Lucky Brand Jeans Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2015

2.5

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tannersville, PA

Interview

It went well. The DM was easy to talk to and was straight forward in all the questions. The meeting location was great and the interaction was great with all the staff members.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with customers.
      Your Strengths and weekness

Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lucky Brand Jeans (Ontario, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied in person at the store, I called back about a week later to check in on my application, manager asked me to come in for an interview the next day with the hiring manager

Interview Questions

• Interview was split into to parts: traditional questions and in store assesment
      Part 1:
      Why do you want to work here?
      What do you like to do for fun?
      What is an outstanding customer service experience to you? what is a bad one?
      What is your avalibility?
      In your previous work experience did you ever help another employee when they needed help? how? how do you think that made them feel?
      Part 2:
      Gave a specific senario asked you to go around the store and find a mens and womens outfit for the occasion, they must include denim..you must explain why you chose the clothing
      How would you greet a customer who says they are just looking?
      Try to talk a customer out of the dressing room so we can take a look at how everything fits

Answer Question

Part-Time Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Lucky Brand Jeans.

Interview

I applied for a management position for a new store opening and was called within a week or two for an interview with the store manager of the new location. She was very pleasant and passionate about the company. The interview was intense but if you have management experience it is nothing out of the norm. Questions about numbers and scenarios dealing with associates and customers and than some role playing. The role playing was the easiest part! I do it daily in my current management position so I had no problem with it. After the interview she contacted her DM and set up a face to face interview a week later. The DM was just as awesome as the SM! She asked more detailed questions about my current responsibilities and than more role playing! Although she was a very difficult customer I was able to win her over! My references were contacted and I was given an offer within a few days! I am very excited about this opportunity because they seem to truly value their employees and promote within. The store manager, assistant and other supervisor are all internal promotions or transfers for the new store opening! And the manager seems like she's going to be a great mentor as well as the DM.

Interview Questions

• How would you coach an associate who is tasking and not interacting with the customers? What is she gives you push back and says she already greeted them and their just looking?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you've gone above abd beyond for a customer   1 Answer
    • Questions were basic management questions about responsibilities, coaching behaviors, selling techniques and role playing different selling scenarios.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lucky Brand Jeans.

Interview

Manager asked questions off of the paper it was very uncomfortable and awkward as she did not know how to hold a normal conversation or speak to another human being. It took over two months for anything to happen and i only was asked to come in for an interview when I called and was told the manager FORGOT about me and that "yea I guess you can come in for an interview" I should have known then to walk away. I gave her the benefit of the doubt but it was my mistake. After interviewing she told me she would let me know by the end of the week, it was Tuesday, and then ANOTHER month went by with all of my calls and messaged unanswered. When I finally spoke with her i was offered an insulting amount of money based off my experience.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lucky Brand Jeans in April 2015.

Interview

Process was pretty quick and easy. I applied online, got a call the next day, and then scheduled an interview for the day after that. The interview went well with the store manager, who asked your typical retail questions including questions about your past retail experience and how you would handle working at the store.

Interview Questions

• What would be the most challenging part for you while working here?   Answer Question

Part-Time Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lucky Brand Jeans.

Interview

I emailed my resume and cover letter to the store, and I got a phone call to set up an interview the next day. My interview was with the SM, and she began the interview with the typical 'tell me about yourself.' I started by telling her my current job experience, my past work experience, why I was interested in the PT Sup position, and what I was looking for in the future (developing within the company). She then asked me more specific questions about my current position. These questions revolved around my personal and store's KPIs, holding myself and employees accountable, and coaching. We also did role play scenarios for coaching an associate and engaging with a customer using product and with out product. After my interview, the SM called me to schedule a phone interview with the DM. The questions were about work experience & KPIs.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to an associate who is not engaging with customers?   Answer Question
    • Which KPI do you feel is the most important, and why?   1 Answer
    • What does it mean to hold someone accountable?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lucky Brand Jeans (Charlotte, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

I walked in the store and asked for the manager and asked if Lucky Brand Jeans was hiring. Mind, dressing up stylishly when asking for a job is noted by the manager. The store manager introduced herself and gave me her card. She told me to call her as soon as I applied online (she gave instructions on how).

For the interview I dressed fashionably relevant and professional, including Lucky Brand accessories and lookalikes. The store manager interviewed me, and she was very nice and enthusiastic. She asked questions about what would I do in specific customer related situations and how my skill sets would factor into retail. Some of those questions also included how I work autonomously to make the work load more efficient (not just client related). Lastly, she asked why I chose Lucky Brand. By doing your research on the company history, evolution, core values, and charity may give you the bump you need. Knowing Lucky Brand product, especialy the jeans, gives you points.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was Seasonal Sales Associate, so you merely discussed scheduling. However, if I hadn't gotten a new full time job during the season, I would have continued working there after the season as part-time. They love great energy, be the customer's friend and personal stylist, and make your goal sales, and you have a good chance of staying on.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Century City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lucky Brand Jeans (Century City, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I was very excited to get an interview at Lucky Brand especially in such a nice outdoor mall. I wore a blue three quarter sleeve shift dress and dressy sandals and arrived only about five minutes early because my bus was late.

I was paranoid about not arriving ten-fifteen minutes early and out of breath from rushing, but when I went to the cash wrap to say I was there for the interview at 4pm, the sales associate barely acknowledged me and and said I was early and that the manager would be with me in a little while.

So I walked around the store a bit, and after about ten minutes of being awkward, I sat on one of their chairs to wait.

Another candidate walked in late and the sales associate I spoke to said the same thing to her. She sat down next to me and we began talking. After another ten minutes or so (around 4:15 now), she asked me when my interview time was, and hers was 4pm as well.

We waited.
    And waited.
    And waited.

The snooty sales associate said not once, not twice, but THREE times that the manager would be finished soon.

At 4:48, the hiring manager emerged from the back room without an explanation and directed us to go outside for the interview even though it was 90 degrees with blinding sunlight. Another girl arrived just at that moment and the hiring manager didn't even seem to notice that she was almost an entire hour late.

So we sat outside while she stood in front of us about five feet away (and awkward distance when you're in the middle of a busy outdoor mall with lots of noise). So we're all squinting, sweating, and having to almost shout to be heard. The manager seemed weirdly condescending and judgmental, like she wasn't going to give any of us a chance in the first place.

She asked us questions about Lucky Brand and our previous experience, and asked if we knew how much money our previous jobs made per hour. Somehow, the other two girls did, I had no clue but she didn't seem to notice that I didn't answer.

At one point during our interview a man with a DSLR camera began taking photos of us and she turned around awkwardly and rolled her eyes and behaved very immaturely about the whole ordeal. She looked about 28 but acted like a stuck up teenager. The entire thing was extremely unprofessional and off-putting.

After about fifteen minutes of questions she said she would be interviewing more applicants for the next two weeks so to not expect a call until then and then she just walked away. She didn't seem interested or invested in the process at all and it was a big disappointment.

Interview Questions

• How much money our previous jobs made per hour in sales.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lucky Brand Jeans in October 2014.

Interview

I applied in person and the process took only about a week. I was called to set up and interview and the process was rather relaxed. We interviewed for about 30-45 minutes and talked about my experience/ where I find my style inspiration. We did a few role play type things to see how i'd act in certain situations which made me nervous but turned out to be okay. I got a call the same day telling me I got the job which was great as some places choose to wait longer than a few hours to give you anymore info!

Interview Questions

• "Im going to be a woman in my 30s who has a top to try on, act out how you would interact with me while i'm in the fitting room."   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lucky Brand Jeans (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process took about two weeks. Thankfully the DM was in town so that he could also interview me or the process would've taken longer. The first interview was with the Store Manager, it was in the back room/ stock room; it was very relaxed, the manager made me feel welcome. I was nervous for the interview but she was very kind about it. She asked me some basic questions: what am I like, what am I about, where do I go to school, what am I majoring in, previous retail experiences, how to do fit into the Lucky Brand lifestyle/ culture, etc.. Then about a couple days later they called me in last second to interview with the DM; he was very exhausting, he asked me to run around the store for three minutes to create three different outfits for three different people that I had to make up. When I was done I had to explain the backgrounds of said imaginary people and how the outfits I created fit their lifestyle. In theory, it's a good exercise but more for already existing retail employees who know the current/ seasonal brand products & where everything is located or for those employees who need further training.

Interview Questions

• How do you fit into Lucky Brand?   1 Answer