Lucky 13 Consulting

Profile Unclaimed

Lucky 13 Consulting Interview Questions

2.6

Entry Level Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lucky 13 Consulting.

Your first interview is pretty standard. Your second interview is a full day job shadow with a top account manager. There you get to see what you will be doing every day. The final interview is with the boss and he goes over your shadow.

Make sure you understand how you are getting paid.

Sales and Marketing Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lucky 13 Consulting.

There are three interviews that occur before an entry level sales rep is hired. The first interview takes place in the office, where a manager asks the interviewee basic interview questions, tells them about the business, and gives a few expectations of new hires. In the second interview, a leader shows the interviewee what a typical day of work looks like: going business to business, and acquiring new clients for Quill, an office supply company, via cold calls. During this full day of work, the leader explains the in's and out's of the pitch, territory, payment, and the system. The leader will expect the interviewee to, at the very least, try to engage in conversation with people in businesses after lunch. The third interview takes place after getting back from the second interview. This is, simply, asking how the day went, and seeing if the interviewee believes they can do the job.

Interview Questions
    • Give an experience where a problem occurred, and how you were able to fix it.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

After a brief phone call, I was advanced to the interview stage over the phone. It was brief and the questions were very shallow. After getting called into a full day interview, I then had to shadow a current employee all day. Despite it being a 9am-5pm interview, and being told there will be a lunch segment of the day, the lunch is on the person being interviewed, despite not being told in advanced. The day is very long and tiring and there are still a lot of unanswered questioned even after a full day of being allowed to answer questions. The least favorite part of this interview was walking into an Office Depot store to compare prices from Quill Office supplies to the that of the stores.

Advice if you're interested: pack a lunch, wear comfortable shoes, and be prepared for any weather Wisconsin might bring you.

Interview Questions
    • You're told a few brief mottos the company lives by around 10AM and are expected to remember it at 6pm after a long day of door-to-door B2B shadowing.   View Answer

Didn't meet my career goals/didn't give me enough time to decide overall when I had months yet to finish my degree.

Entry Level Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Lucky 13 Consulting in January 2014.

After submitting my resume thru Milwaukee jobs, I was contacted by the HR department and asked to come in for a preliminary interview. I met with John who is the managing partner of the firm and we discussed the company and the position. After that I was contacted to come back for a full day skills assessment. This was the best interview I have ever been on. I got to shadow one of the top reps in the company for a day to get a real feel for what would be expected of me if offered the job. I not only learned a lot, but it was very interactive as I was asked to participate in discussions with clients. By the end of the day I had all of my questions answered and was asked to sit down with John one last time. We went thru more questions about my background and whether or not I felt the job was something I felt confident doing.

Interview Questions
    • When I was asked to participate with some of the clients I was a bit nervous. But realizing that that was exactly what I would be doing on a regular basis, I felt like it was amazing to get to test the waters before excepting the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lucky 13 Consulting in November 2013.

Initial communications- This job posts on job sites and also does recruiting off those sites. I did not actually apply to the job but was contacted by the admin. She was friendly and concise, explaining the details of the position and enough information for me to have a basic understanding of the company despite not applying for the job.

The interviews are set up as a 3 part interview, but they are conducted over the course of 2 days. The first interview is a preliminary interview with a brief questionnaire and a 15-20 minute face-to-face component. The preliminary interview is a basic run-through of personality traits, qualities and characteristics, past experience, and very general "first-impression" type questions.

The second interview is really unique in my opinion. The second interview is a full-day job shadow, where you go out with one of the leaders of the company and you actually get to see what you would be doing on a daily basis. I have never been on an interview where they detail every aspect of your job function and literally show you what you would be doing if you got hired. It's a really great way to understand the company operations on a complete scale, to put yourself in the position of someone who currently works there and understand what they do every day and whether or not you would be able to do the same. The second interview also outlines more of the specifics of the company: some of their policies, some of their strategies, gives you more information on the training and the "systems" which they implement, and it also gives you more detailed information about compensation and opportunity. The second interview is where the company really shows you, "This is what we do. This is what you would be asked to do every day." It's really cool to me because it seems like they are being open and honest before you even are hired. They have nothing to hide, nothing to be "unclear" about until you start, they are open and forward with you about the job and all of it's intricacies before you ever commit to it. You are also asked to do very basic demonstrations of competence on the second interview, such as showing that you have the ability to start a conversation with a random person in a new business. The second interview is all day, from 9-5, and when you get back to the office you have the third and final interview.

The third and final interview is conducted with the owner (John Bossung) and whoever you were out shadowing that day. They go over a short questionnaire which you fill out before you go in, and then they discuss with you how the day went: what they saw from you that they liked or didn't like, and ask you what questions you have about any aspect of the job. The third interview is also where you are either hired or denied the position.

Overall, I was very impressed with the interview process. It was very eye-opening and helpful to go out with someone for a whole day and really be able to understand what I would be doing. The interview was still formal but had a sense of comfort to it, and I found that I was able to relax and open up a lot easier.

Interview Questions
    • For me, it was: What was one of your proudest moments and why? Just difficult for me to pick out a specific proudest moment haha   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lucky 13 Consulting.

Interview was pretty basic, nothing out of the ordinary was asked. Be prepared to know about the company.

Account Manager At Lucky 13 Consulting Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lucky 13 Consulting.

I applied online because I was very curious when I read their job advertising and their web page. I received a phone call the very next day to come to the first interview. It was a very short one but I was told that the second interview would be a full day shadowing someone from the office so that I could see what the job is all about and to see if it was something I was interested in doing and measure my people's skills. I was told to come prepared with pen and paper so that I could take notes as you will be given a lot of information through the day that it is actually very important to do the job and be good at it. After the second interview, where you can fully see what the job is about and experience it first hand, and you are also explain how the pay work, which by the way I thought was very transparent process, then you get back to the office where you will have your final interview. Either you are offered the position or not, but then again it is a personal decision if you want to accept the offer or not. It was overall a super smooth and fun process!

Interview Questions
    • I actually don't remember much from the second interview questions. I think I was bombarded with so much information that it is hard to remember any specific questions. It was all fun and very informative, I actually learned a few things that day and I keep learning them every single day.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lucky 13 Consulting in September 2013.

The interview and hiring process were both quick and painless. I had an in-person interview and was asked to a second that afternoon. Following a job shadow and a third interview I was offered the position. The whole process took one week and they were very good at working the interviews in with my schedule.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked why face to face sales are more successful that other forms   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lucky 13 Consulting in August 2013.

The Hiring and Interview process is very extensive and in depth. I feel this process is necessary to bring in the right candidates to succeed with our company. Also the interviewing process allows for the interviewee to experience what a typical day is like so that they can gauge if the position is going to be a good fit for themselves.

Interview Questions
    • What are the things that you struggle with the most on a daily basis when interacting with other individuals?   Answer Question
    After going through the interview process you should know what our company is about and what opportunities there are for you. It makes the decision after an offer very simple if you know what you want in life.

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lucky 13 Consulting in July 2013.

The post attracted my attention because, from the way it was worded, it sounded like the type of job I had been looking for. I heard from the company the next day, and scheduled an interview.

The first interview went well; I met with John and we talked for about 20 minutes before he offered me a second interview, which would be a job shadow. At this point I was still under the impression that the job was something I was interested in, so I accepted.

When I arrived for my second round interview, I saw another potential employee sitting in the waiting area. I assumed that we would go out with two different people, but that wasn't the case. That was the first strike. Both myself and this other interviewee were sent out with the same AM, which meant there was now an added element of a competition.

We got in the car, & along the way, the AM gave us a basic overview of the company, which was the second red flag, as what he said was different from what I'd heard until that point. After the overview, he became conversational, and he asked us questions that related more to our personal lives than to anything professional.

There were a few things about the day that made me rethink wanting to work for Lucky 13. One of those things was the lack of professionalism. The AM I was with designated one of us to choose the place we would eat lunch, and the other to pick the radio station. If that was supposed to be a test of some sort, it was very unprofessional behavior from the person who was supposed to be showing us the best side of his company. Another poor reflection on the company was the fact that I had to buy my own lunch. Typically on a job interview, when you stop for lunch, the company foots the bill. In this instance, the current employee placed his order, paid for it, and walked away from the two of us, all without saying a word. I was very grateful that I had some spare cash in my pocket that, otherwiseI wouldn't have eaten. In my opinion, that's another reason the company should have paid for our food -- if I had been by myself, I wouldn't have stopped for food.

Beyond that, there were two other things at lunch that gave me pause about the job. The first is that, while at lunch, the subject of compensation came up, and when asked what happened to his weekly income when he sold nothing for a whole week, the AM glossed over it and didn't answer the question.

The question of solicitation also came up, and while the AM was quick to say what they do isn't soliciting, I very strongly disagree with that. The position is basically cold-calling businesses, except you go business-to-business instead of calling. It boils down to the same basic principle.

The biggest strike against Lucky 13 came when I realized that, over the course of the day, the AM we had been following, who was supposedly the best one there, hadn't sold anything all day. Over fifty businesses were visited, and not a single sale was made.

When we got back to the office, I filled out a form and was then called back into John's office to speak with him. He asked me to send him an essay in the form of an email answering two questions. I found this to be a strange request, since I had already answered both questions verbally twice, in both the initial and second interviews.

I opted not to write that essay, and instead sent the president an email thanking him for considering me for the position, going on to say that I appreciated the opportunity to see firsthand what I would be doing, and that, after further consideration, I didn't feel that the position was a good fit for me, and I wished to respectfully withdraw my application. I can only assume that he received it, since I didn't receive any response.

I don't think that Lucky 13's interview process is bad, but there are some kinks that could be worked out to make it smoother. I also don't think that Lucky 13 is a bad company; it merely wasn't something I was interested in.

p.s. This doesn't have anything to do with the interview process, but as I was looking over the Lucky 13 website prior to my second interview, I noticed no less than five spelling and grammatical errors, and anytime I see those type of errors on a business website, it gives me pause, because I hesitate to accept a job somewhere that doesn't have enough pride in their company to make sure all areas of the website are properly edited and refined. Just an observation.

Interview Questions
    • "How is the account manager sales training program a good fit for your professional goals?" and "Why are you a good fit for Lucky 13's sales training program?"   Answer Question

Lucky 13 Consulting Response

Aug 13, 2013President

The reason that we do a job shadow sometimes is so that we can extend a shot for a candidate that we're on the fence about to give us a reason to hire them. At the end of the day sometimes we have a ... More