Lucas Group Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2015

2.8

Executive Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Lucas Group in April 2015.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me, had a good phone interview and set up a 2nd interview with my would be-boss. Sent me over a personality test to do, filled it out and sent it back and re-confirmed our call for the next day.

Scheduled phone interview time rolls around....no call. E-mail her 30 minutes later and get a response the next day about it being hectic over there and figuring out their needs....says will reach by the end of the week about on the next step.

2 weeks later no response, I send a blunt "what happened with this" e-mail and get another "oh my gosh so sorry" response and a promise that they'll DEFINITELY reach out in the next few days about the direction they're heading.

A month later and no response. I don't care if I didn't get the job, that happens, but at least tell me. It was very unprofessional and gave me the impression that they'd rather blow me off and not talk to me than give me bad news.....not a good sign for a company.

Interview Questions

• Basic screening stuff. What do you do in the job you have now, why did you leave your last job...and so on   Answer Question

Executive Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lucas Group in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, HR rep reached out to me via e-mail and set up a phone screen. Basically, didn't think I had enough experience to work at Lucas Group and requested I follow up after a year once I gain experience.

Executive Search Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

interviewed at Lucas Group (Dallas, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process included several phone interviews and an on-site. During the on-site, I was able to meet several members of the recruiting team and get the full picture of what life would be like as a Lucas Group employee.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were pretty standard. Want to get a feel for your competitive edge and how well you know the industry.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lucas Group (Atlanta, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

During the hiring process I met with two individuals: both the hiring managers I would be working under. I was asked about my experience related to recruiting and coordinating. Some of the questions included, what type of CRM have I used, have I ever recruited before, how do I manage schedules, what HR practices am I familiar with, etc.

Interview Questions

• Non of the questions were all that difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate but was not given what I requested; they met me half way (which wasn't that good looking back).

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lucas Group (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2012.

Interview

Phone call from recruiter. Meeting with manager. Meeting with hiring manager.

Senior Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lucas Group (Irvine, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

FTF lasted 30 minutes, Manager asks what you're doing now, why you want to leave, how much you making, etc. Afterwards, the Manager sold the company and opportunity and then hardball a low number. Don't accept first offer, the Manager at Irvine office definitely wants to see you negotiate.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through how you interview a candidate.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lucas Group (Chicago, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

I first had a phone conversation with the Managing Director. Then I was invited in and met with him and 4-5 recruiters with the firm. I came in for a second round with a few other recruiters, then had a phone conversation with the CEO (who is not in this location). After this, was made an offer.

Interview Questions

• What made you decided to apply to Lucas Group and why do you want to be an executive recruiter?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It's fairly straightforward and your level is determined by you experience. In my case, I had prior recruiting experience and was very satisfied with the level at which I joined.

Application

Interview

I felt that the interview process was thorough and professional. I met with a lot of people over 2 days and got to be sure that the company was a "fit" for me. Everyone was clearly a strong recruiter and I absolutely got the sense that I would be able to work independantly. I feel like I am part of an extremely talented team.

Interview Questions

• The questions were almost all behavioral in nature.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Recruiting is a 100% commission business and Lucas' compensation plans are based on prior experience. There is not much negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lucas Group (Chicago, IL) in July 2009.

Interview

The interview process was standard. I interviewed with two managers and several recuriters. The meetings lasted about 30 minutes each.

Candidate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lucas Group (Atlanta, GA) in January 2009.

Interview

Lucas group as a headhunter proved to be of limited usefulness to me since they did not have anything in my field. They typically schedule you 6-8 interviews in a daylong session in a hotel. At the time I was willing to relocate but had no offers.