Lumber Liquidators Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2015

1.9

Assistant Store Manager II Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lumber Liquidators.

Interview

Simple interview, offer by phone, electronic acceptance of background check and urine drug test at a local facility then on boarding via email. Done in less than 72 hours. I was firm with my start date even though he pressured for me to start sooner

Interview Questions

• 45 minute interview where I went over my past experience and asked him questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non exisitant...$35k base take it or leave it

Commercial Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toano, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lumber Liquidators (Toano, VA).

Interview

I had a single in house interview with sales manager/director and a VP. They were on time and seemed to be very interested in hearing what I had to say about my background.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you over anyone we interview for this position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a number and I accepted it. It was a low amount, accompanied by a promise of a 6 month growth period after which I would receive a promotion.

General Employment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lumber Liquidators (Seattle, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

Met with the store manager and area manager to discuss employment with a potential to lead to manager. Both individuals were pleasant to talk to and very open to discussing what each position paid from sales, to Asst. Mgr., to Mgr. Also discussed job duties and expectations and the reality that each position would be 45-55 hours weekly. Looks like a good place to work with a laid back corporate culture and fun, albeit busy, work environment.

Interview Questions

• Would I be comfortable working for a starting wage far below my preference even though I would likely work up to store manager within a relatively short period of time.   Answer Question

Unfortunately, given my experience, I need to have a beginning starting wage higher than they are willing to offer.

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toano, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Lumber Liquidators (Toano, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online... Got a call from HR 3 weeks later discussing my pay, I had asked for more than they wanted to pay... Told me hours over phone and gave me a 10 min interview... Phone interview Friday called to set up in person interview monday.. Had interview on wednesday... Didnt get an answer for two weeks got an email saying going with other candidates and please apply for another position in the future

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Very quick and easy. Typical retail sales interview. Laid back and straight forward. Dress is business casual. Of course you want to show up on time. The regional staff will most likely do the interview and they are all very nice.

Negotiation

there is no negotiation

Assistant Store Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lumber Liquidators (Greenville, NC).

Interview

Phone call then in person interview. Was shown the warehouse and informed about the job.
    Second interview with RM a week later hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Weak. they did not budge on pay offer.

Assistant Manager II Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lumber Liquidators.

Interview

In the back room which is dirty, you'll notice that this is an unprofesional place right away. Manager looks like a butcher. Very easy process. 2 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Lumber Liquidators?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They say there is room for negotiation but theres not there offer is there offfer. And the 40,000 they say youll make depends on alot of things such as overtime, incredible sales, and tips. You will not make 40,000!

Warehouser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lumber Liquidators (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2013.

Interview

Easy two interview process applied via email got called in met my store manager, chosen out of a few candidates for a second interview met another local store manager for that interview pretty much knew the job was mine my coworkers were introduced Had to take a drugs test and background check and about Two weeks later i was working.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about flooring.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Aaked for more told it would come soon

Asm I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lumber Liquidators (Columbia, MO) in August 2012.

Interview

the hiring process was quick and orderly. took me only a week to get through the whle process and start work. management was really laid back during the whole process. even the regional manager was a personable person, not a corporate robot.

Interview Questions

• why would you seek employment with us vs your current job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none, they gave me a very fair wage based on my experiences. actually paid me more than i expected.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lumber Liquidators (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

Rather straight forward. They will tell you its hard work but rewarding. They will tell you its family friendly. It is mainly decided by your personality. If you have a outgoing personality and do not act as if getting dirty bothers you its a plus. Dress to impress.I have worked for the company twice now. First time around it was a 1 on 1 interview. They have now started holding group interviews. Make yourself stand out.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered an amount and told me it was non negotiable but the new hires are getting anywhere from 13 to 16/hr + bonus starting.