Luminant

Updated Sep 21, 2014
Updated Sep 21, 2014

2.8

Civil Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Luminant.

Interviewed over the phone, good questions-mostly the stereotypical questions. The paperwork was the most difficult part, hard to be thoroughly checked and trained before being able to head to work at the plant. Probably had to fill out 10 different forms, and that's before the training started.

Interview Questions

Wanted more experience close to school and home (in Missouri).

Maintenance Interview

This company will hire interns during refueling outages for temporary labor. Good way to get your foot in the door. They also have a college program if you go into one of the fields they need

Interview Questions
    • Lots of canned of the shelf questions. Study ANY generic interview guide and you'll do well. They do have a "placement" exam to make certain you can do math and are familiar with some science.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Union plant for the most part.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Luminant.

I did a phone interview after the initial face to face contact with a campus recruiter. Got an offer a couple weeks later.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Luminant in September 2012.

Met them at the career fair and they set me up for an interview right away.

Reclamation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kosse, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kosse, TX

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Luminant in January 2012.

A phone interview with multiple managers and executives asked questions focused on previous experience and projects. I received a call back the next day telling me they wanted to fly me out for an onsite interview and dinner. The following day we visited the job site and saw all the activities that would go into the job. Within a few days a got the call extending an offer, but it was to a location that was not desirable for my situation. They were very willing to work with me on alternate locations and understood the concern, but were unable to come up with a solution that fit my needs and the company so I decided to decline the offer and accept an offer from a different company.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of computer based engineering programs have you worked with?   View Answer

The location was not where we wanted to live.

HSE Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Luminant in August 2012.

So far I've completed a phone interview. It lasted about a half hour and consisted of the standard questions you would expect; "Tell me about your background", "Why are you a good fit" etc. I was allowed to ask questions at the end. I was told to expect the position to be filled by early September. So far I have not heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult or tense situation and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Luminant.

I was contacted by HR and a phone interview was scheduled. Next I was called in for a site visit and face to face interview. Next I was given an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty typical. Weaknesses, strengths, why do you want to work here, etc   Answer Question