Lucasfilm

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Assets Manager Interview

Assets Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lucasfilm.

Interview Details – After two phone interviews, I was brought in for a 4 hour multiple person interview where I was quizzed and asked plenty of detailed questions. I was taken around to all the cool rooms and made to believe I would be getting the position. I learned two days later I didn't get the position.

Interview Question – What is your favorite film?   View Answer

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Lucasfilm in January 2009.

Interview Details – The recruiters at Lucasfilm are top-notch.

Interview Question – I do not recall.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was able to negotiate.

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lucasfilm.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of two phone interviews. The second was the longest and was done with my hiring manager. The first was just a basic phone screen and only lasted about ten minutes. After the second phone screen, I was invited in for an in person interview. It was a relatively short interview but done with a panel. There was a little pressure doing a group interview but since everyone was pretty friendly, it wasn't that bad.

Interview Question – No one question stands out. The most concerning question was around the amount of support that is needed for artists. That scared me more than anything.   View Answer

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lucasfilm in June 2009.

Interview Details – One day-long interview with many peers. I was not living locally at the time.

Interview Question – Write some Perl code for us.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They were paying me more than I asked for, and I wanted to move to San Francisco, so I accepted immediately.

IT Desktop Support Intern Interview

IT Desktop Support Intern
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lucasfilm in April 2012.

Interview Details – Was called about setting up a skype interview. Half of it was with people from IT while the other half was with a university hiring manager. Seemed very friendly, office culturs seemed to be respectable yet loose and fun. Was then called back a week later to be told that they were moving forward with another canidate.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you have had to work in a team to overcome a problem on a project.   Answer Question

Assistant Technical Director (Pipiline) Interview

Assistant Technical Director (Pipiline)
San Rafael, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lucasfilm in April 2011.

Interview Details – Got a call from hiring manager after applying online, asked me what are my future plans, and whether I can join them later at the end of the month. After a minute into the conversation asked me what country I belonged to as a citizen. A brief overview of my skills in python and mel. After knowing I didn't have a US visa, got denies because the company does not offer sponsorships to junior positions. And this was in the 2nd week of the month, I obviously couldn't get a work permit for the end of the month.

Would have been really happy if I got sponsored as I was a recent grad.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Didn't decline, got declined on grounds of US visa.

Production Assistant Interview

Production Assistant
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lucasfilm.

Interview Details – I used their website to apply for the position, but it was about 4 months or so before I heard back from them. I think I only got the call because I had a couple of friends inside recommend me.

I was asked to come in and speak with 3 of my superiors, including the head of department. After the interview went well, I was asked to provide 3 references, and I think they contacted at least 2 of them and had long phone chats with them.

All in all, the process went really quickly once they contacted me. I think it took about 2 weeks from the first time they contacted me.

Interview Question – I honestly don't remember any difficult questions. I think they went pretty easy on me since it was an entry level position.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lucasfilm.

Interview Details – Submitted resume through Lucasfilm website and was contacted one month later by an HR manager. She scheduled a 30-minute telephone interview which included typical screening questions, but she also set my expectations regarding the salary range for the position. She gave the impression that the hiring manager needed help as soon as possible. I didn't hear back from them, sent a follow-up email -- but no definitive answer on the position as the company was acquired by Disney.

Interview Question – No surprising questions: why do you want to work at Lucasfilm, how is your experience a match for the position   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Operations

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lucasfilm in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewing for a role that was in the sweet spot of my skills & experience. The process with the HR recruiter was excellent. He was polite, interested, and extraordinarily knowledgeable about the position and the organization. He dug much deeper into my background than most interviewers do at this level.
My second interview was with the hiring manager and also over the phone. He was also professional and prepared but a bit brusk & hurried as well. He was racing toward a 30 minute deadline and we covered a huge amount of ground in that period of time, but there was no time for pleasantries.
I was not invited back for a face to face.

Interview Question – How do you manage communication?   View Answer

Worked for Lucasfilm? Contribute to the Community!