Lucky Brand Jeans Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.4

Part-Time Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lucky Brand Jeans.

I emailed my resume and cover letter to the store, and I got a phone call to set up an interview the next day. My interview was with the SM, and she began the interview with the typical 'tell me about yourself.' I started by telling her my current job experience, my past work experience, why I was interested in the PT Sup position, and what I was looking for in the future (developing within the company). She then asked me more specific questions about my current position. These questions revolved around my personal and store's KPIs, holding myself and employees accountable, and coaching. We also did role play scenarios for coaching an associate and engaging with a customer using product and with out product. After my interview, the SM called me to schedule a phone interview with the DM. The questions were about work experience & KPIs.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say to an associate who is not engaging with customers?   Answer Question
    • Which KPI do you feel is the most important, and why?   Answer Question
    • What does it mean to hold someone accountable?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lucky Brand Jeans in October 2014.

I walked in the store and asked for the manager and asked if Lucky Brand Jeans was hiring. Mind, dressing up stylishly when asking for a job is noted by the manager. The store manager introduced herself and gave me her card. She told me to call her as soon as I applied online (she gave instructions on how).

For the interview I dressed fashionably relevant and professional, including Lucky Brand accessories and lookalikes. The store manager interviewed me, and she was very nice and enthusiastic. She asked questions about what would I do in specific customer related situations and how my skill sets would factor into retail. Some of those questions also included how I work autonomously to make the work load more efficient (not just client related). Lastly, she asked why I chose Lucky Brand. By doing your research on the company history, evolution, core values, and charity may give you the bump you need. Knowing Lucky Brand product, especialy the jeans, gives you points.

Interview Questions
    It was Seasonal Sales Associate, so you merely discussed scheduling. However, if I hadn't gotten a new full time job during the season, I would have continued working there after the season as part-time. They love great energy, be the customer's friend and personal stylist, and make your goal sales, and you have a good chance of staying on.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Century City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Century City, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lucky Brand Jeans in October 2014.

I was very excited to get an interview at Lucky Brand especially in such a nice outdoor mall. I wore a blue three quarter sleeve shift dress and dressy sandals and arrived only about five minutes early because my bus was late.

I was paranoid about not arriving ten-fifteen minutes early and out of breath from rushing, but when I went to the cash wrap to say I was there for the interview at 4pm, the sales associate barely acknowledged me and and said I was early and that the manager would be with me in a little while.

So I walked around the store a bit, and after about ten minutes of being awkward, I sat on one of their chairs to wait.

Another candidate walked in late and the sales associate I spoke to said the same thing to her. She sat down next to me and we began talking. After another ten minutes or so (around 4:15 now), she asked me when my interview time was, and hers was 4pm as well.

We waited.
    And waited.
    And waited.

The snooty sales associate said not once, not twice, but THREE times that the manager would be finished soon.

At 4:48, the hiring manager emerged from the back room without an explanation and directed us to go outside for the interview even though it was 90 degrees with blinding sunlight. Another girl arrived just at that moment and the hiring manager didn't even seem to notice that she was almost an entire hour late.

So we sat outside while she stood in front of us about five feet away (and awkward distance when you're in the middle of a busy outdoor mall with lots of noise). So we're all squinting, sweating, and having to almost shout to be heard. The manager seemed weirdly condescending and judgmental, like she wasn't going to give any of us a chance in the first place.

She asked us questions about Lucky Brand and our previous experience, and asked if we knew how much money our previous jobs made per hour. Somehow, the other two girls did, I had no clue but she didn't seem to notice that I didn't answer.

At one point during our interview a man with a DSLR camera began taking photos of us and she turned around awkwardly and rolled her eyes and behaved very immaturely about the whole ordeal. She looked about 28 but acted like a stuck up teenager. The entire thing was extremely unprofessional and off-putting.

After about fifteen minutes of questions she said she would be interviewing more applicants for the next two weeks so to not expect a call until then and then she just walked away. She didn't seem interested or invested in the process at all and it was a big disappointment.

Interview Questions
    • How much money our previous jobs made per hour in sales.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lucky Brand Jeans.

I walked in the store and asked if I could speak to the manager. I found out if they were hiring and asked for an application. The process was very simple and the interview was scheduled for the following week. After answering basic "get-to-know-you" questions and typical interview questions, I was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Put together an outfit and sell it to the interviewer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Sales Supervisor Interview

Asked typical question. Why do you want to work for Lucky Brand? Do you know much about our company? The are a competitive company and use the competitiveness to drive associates to sell more to win prizes. They will also ask you to pick out an outfit. Make sure you add on as much as you can and layer. Jeans, shirt, cardigan, belt, jewelry, shoes.

Interview Questions
    • Role play. Show them how you would interact with customers.   Answer Question

Couldnt work that many hours.

Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lucky Brand Jeans in August 2014.

Interview process is pretty intense. Lots of thought provoking questions and also a role playing exercise where you are asked to pick and present an outfit for an opposite sex "customer." Also, every new hire must be interviewed by DM and approved.

Did not need to negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

Was shopping and asked to apply for job in store. Then came in for an interview and they hired me on the spot with no hard questions. Basically your availability

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Lucky Brand Jeans.

Long interview: recruiter, DM, HR, RM and sometimes VP. DM will conduct a "Lucky Impression" Mock selling scenario. They are looking for suggestive selling techniques and engaging with the customer that relates back to product. Staffing questions are in reference to holding team accountable and how? Want to know you are not afraid to turn people. Turn is high at Lucky.

Interview Questions
    • How do you drive the business in you prior positions?   View Answer
    No negotiation!

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Extensive interview process. You will interview with at least two store mangers and district manager. Possibly Regional manager for high volume stores. Must know product, coaching, training, and hiring.

Interview Questions
    • How will you help the company grow? How have you hired and developed to the next level?   Answer Question

Fashion Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lucky Brand Jeans.

I started out in a freelance position, then after working there for several months, they offered me a FT position.

I took a substantial pay cut from my freelance pay, but in return I got a great benefits package. We went back & forth for about a month to iron out all the details.