Lucid Software

Updated Oct 31, 2014

3.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lucid Software

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lucid Software in October 2014.

Programming task: 3 different tasks were given for programing out of which 2 were easy and the 3rd one was time consuming. They setup the environment for the task based on the language one prefers, and they allow to use internet for basic reference to online docs. (syntax purpose only). Use of websites like stack overflow not allowed.

User Experience/UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lucid Software in September 2014.

Because I was not living in the local area, I was first contacted by email to schedule a phone interview, and then had a phone interview about a week later. The person I talked to was also new to the company which made it hard to get good answers about the company culture or a true gauge of the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

I applied online. I was first contacted by email and given a homework assignment to complete. Next was a phone interview. After that I was invited onsite for an interview (about 1/2 day). Everyone was friendly but they didn't seem prepared to have me there. Their work environment is open, noisy, and messy. They said they have plans to move so perhaps their new location will feel more comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Homework assignment: Write code to find the length of the longest non-decreasing sequence through adjacent, non-repeating cells (including diagonals) in a rectangular grid of numbers.   View Answers (2)
    • On-site coding challenge   View Answer

Lucid Software Response

Oct 6, 2014Director of Engineering

Thanks for the feedback. I'm really glad you found the team friendly. I appreciate the comment about organization. We're a young, informal company and I'll definitely work on creating a smoother ... More

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Lucid Software.

The only interview I had was a programming problem and I needed to submit the answer to them. I could solve the problem in any language of my choice. However, I was a little off with my answer because I misunderstood the instructions. I did not have any interview beyond this.

Interview Questions
    • I had to solve a problem that would take a grid of numbers and find the longest non-repeating, non-decreasing path. It could be in any language.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lucid Software in December 2013.

referral and got the interview. 1 hour with three questions, and meet front end team and backend team.

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lucid Software in November 2012.

Three to four hours total. Starts with a programming exam where you are asked to do some basic coding. This is followed by interviews with various team members. Questions were about programming concepts, design and your experience. There were a few brain teasers. I was asked, for example to talk about some significant project that I had worked on recently. Also asked to design a chess program and justify any design decisions that I made. The only brain teaser was about adding without the plus operator, and bitwise wasn't allowed.