Luminex

Very Easy Interview

Software QA Manager Interview

Software QA Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Luminex in November 2012.

Interview Details – A phone interview with the Sr. Director of Software R&D. Then an email saying that for the first on-site interview, 3 hours will be suffice. I wondered what he meant by 'first' on-site interview. But since he said 3 hours, I took half day off from office and he only interviewed me for an hour and told me that I will definitely have to come for 2 more on-site interviews. Then he scheduled and cancelled appointment 4 times.....yes 4 times - Nov 16, then to Nov 12, Nov 21 and finally Nov 26 (and a total of 30 emails). Half a day interview - first interview was with VP and it was scheduled for half an hour and he was late by 22 minutes. So, he spent additional 10 minutes (so a total of 18 minutes). He didn't seem at all interested in me. Figured that they probably have found a better fit. After half a day interview with 6 people (and most of them seemed the same way), dropped by at Sr. Director of SW R&D's office just to convey thanks for arranging the interview. He said he would let me know the result within a week or so. There was no news in a week for sure - and checked the website and found that the job posting wasn't there anymore. So, figured that they found their best fit. But was surprised to find out that they didn't even have the simplest courtesy to send me a regret letter.

Interview Question – No question was difficult. But everyone seemed apathetic. If they already found their best fit, they should have cancelled the interview with me and not waste my time. Plus, a letter, email or phone call would have been nice to let me know that I was not selected. I expected them to be more professional.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Luminex? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Luminex Software QA Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Luminex employees and interview candidates.