Lumedx

4.0

Helpdesk Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lumedx.

LUMEDX interview for HELPDESK ADMINISTRATOR

Phone and in-person interview questions (and some answers)

1. what is port 25?
    -SMTP

2. I was shown an image of a monitor with a garbage signal.
    -failed video card

3. windows 7 installs with the firewall already set to on or off?
    -On

4. I was shown an image of a monitor displaying a black screen with a drive not found error or something like that.
    -The drive is bad and will need to be replaced.

5. I was asked to know the netstat command. How to display all the network ports.

6. I was asked to know the route print command. How to display the routing table on a PC.

7. A laptop fails to boot and you must save the data. How to do you do it?
       -Remove the drive and connect it to a USB adapter to connect to a computer and copy the files off.

8. I was shown the output of route print on a computer and asked why a 192.x.x.x ip address cannot be reached. The routing table does not have a route to the 192 network and there is a default route listed.
    -I think he said the TCP/IP settings are missing the default gateway address on that workstation.

9. I was asked how to share files between computers on a network, how to make files available to multiple users.
    -workgroup, homegroup, public folders, sharing (?)

10. I was asked why a user from one domain or workgroup cannot access a resource on a server but another user in another workgroup or domain can. There are no network problems.
    -something about the user assumed expired certificates from a previous user that had left. (?)

11. I was shown an image of a browser that cannot display the web page. It is not a 404. It will refer to expired certificates or no authorization or something like that. What could cause that to happen?, you'll be asked.
    -???

12. I was asked what is the recent Service Pack number for Windows 7
    -at the time of this writing it was Service Pack 1

13. I was asked what the last service pack version for Windows XP is.
    - 3?

14. I was asked what features or services in Windows XP does Microsoft no longer offer support for.
    -???

15. I was asked how to secure data on a drive (and maybe how to transport it securely?)
    - use bitlocker and a USB drive.

16. I was asked what to do if a client is unable to access their Outlook inbox, and is prompted for username and password credentials every time they try.
    - their password may have expired, they should try logging out and back in again, or changing their password.

17. How do you set up a VPN in Windows 7?
    - You go to the Network and Sharing Center in control panel | set up a new connection | connect to a workplace...

After the initial phone screen by HR, and before the in-person interview, there is a 30 minute phone interview that involves some of the questions above.

The position also involves being on-call while at home every third week. This means taking a company phone and tablet home with you and answering random troubles and requests at any hour of the night. This was not mentioned in the job posting. This was mentioned at the tail end of the interview.

Test Engineer Interview

Total 3 rounds of interview
    1. Question on testing and question on trouble shooting and SQL by any senior test engineer
    2. Same Question as in Round 1 but asked by leads and managers
    3. Hr round

Interview Questions
    they usually shortlist those people whose salary is very less and pay them decent money as their salary is less

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lumedx in January 2009.

Interview by skilled person for long time

Interview Questions