Ludia Interview Questions

Updated Sep 28, 2014

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ludia

Game Programmer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ludia in August 2014.

I was contacted by the HR after 3 week since I applied for the job. I was giving appointment for personal interview.

I went on-site for the interview and the receptionist gave me a NDA saying I should not tell confidential that was shared during the interview process and it is valid for 5 years. It stated Ludia has the right to sue the interview candidate and claim the damage from the individual. I was expecting that some confidential information will be shared with me and I signed the NDA.

After few minutes HR came and took me to the interview room. Later a technical person joined the interview. It was very basic HR question. They asked about how do I know about Ludia. I knew two candidates who worked there in different teams and I mentioned their names. The HR and technical person gave snarky smile. I felt like each team in the company hate each other and are very disintegrated.

Then the technical interview started questions were related to c++, threading, opengl etc. It was all basic questions and then later started to ask about the question about maintaining the software. The maintenance question is more like opinion question and felt like the technical person wanted you to follow his method of programming practice. During the entire technical interview the HR was playing in a mobile phone. I have never seen people so unprofessional that too in an interview. The interview is place where you show professional side of the organization. I don't know how candidates will take the organization seriously and will want to work in it.

The entire interview process lasted for an hour. They were also giving emphasis on french language and asked about my proficiency in french. I know very little french and it was not in my favor. At the end of the interview I already made my decision at that point not to join this organization even I they give me an offer. Even now I really don't know why the hell I sign the NDA when they shared nothing with me. The entire interview was about c++, opengl which everyone know they use for making games.

They are quick in giving the result, they contacted me the next day and told that they decided to proceed with other candidate.

Advice to the Recruitment team:

Please don't play with a damn mobile phone during the interview. You are insulting the interview candidate and making fool of yourselves.

Don't as people to sign NDA for this position if you don’t share any confidential information. The NDA is pointless for this interview. I have signed NDA before the interview for some organizations but they really show some of the future business plans to see how much candidates are involved in the project.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was very fundamental question about c++ and opengl   Answer Question

3D Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ludia in October 2011.

My interview was held at the studio where I met both the Art Director and studio president, who interviewed me. A review over my past credentials and abilities was discussed, and I was asked typical interview questions, like what kind of jobs I'd like to work and what kind of jobs I didn't. What my fellow team mates thought about me, and what I knew about the company. It went by very smoothly, everyone was very nice and down to earth. And at the end of the interview I was told that they would call me the fallowing week, which they did and offered me a contract job.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question was what my team mates thought of me, because some of my fellow team mates from my previous job where already working for the company and I had really no idea what they toughed of me. We never got the opportunity to work together in the past.   Answer Question
    The negotiations lasted over the possibility of the contract job turning into a full time position.