a nightmare. I wonder how many great, solid young managers have left and exceled at other concepts because of him. I know I'm living proof as one of them!

Interview Questions

• The usual... what are your weaknesses. Just turn your weakness into a positive or room for opportunity and you will be fine.   Answer Question

Cook Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Luby's in February 2013.

Interview

A manager sits down with you and asks you about yourself, your hobbies, your work experience, your background, your education and what you want to get out of working here. After that, if the manager thinks you're a good enough fit, he'll grab another manager to conduct the second interview which consists of the same material. If you're lucky enough for the General Manager to interview you the first time, he can hire you on the spot, but associate and assistant managers need another manager's approval. After you've been told that they believe you're going to be a good fit, you discuss pay rate and how to finish out the pre-hiring process online by completing slide shows about food safety and come into work on the first day they tell you with the ID you receive after completing the slides.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to talk my way into an extra .50 an hour.

Line Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Luby's (Austin, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Basically I was hired on the spot to be a warm body on the line. No information about the job was forth coming. The management heard concerns but did nothing about them, especially when it concerned one of the management team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation stage.

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Luby's (Houston, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

Interview process was fine. The Recruiter had a little bit of an attitude.