Lumber Liquidators

Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

Interviewed at Lumber Liquidators

Interview Details – Very quick and easy. Typical retail sales interview. Laid back and straight forward. Dress is business casual. Of course you want to show up on time. The regional staff will most likely do the interview and they are all very nice.

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation

Auditor Interview

Auditor

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Lumber Liquidators in April 2012.

Interview Details – The process was a long drawn out affair. From the initial job application to the first response back from the company it took over 3 weeks. After having two rounds of phone interviews, then an in person interview and tour of the office, I waited to hear back from them regarding an offer. They kept stringing me along for nearly 2 months and then stopped communicating.

Interview Question – How would you prioritize assignments that had varying due dates and timelines?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager II Interview

Assistant Store Manager II
Greenville, NC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lumber Liquidators.

Interview Details – Phone call then in person interview. Was shown the warehouse and informed about the job.
Second interview with RM a week later hired.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Weak. they did not budge on pay offer.

ASM1 Interview

ASM1
Newark, DE

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lumber Liquidators in May 2010.

Interview Details – The process was easy , you meet and answer questions. They tell you about how important it is to sell wood and tell you how un retail this job is. Danger is what you need to watch be car about anyone who works here please watch your self it's sometimes scary.

Interview Question – All basic sales questions , sell me your pen or phone , what did you like /dislike from last job and boss etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They tell you you can make more then you will depending on how much wood you ship each month not sell

Assistant Manager II Interview

Assistant Manager II

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lumber Liquidators.

Interview Details – In the back room which is dirty, you'll notice that this is an unprofesional place right away. Manager looks like a butcher. Very easy process. 2 interviews.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Lumber Liquidators?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They say there is room for negotiation but theres not there offer is there offfer. And the 40,000 they say youll make depends on alot of things such as overtime, incredible sales, and tips. You will not make 40,000!

Asm I Interview

Asm I
Columbia, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lumber Liquidators in August 2012.

Interview Details – the hiring process was quick and orderly. took me only a week to get through the whle process and start work. management was really laid back during the whole process. even the regional manager was a personable person, not a corporate robot.

Interview Question – why would you seek employment with us vs your current job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none, they gave me a very fair wage based on my experiences. actually paid me more than i expected.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lumber Liquidators in June 2012.

Interview Details – Rather straight forward. They will tell you its hard work but rewarding. They will tell you its family friendly. It is mainly decided by your personality. If you have a outgoing personality and do not act as if getting dirty bothers you its a plus. Dress to impress.I have worked for the company twice now. First time around it was a 1 on 1 interview. They have now started holding group interviews. Make yourself stand out.

Interview Question – They are all common. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered an amount and told me it was non negotiable but the new hires are getting anywhere from 13 to 16/hr + bonus starting.

ASM1 Interview

ASM1
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lumber Liquidators in March 2012.

Interview Details – Since the brain drain is so high due to erratic decisions by the management team (one man show) in the Canadian Operation, anyone who is ready to physically carry about a few hundred cartons of hardwood flooring weighing about 80 - 100 pounds, will get a job. To sustain in that job one has to be a real YES MASTER.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift about 60 -80 pounds frequently?   View Answer
  • Please try to be as detailed as possible regarding the technical question, business case, etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no room for negotiation, as an ASM 2 one will get about $12 / hr, as an ASM 1,company offers $ 13 to $14 , it all depends on the sales director in the Canadian division (if he is in good mood or not). Store managers have no say on their people, not to blame the Sales director for this, as he has only puppets and yes masters, who are school drop outs as a Store managers and does not have the potential to speak up.

Assistant Store Manager I Interview

Assistant Store Manager I
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lumber Liquidators in February 2013.

Interview Details – Its just a name sake interview as the interviewer himself (including the sales director) is not a professional with hardly any educational background, you cannot expect a professional interview.

Interview Question – Its a cake walk for even a school drop out as the interviewers in the LL Canadian division are themselves school drop outs and do not know to ask professional questions. So its better not to prepare for the interview ..........   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation at all, they mentioned that this is what they can offer and if one is ready to take the job, one can go ahead.

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Lumber Liquidators.

Interview Details – Talked to a few people briefly.

Interview Question – What's your name?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You get this. Okay.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lumber Liquidators

Worked for Lumber Liquidators? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lumber Liquidators interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lumber Liquidators employees and interview candidates.