Lumension Security Interview Questions & Reviews

3.3

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lumension Security in November 2009.

Met with CEO, TS Manager, IT Manager, and Sales VP. Behavioral questions, Technical questions and how to questions

Interview Questions
    • Build me a trashcan, build me a house, describe to me how to tie your shoe   View Answer
    Initial offer too low, re-described my qualifications and value I bring to the company, submitted my salary requirements, they met it

Build Master/CM Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lumension Security in May 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview with Lumension. I was told they had just acquired a company in Austin so I would be able to work here. I had a job but I figured I should listen anyhow.

My first interview was a phone interview with a Jr CM. He was very knowledgeable, and thought he was interviewing me since I would be his manager. He said that he had been told working in Austin is no big deal as they have offices around the world. It was a standard interview and I passed.

The second interview was a panel with the Austin office. We phoned in the Scottsdale office which included the VP of the Development. I passed with flying colors, had a tour of the office, and was told that working in Austin was no big deal or they wouldn't be wasting their time on me.

The third interview was with the VP of Development here in Austin. That also went well, again I was told working in Austin would be fine though I would be spending some time in Scottsdale at first to learn the system. All common answers and seemed to be a sure thing.

Finally my recruiter called me up and gave me weak reasons why I didn't qualify technically (which if were true would never have gotten me a personal trip from the VP.) She was also told they were never cleared to hire a person outside of Scottsdale.

It was a total waste of time except for interviewing experience I guess. I believe i'm better off that i did not get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about developers branching 4 levels off of a mainline.   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lumension Security in February 2010.

I was contacted by several Recruiters for a position at Lumension. After speaking with one of the Recruiters, I accepted the initial phone interview and spoke with a VP at Lumension. The interview peaked my interest and I accepted another interview, this time with a visiting Sr. VP. That interview provided me with an invitation to present to the original Departmental VP and give a presentation. The presentation went well and it was determined that they would make a decision before the Company kick-off in May.

I never heard from the VP. One of the recruiters indicated that they had sent several very good people to this VP that were not selected. I received several calls from other Recruiters about this position throughout the process which made me wonder why so many were contacting me or why Lumension couldn't find an acceptable candidate in this market - many red flags.

My assessment was that they were/are looking for the perfect candidate - Good Luck!

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you were able to persuade or provide insight into a particular technology.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lumension Security

Worked for Lumension Security? Contribute to the Community!