Lucky Brand Jeans

2.4

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lucky Brand Jeans in October 2014.

I was very excited to get an interview at Lucky Brand especially in such a nice outdoor mall. I wore a blue three quarter sleeve shift dress and dressy sandals and arrived only about five minutes early because my bus was late.

I was paranoid about not arriving ten-fifteen minutes early and out of breath from rushing, but when I went to the cash wrap to say I was there for the interview at 4pm, the sales associate barely acknowledged me and and said I was early and that the manager would be with me in a little while.

So I walked around the store a bit, and after about ten minutes of being awkward, I sat on one of their chairs to wait.

Another candidate walked in late and the sales associate I spoke to said the same thing to her. She sat down next to me and we began talking. After another ten minutes or so (around 4:15 now), she asked me when my interview time was, and hers was 4pm as well.

We waited.
    And waited.
    And waited.

The snooty sales associate said not once, not twice, but THREE times that the manager would be finished soon.

At 4:48, the hiring manager emerged from the back room without an explanation and directed us to go outside for the interview even though it was 90 degrees with blinding sunlight. Another girl arrived just at that moment and the hiring manager didn't even seem to notice that she was almost an entire hour late.

So we sat outside while she stood in front of us about five feet away (and awkward distance when you're in the middle of a busy outdoor mall with lots of noise). So we're all squinting, sweating, and having to almost shout to be heard. The manager seemed weirdly condescending and judgmental, like she wasn't going to give any of us a chance in the first place.

She asked us questions about Lucky Brand and our previous experience, and asked if we knew how much money our previous jobs made per hour. Somehow, the other two girls did, I had no clue but she didn't seem to notice that I didn't answer.

At one point during our interview a man with a DSLR camera began taking photos of us and she turned around awkwardly and rolled her eyes and behaved very immaturely about the whole ordeal. She looked about 28 but acted like a stuck up teenager. The entire thing was extremely unprofessional and off-putting.

After about fifteen minutes of questions she said she would be interviewing more applicants for the next two weeks so to not expect a call until then and then she just walked away. She didn't seem interested or invested in the process at all and it was a big disappointment.

Interview Questions
    • How much money our previous jobs made per hour in sales.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lucky Brand Jeans.

I walked in the store and asked if I could speak to the manager. I found out if they were hiring and asked for an application. The process was very simple and the interview was scheduled for the following week. After answering basic "get-to-know-you" questions and typical interview questions, I was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Put together an outfit and sell it to the interviewer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Sales Supervisor Interview

Asked typical question. Why do you want to work for Lucky Brand? Do you know much about our company? The are a competitive company and use the competitiveness to drive associates to sell more to win prizes. They will also ask you to pick out an outfit. Make sure you add on as much as you can and layer. Jeans, shirt, cardigan, belt, jewelry, shoes.

Interview Questions
    • Role play. Show them how you would interact with customers.   Answer Question

Couldnt work that many hours.

Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lucky Brand Jeans in August 2014.

Interview process is pretty intense. Lots of thought provoking questions and also a role playing exercise where you are asked to pick and present an outfit for an opposite sex "customer." Also, every new hire must be interviewed by DM and approved.

Did not need to negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

Was shopping and asked to apply for job in store. Then came in for an interview and they hired me on the spot with no hard questions. Basically your availability

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Extensive interview process. You will interview with at least two store mangers and district manager. Possibly Regional manager for high volume stores. Must know product, coaching, training, and hiring.

Interview Questions
    • How will you help the company grow? How have you hired and developed to the next level?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Lucky Brand Jeans.

Long interview: recruiter, DM, HR, RM and sometimes VP. DM will conduct a "Lucky Impression" Mock selling scenario. They are looking for suggestive selling techniques and engaging with the customer that relates back to product. Staffing questions are in reference to holding team accountable and how? Want to know you are not afraid to turn people. Turn is high at Lucky.

Interview Questions
    • How do you drive the business in you prior positions?   View Answer
    No negotiation!

Part-Time Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Lucky Brand Jeans in May 2014.

They got in touch with me quickly, but the process was drawn out over weeks and weeks. The position is posted constantly, but the slots were full. Seems like a nice company to work for, but I'd make sure right from the get-go that they are actually in need to fill the position.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. It seems they were most interested in your sales technique   Answer Question

Fashion Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lucky Brand Jeans.

I started out in a freelance position, then after working there for several months, they offered me a FT position.

I took a substantial pay cut from my freelance pay, but in return I got a great benefits package. We went back & forth for about a month to iron out all the details.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lucky Brand Jeans.

Filled out an application on the website. Got a call within a week. Came in for an interview- met the manager, had a one on one talk. Then had to do a "Lucky Impression." This will test your sales skills. Got an email that day to schedule my 2nd interview. My second interview consisted of meeting with higher management and doing more skills test. The next day they called me offering me a job!

Interview Questions
    • They want you to ask the questions to see how interested you truly are. They like customer service experience. Tell them what you can bring to the job.   Answer Question