Luby's

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Cook Interview

Cook

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Luby's in February 2013.

Interview Details – A manager sits down with you and asks you about yourself, your hobbies, your work experience, your background, your education and what you want to get out of working here. After that, if the manager thinks you're a good enough fit, he'll grab another manager to conduct the second interview which consists of the same material. If you're lucky enough for the General Manager to interview you the first time, he can hire you on the spot, but associate and assistant managers need another manager's approval. After you've been told that they believe you're going to be a good fit, you discuss pay rate and how to finish out the pre-hiring process online by completing slide shows about food safety and come into work on the first day they tell you with the ID you receive after completing the slides.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to talk my way into an extra .50 an hour.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Luby's.

Interview Details – Went through a recruiter, which was a new experience. He was able to get me an interview with the head of HR Hiring Department. Interviewed this individual in person days later. A regional president also joined in the interview about halfway through. The hiring process was fine. The GM at my training location was also incredible. It was working for my GM at my assigned location that was a nightmare. I wonder how many great, solid young managers have left and exceled at other concepts because of him. I know I'm living proof as one of them!

Interview Question – The usual... what are your weaknesses. Just turn your weakness into a positive or room for opportunity and you will be fine.   Answer Question

Business Manager Interview

Business Manager
Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Luby's in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process was fine. The Recruiter had a little bit of an attitude.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Luby's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Luby's interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Luby's employees and interview candidates.