Luminex

Updated Oct 13, 2014
Updated Oct 13, 2014

1.4

Intern Interview

just asked me a few questions about my knowledge of company and also my programming skills. It was a very fun and relaxed interview. He then introduced me to the rest of the team and to his boss for approval.

Associate Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Luminex.

The overall hiring and interview process was quick. The people were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    Salary was not negotiable.

Software QA Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Luminex in November 2012.

A phone interview with the Sr. Director of Software R&D. Then an email saying that for the first on-site interview, 3 hours will be suffice. I wondered what he meant by 'first' on-site interview. But since he said 3 hours, I took half day off from office and he only interviewed me for an hour and told me that I will definitely have to come for 2 more on-site interviews. Then he scheduled and cancelled appointment 4 times.....yes 4 times - Nov 16, then to Nov 12, Nov 21 and finally Nov 26 (and a total of 30 emails). Half a day interview - first interview was with VP and it was scheduled for half an hour and he was late by 22 minutes. So, he spent additional 10 minutes (so a total of 18 minutes). He didn't seem at all interested in me. Figured that they probably have found a better fit. After half a day interview with 6 people (and most of them seemed the same way), dropped by at Sr. Director of SW R&D's office just to convey thanks for arranging the interview. He said he would let me know the result within a week or so. There was no news in a week for sure - and checked the website and found that the job posting wasn't there anymore. So, figured that they found their best fit. But was surprised to find out that they didn't even have the simplest courtesy to send me a regret letter.

Interview Questions
    • No question was difficult. But everyone seemed apathetic. If they already found their best fit, they should have cancelled the interview with me and not waste my time. Plus, a letter, email or phone call would have been nice to let me know that I was not selected. I expected them to be more professional.   View Answer

Reagent Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Luminex in October 2012.

Applied through a staffing agency. Had a phone screening which lasted for 1 hour. All the questions pertained to my current position. Had a face to face interview and tour of the facilities a week later. I was told that I would be informed of their decision within a week. I was never notified of any decision.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. All the questions related to my current position at another company. They asked me what I do, why I want to leave the current company etc. If I was fresh out of college I would expect more behavioral type questions.   Answer Question

Senior Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Luminex in December 2011.

Met with 3 VP's that I would be supporting. Very positive experience.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Luminex in December 2008.

Gor called for an interview, one on one first, then group, the presentation.

None