Lucasfilm Interview Questions

3.2

Assets Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lucasfilm.

Interview

After two phone interviews, I was brought in for a 4 hour multiple person interview where I was quizzed and asked plenty of detailed questions. I was taken around to all the cool rooms and made to believe I would be getting the position. I learned two days later I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite film?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lucasfilm.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two phone interviews. The second was the longest and was done with my hiring manager. The first was just a basic phone screen and only lasted about ten minutes. After the second phone screen, I was invited in for an in person interview. It was a relatively short interview but done with a panel. There was a little pressure doing a group interview but since everyone was pretty friendly, it wasn't that bad.

Interview Questions

• No one question stands out. The most concerning question was around the amount of support that is needed for artists. That scared me more than anything.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lucasfilm in August 2013.

Interview

Long process and often left in the dark regarding where you stand in the process. When finally called back for an in person interview, everyone was very friendly during my visit. Questions weren't difficult, just the normal situational admin questions.

IT Desktop Support Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lucasfilm (San Francisco, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Was called about setting up a skype interview. Half of it was with people from IT while the other half was with a university hiring manager. Seemed very friendly, office culturs seemed to be respectable yet loose and fun. Was then called back a week later to be told that they were moving forward with another canidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you have had to work in a team to overcome a problem on a project.   Answer Question

Assistant Technical Director (Pipiline) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lucasfilm (San Rafael, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Got a call from hiring manager after applying online, asked me what are my future plans, and whether I can join them later at the end of the month. After a minute into the conversation asked me what country I belonged to as a citizen. A brief overview of my skills in python and mel. After knowing I didn't have a US visa, got denies because the company does not offer sponsorships to junior positions. And this was in the 2nd week of the month, I obviously couldn't get a work permit for the end of the month. Would have been really happy if I got sponsored as I was a recent grad.

Interview Questions

Didn't decline, got declined on grounds of US visa.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lucasfilm (San Francisco, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

One day-long interview with many peers. I was not living locally at the time.

Interview Questions

• Write some Perl code for us.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were paying me more than I asked for, and I wanted to move to San Francisco, so I accepted immediately.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Lucasfilm (San Francisco, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

The recruiters at Lucasfilm are top-notch.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, I was able to negotiate.

Interview

I was flown out to Lucas Ranch to interview for this position following the successful release of my first feature documentary, BOOKWARS. They were quite gracious and put me up in the Orson Wells room. Unfortunately, I got an extreme case of diahrea beforehand from a local Marin Chinese restaurant and was nearly incapacitated.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lucasfilm (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

I used their website to apply for the position, but it was about 4 months or so before I heard back from them. I think I only got the call because I had a couple of friends inside recommend me. I was asked to come in and speak with 3 of my superiors, including the head of department. After the interview went well, I was asked to provide 3 references, and I think they contacted at least 2 of them and had long phone chats with them. All in all, the process went really quickly once they contacted me. I think it took about 2 weeks from the first time they contacted me.

Interview Questions

• I honestly don't remember any difficult questions. I think they went pretty easy on me since it was an entry level position.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lucasfilm.

Interview

Submitted resume through Lucasfilm website and was contacted one month later by an HR manager. She scheduled a 30-minute telephone interview which included typical screening questions, but she also set my expectations regarding the salary range for the position. She gave the impression that the hiring manager needed help as soon as possible. I didn't hear back from them, sent a follow-up email -- but no definitive answer on the position as the company was acquired by Disney.

Interview Questions

• No surprising questions: why do you want to work at Lucasfilm, how is your experience a match for the position   Answer Question