Lucas Group Interview Questions

2.8

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lucas Group in April 2012.

During the hiring process I met with two individuals: both the hiring managers I would be working under. I was asked about my experience related to recruiting and coordinating. Some of the questions included, what type of CRM have I used, have I ever recruited before, how do I manage schedules, what HR practices am I familiar with, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Non of the questions were all that difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate but was not given what I requested; they met me half way (which wasn't that good looking back).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lucas Group in February 2012.

Phone call from recruiter. Meeting with manager. Meeting with hiring manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lucas Group in April 2010.

I first had a phone conversation with the Managing Director. Then I was invited in and met with him and 4-5 recruiters with the firm. I came in for a second round with a few other recruiters, then had a phone conversation with the CEO (who is not in this location). After this, was made an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What made you decided to apply to Lucas Group and why do you want to be an executive recruiter?   Answer Question
    It's fairly straightforward and your level is determined by you experience. In my case, I had prior recruiting experience and was very satisfied with the level at which I joined.

Executive Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I felt that the interview process was thorough and professional. I met with a lot of people over 2 days and got to be sure that the company was a "fit" for me. Everyone was clearly a strong recruiter and I absolutely got the sense that I would be able to work independantly. I feel like I am part of an extremely talented team.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were almost all behavioral in nature.   View Answer
    Recruiting is a 100% commission business and Lucas' compensation plans are based on prior experience. There is not much negotiation.

Executive Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lucas Group in July 2009.

The interview process was standard. I interviewed with two managers and several recuriters. The meetings lasted about 30 minutes each.

Candidate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lucas Group in January 2009.

Lucas group as a headhunter proved to be of limited usefulness to me since they did not have anything in my field. They typically schedule you 6-8 interviews in a daylong session in a hotel. At the time I was willing to relocate but had no offers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lucas Group in January 2008.

They found my name. I had one phone interivew with copr HR, one in person with the Managing partner, then an all day interivew with each employee in my division at the location.

Interview Questions
    None, everyone gets the same base and comp plan.

Senior Partner Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lucas Group.

I was treated very professionaly throughout the interview process, and I was intrigued with the tenure of the company. Company takes great care of their own which was very important to me. Everyone in the office was very nice and welcoming. I had the opportunity to meet with the CEO who is a wonderful person and leader.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing comes to mind...everything was straightforward.   Answer Question
    I received a fair offer that I was thrilled with. I felt as if joining Lucas Group was too good to be true, but it has been an excellent experience so far.

National Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Lucas Group.

Thorough interview process, after all, that is the business they are in, and they are experts at conducting interviews and identifying talent. Expect to be interviewed by multiple levels of management. They treat their employees well and the people they place. Mutual respect among high achievers, success is rewarded through unlimited compensation package.

Interview Questions
    • They will want "your story", they ask questions to determine what makes you tick.   Answer Question
    Impressive organization filled with passionate, high achieving individuals. Only downside is starting pay is next to nothing, but six figure earnings almost certain once you build your business.

Executive Search Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lucas Group in September 2010.

I applied to the open position through an online job posting and was contacted directly by the hiring manager. The first interview was a casual phone interview. He wanted to bring me in to speak with other members of his executive search team. I interviewed in person with a total of three people in the group--the hiring manager, as well as two senior executive search consultants. Questions were typical interview questions, testing my ability to handle pressure, how well I get along with different personalities, what I thought I would add to the team and what job responsibilities I thought I would have in the role, etc. The whole process was straight-forward and painless.

Interview Questions
    • They asked typical questions. What is your greatest weakness? Tell me about a time you were in a conflict. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    There isn't much room for negotiation. As the company says, you get compensated for how much work you put in. Your salary is up to you.