Lufthansa

Lufthansa Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2014
Updated Jul 28, 2014

Passenger Service Interview

I got in through a friend who knew a manager there

Flight Attendant Interview

First round is phone interview. Second round is face to face interview. Some behavioral questions during second round. And if you are recruiting for a regional flight attendant, you may also be tested your native language(fox example, Chinese, Japanese). Also a role play part during second round interview - you were given a stressful or difficult situation on board.They watch how you handle with such difficult situation as a flight attendant.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. The salary and bonus are all fixed.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lufthansa in February 2010.

Was called for the interview then sent for an assessment and last got the acceptance and package.

Interview Questions
    • What was a difficult situation you encountered and how did you turn it around?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    It is straight forward and short

the United States Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lufthansa.

I filled out the online application form, completed three short online assessment tests, and was invited to a telephone interview. The telephone interview was conducted in English (approx. 45 minutes), and I was asked several questions concerning my motivation, my studies, and my former internship. It was a two-person interview and they gave me plenty of information about the internship and the situation of Lufthansa in general and specifically the US. The entire interview was very pleasant.

I did not negotiate the contract terms as Lufthansa usually makes rather straight-forward contracts with its employees. The salary for interns can be considered above-average.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

(Translated from English)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lufthansa in January 2013.

Zuerst eine Einladung zu einem telefonischen Bewerbungsgespräch, das ungefähr 40 Minuten dauerte. Zwei Tage später bekam ich eine Einladung zu einem persönlichen Gespräch in ihrem Büro, das ungefähr 1 Stunde dauerte.

Das Telefoninterview überprüfte meine Berufserfahrung und gab mir einen besseren Überblick über die Anforderungen der Stelle. Das persönliche Bewerbungsgespräch zielte darauf ab, die Reaktion des Bewerbers auf verschiedene Situationen zu ermitteln.

First invitation to a telephone interview which took about 40 minutes. After 2 days I got an invitation for a personal interview in their office which took about 1 hour.
    The telephone interview reviewed my experience and gave a better overview of the tasks of the job. The personal interview was aiming at finding out about ones reaction within various cases.

Interview Questions
    • Die schwierigsten Fragen waren unvorhergesehene Situationen, mit denen man konfrontiert wurde, aber mit ein bisschen logischem Denken waren sie leicht zu beantworten.   Most difficult questions were unexpected cases which were presented, but with a bit of logical thinking they were easy to answer   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Lufthansa in September 2012.

The University arranged everything, I came to the working place for the interview just 1 day before my actual start date of internship.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview...Where are you from...What would you like to do/ work in which department?   Answer Question

International Airline Professional Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lufthansa.

Resume submission to a random job ad posting form a college site. Telephone interview scheduled via email. 20-30 min telephone email with friendly HR recruiter -> Interview with local management -> individual and group interview in Germany with program manager and psychologist followed by an assessement done with metric system and European style calculations. Hired one month before start date.

Interview Questions
    • Computer test of mostly analytical questions, time-based. Interview with psychologist. They want to know how much you love Germany and its culture.   Answer Question
    No negotiation considered. Standard salary for all trainees.

Customer Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brno (Czech Republic)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brno (Czech Republic)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Lufthansa in April 2011.

Interview in English and German. Simultaneous phone call with HR. Test of intelligence (maths, filling word in row...)

HR called in 2 days

Call Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Town (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Town (South Africa)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lufthansa in October 2009.

Phn interview