LucasArts Interview Questions

2.4

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at LucasArts.

Interview

During a chat with the recruiter we scheduled an online test. I was given a set of math/programming questions and 3 hours of time I believe. The questions were relatively hard to finish in the allotted time as some of them (rendering ones) needed a fair amount of explanation. The next round was a phone call with technical lead, and then an onsite interview, which had a common structure - pairs of people (programmers, rendering people or tech artists) asking various questions (sometimes with white board).

Interview Questions

• One of the interviews went uncomfortably deep on C++ idiosyncrasies.   Answer Question

Concept Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at LucasArts.

Interview

Very cheerful and easy going. They ask the usual questions like what you have done and what do you do. Things about you. It was a simple interview, but the company is gone now.

VFX Artist Interview

Interview

Primarily talked about my portfolio, asking interesting questions about how I was able to achieve various looks in my work. They clearly had an idea of what they wanted and asked me questions on my experience based on very specific software and types of effects. I was interviewed by the art director of the project and the lead recruiter, both of which were very friendly and made the interview process quite smooth.

Interview Questions

• How would you take one of the best special effects in film and translate it to work in interactive media?   Answer Question

Lead 3D Artist (LucasArts) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at LucasArts (San Francisco, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Highly unprofessional recruiting team at LucasARTS (not LucasFilm). Interview consisted of 2 scheduled group phone interviews and then an additional (day- of scheduled) chat with a third group. Interview was for a LEAD position. Recruiter contacted me by email the following day offering a on- site interview for a 3D artist position. I responded by email that I had applied and interviewed for a lead position. She responded a few days later saying that the recruiting manager had given the OK for me to interview for a senior 3D artist position.

Fed up with the lack of organization on their end and the run- around, I told her I was not interested and ended the process.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions: Describe recent management/ production responsibilities, team leadership, outsourcing experiences, etc   Answer Question

In general, my experience with the recruiters here has been nothing but nightmares (I'd accepted a job here several years ago despite having had a horrific experience with a recruiter at the time). I left the company a few years ago as a lead 3D artist (clearly indicated in my resume) so it boggles my mind that they would offer me an interview for a non- lead position this time. This repeated pattern of bad recruiting practices made me withdraw my application.

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at LucasArts (San Francisco, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter from an off site temp agency for this interview. I had to take a MS Suite test. Met with two other Secretaries one who seemed to be very disgruntled and the other over compensated for her collogues bitchiness. Then I met the “lawyer” I was to be supporting and she seemed nice but put into question why I wanted to be a secretary.

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at LucasArts (San Francisco, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

First was a phone interview for basic background about my interest in gaming and the industry.

Production Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at LucasArts in April 2009.

Interview

The recruiter was not experienced and did not have good follow thru skills. The team that interviewed did not seem prepared with relevant questions and there was an air that the candidate should be grateful to be even interviewing there. I think the recruiter overall did not do a good job.