Lucky 13 Consulting Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2014
24 interviews

2.6

Entry Level Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Lucky 13 Consulting.

Your first interview is pretty standard. Your second interview is a full day job shadow with a top account manager. There you get to see what you will be doing every day. The final interview is with the boss and he goes over your shadow.

Make sure you understand how you are getting paid.

Sales and Marketing Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lucky 13 Consulting.

There are three interviews that occur before an entry level sales rep is hired. The first interview takes place in the office, where a manager asks the interviewee basic interview questions, tells them about the business, and gives a few expectations of new hires. In the second interview, a leader shows the interviewee what a typical day of work looks like: going business to business, and acquiring new clients for Quill, an office supply company, via cold calls. During this full day of work, the leader explains the in's and out's of the pitch, territory, payment, and the system. The leader will expect the interviewee to, at the very least, try to engage in conversation with people in businesses after lunch. The third interview takes place after getting back from the second interview. This is, simply, asking how the day went, and seeing if the interviewee believes they can do the job.

Interview Questions
    • Give an experience where a problem occurred, and how you were able to fix it.   Answer Question

Entry Level Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Lucky 13 Consulting in July 2012.

Super in depth and helpful
    It's a 3 part interview. First part is a quick introduction and background
    Second part is a full day interactive job shadow with one of the account managers so that you get to see first hand what is expected. Theres opportunities to interact on a few sales calls so you know right away what it's like. There is a final wrap up after that with the managing partner.

Interview Questions
    • i was asked to explain a time at a former job where my integrity was questioned and what i did to overcome it.   Answer Question

Entry Level Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Lucky 13 Consulting in January 2014.

After submitting my resume thru Milwaukee jobs, I was contacted by the HR department and asked to come in for a preliminary interview. I met with John who is the managing partner of the firm and we discussed the company and the position. After that I was contacted to come back for a full day skills assessment. This was the best interview I have ever been on. I got to shadow one of the top reps in the company for a day to get a real feel for what would be expected of me if offered the job. I not only learned a lot, but it was very interactive as I was asked to participate in discussions with clients. By the end of the day I had all of my questions answered and was asked to sit down with John one last time. We went thru more questions about my background and whether or not I felt the job was something I felt confident doing.

Interview Questions
    • When I was asked to participate with some of the clients I was a bit nervous. But realizing that that was exactly what I would be doing on a regular basis, I felt like it was amazing to get to test the waters before excepting the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Lucky 13 Consulting in April 2012.

Very Easy

none

Marketing and Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Lucky 13 Consulting in December 2012.

Upon submitting your resume/cover letter, someone will probably call you and invite you in for an interview you. You'll spend a little time one-on-one with the office manager but it's mostly a job shadow interview in the sales field. If you make friends with the person interviewing you and aren't entirely incapable of talking to people, you'll get an offer.

Keep in mind, you're not really being 'interviewed' as much as you're being recruited. They believe in strength in numbers so they think it's in their best interest to add a lot of people (although I'd disagree). This isn't a typical interview, they won't be evaluating your strengths and weakness objectively. They'll try to convince themselves that you'll become a great sales person one day.

Interview Questions
    There is no room for negotiating.

Account Manager Interview

After a brief phone call, I was advanced to the interview stage over the phone. It was brief and the questions were very shallow. After getting called into a full day interview, I then had to shadow a current employee all day. Despite it being a 9am-5pm interview, and being told there will be a lunch segment of the day, the lunch is on the person being interviewed, despite not being told in advanced. The day is very long and tiring and there are still a lot of unanswered questioned even after a full day of being allowed to answer questions. The least favorite part of this interview was walking into an Office Depot store to compare prices from Quill Office supplies to the that of the stores.

Advice if you're interested: pack a lunch, wear comfortable shoes, and be prepared for any weather Wisconsin might bring you.

Interview Questions
    • You're told a few brief mottos the company lives by around 10AM and are expected to remember it at 6pm after a long day of door-to-door B2B shadowing.   View Answer

Didn't meet my career goals/didn't give me enough time to decide overall when I had months yet to finish my degree.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Lucky 13 Consulting in November 2013.

Initial communications- This job posts on job sites and also does recruiting off those sites. I did not actually apply to the job but was contacted by the admin. She was friendly and concise, explaining the details of the position and enough information for me to have a basic understanding of the company despite not applying for the job.

The interviews are set up as a 3 part interview, but they are conducted over the course of 2 days. The first interview is a preliminary interview with a brief questionnaire and a 15-20 minute face-to-face component. The preliminary interview is a basic run-through of personality traits, qualities and characteristics, past experience, and very general "first-impression" type questions.

The second interview is really unique in my opinion. The second interview is a full-day job shadow, where you go out with one of the leaders of the company and you actually get to see what you would be doing on a daily basis. I have never been on an interview where they detail every aspect of your job function and literally show you what you would be doing if you got hired. It's a really great way to understand the company operations on a complete scale, to put yourself in the position of someone who currently works there and understand what they do every day and whether or not you would be able to do the same. The second interview also outlines more of the specifics of the company: some of their policies, some of their strategies, gives you more information on the training and the "systems" which they implement, and it also gives you more detailed information about compensation and opportunity. The second interview is where the company really shows you, "This is what we do. This is what you would be asked to do every day." It's really cool to me because it seems like they are being open and honest before you even are hired. They have nothing to hide, nothing to be "unclear" about until you start, they are open and forward with you about the job and all of it's intricacies before you ever commit to it. You are also asked to do very basic demonstrations of competence on the second interview, such as showing that you have the ability to start a conversation with a random person in a new business. The second interview is all day, from 9-5, and when you get back to the office you have the third and final interview.

The third and final interview is conducted with the owner (John Bossung) and whoever you were out shadowing that day. They go over a short questionnaire which you fill out before you go in, and then they discuss with you how the day went: what they saw from you that they liked or didn't like, and ask you what questions you have about any aspect of the job. The third interview is also where you are either hired or denied the position.

Overall, I was very impressed with the interview process. It was very eye-opening and helpful to go out with someone for a whole day and really be able to understand what I would be doing. The interview was still formal but had a sense of comfort to it, and I found that I was able to relax and open up a lot easier.

Interview Questions
    • For me, it was: What was one of your proudest moments and why? Just difficult for me to pick out a specific proudest moment haha   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lucky 13 Consulting in September 2013.

The interview and hiring process were both quick and painless. I had an in-person interview and was asked to a second that afternoon. Following a job shadow and a third interview I was offered the position. The whole process took one week and they were very good at working the interviews in with my schedule.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked why face to face sales are more successful that other forms   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Lucky 13 Consulting in July 2013.

It is a 3 step interview process that, for me personally, took 5 days. The initial was over the phone and the other 2 steps were in person. Had a great time on the interview.

Interview Questions
    • They were all basic interview questions about what the interviewee is interested in and that kind of stuff.   Answer Question

Worked for Lucky 13 Consulting? Contribute to the Community!