Lulu.com

Profile Unclaimed

Lulu.com Interview Questions

3.6

Intern Interview

Initial general interaction. They explained about work done by company and the work culture of company.

Interview Questions
    • Initial interview about interest in company and education and work background.   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lulu.com in February 2013.

Very polished interview process. Excellent communication and frequent touch-points to let me know where I was in the process. I enjoyed it.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of questions about risk taking - a nice change from the normal corporate interview questions.   Answer Question
    Be up front about your skillset and expectations with ANY job offer - better to walk away from a deal than get 6 months in and have regrets about your salary (or worse, for your employer to have regrets about your performance).

Services Fulfillment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Lulu.com.

It took six weeks and HR was very vague through the process. I did a few phone interviews and a four person panel interview a couple of weeks later. Also, a very in-depth background check is performed, and they want every supervisor from your listed jobs to vouch for you. After six weeks, I was offered employment but was never told what the rate would be, and I was shocked. It was barely above minimum wage. Learned my lesson to always know pay before wasting six weeks of time.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were average, things like "Tell us about a time when you resolved a customer's issue and turned a negative situation around?"   Answer Question
    No room to negotiate. Worked for staffing agency very low wage, hoping it would lead to more.

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lulu.com in March 2012.

Two phone interviews, a four-person round-robin behavioral interview (very grueling), and a final interview with the CEO.

Interview Questions
    • Think of a time you took a risk in your career and failed. How did you handle the failure and what did you learn?   View Answer
    There was no negotiating on salary. I was told the salary would be below my previous salary, but it exceeded my expectations - particularly with the stock options and level of benefits.

User Experience Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lulu.com in May 2011.

Phone Screen, and two rounds of in person interviews. First round included HR manager, then with the director of software development, then with one set of members of the team. The team interviews included a code review and discussion of various rendering techniques, as well as a separate white-board talk w/a different set of team members. The second round in-person interviews was with executive staff.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult set of questions surprisingly enough came from the product management director, who was interviewing the position as if they were hiring a product manager, and got very grumpy when I didn't answer questions correctly about business models, pricing strategies, and running marketing campaigns.   Answer Question

Customer Voice Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lulu.com in November 2010.

I initially submitted my resume through Lulu's job section and not long after received an e-mail asking if I could participate in a phone interview. I had an initial phone interview with the HR scout, followed by another phone interview with the person who would become my team lead. The next round was a set of three 20-30 minute interviews with three different people. As if that wasn't grueling enough, I was called back in to meet with the Senior Talent Manager (who is no longer with the company, thankfully) who was incredibly direct and borderline rude. I barely had a chance to start answering a question before she would interject with her own two cents or ask another question. Finally, after a total of 6 interviews I was given an offer and I accepted. I then submitted to a background check which took a week to complete and then spent nearly another week going back and forth with the aforementioned HR scout about my start date. On Monday she asked if I could start the following day, and later that afternoon said maybe Wednesday. On Wednesday she asked if I could start on Thursday only to change it again to possibly Friday. After no word on Thursday I finally got a call after normal business hours on Friday to ask if I could start the following Tuesday. All this inconsistency should've been an eye-opener, but I like to give the benefit of the doubt whenever possible.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a very upset customer and how you handled the situation. What was the outcome.   Answer Question
    • What has been the biggest challenge of your life?   Answer Question
    Lulu offers pretty low salaries to anyone on the customer service end of the spectrum, so feel free to try and negotiate as best you can. With the money they waste on refunds/reorders to customers and the outrageous salaries of upper-level management, they have enough to go around.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Lulu.com in April 2007.

Very laid back, like the company. Asked a mix of serious questions and more personal (what's on your iPod).

Interview Questions
    Ended up as an unpaid internship, negotiated part time terms.

General Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Lulu.com in February 2010.

The HR rep took abt 10 mins trying to figure out whether I got laid off without asking it outright. I was not, but the questions made it seem like the company would discount potential employees who have been laid off even if performance was not a factor. I did not understand why it would be important to know if I was laid off as many quality employees have been laid off due to the economy.

Then the rep remarked on a slight gap on my resume and asked if I had quit without another job lined up. I said "yes," then the HR rep gasped and asked, "how did you do it? Did you have savings?" I was so taken aback that I just said "yes" and the response after that was "but still.."

Interview was fine after but the first half left a bad taste in my mouth.