Lush Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lush (Bridgeport, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

First interview was a group interview of about 20-25 people. We did a stretch warm up and then went to two different stations to learn demos and sales. Then we had to do a demo on someone. Te manager pulled people out of the groups to do one on ones through out. That was it. Then the second interview was a more in depth look at demos and how to do them well-- then we tried with a partner and were given feedback on how to improve then given another chance. That's the gist of it

Interview Questions

• How would we deal with a bad day and still come to work   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lush (Santa Monica, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

There was a group interview. A large amount of people showed up so we were broken into about 5 groups of 5 or 6 people. Each group had a different task. The first was getting info about the company and explaining what ethic was our favorite, second we had to watch how the employee sold and demoed a massage bar and then we had to demonstrate it and also name three things we learned about our partner, third was a conversation about our availability, plans of how long we planned to be with the company, and had to sell something we had on us. The fourth was watching a demo and learning on the charity pot lotion then we had to demonstrate to another person. We also named any charity we had took part in.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lush (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

Asked a handful of questions and rated how well they liked my answers on a 1-5 scale as we went. After I was shown how to use 4 products and had to do a little roleplaying with one of the employees and try to make a sale. I had that one demonstration to memorize all of the ingredients in the products and recite them back during the roleplay session while still sounding natural.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lush.

Interview

Got there about 15 minutes early, me and about 25 other people waited about 30 minutes past interview time because the recruitment team wasn't prepared. Finally got into the interview room(Lush store hasn't opened yet) they gave us nametags, split us up into groups of about 6 and had us to go four different "booths" where each specialized in a certain product. After that, we were interviewed by the MIT(Manager In Training) in groups of 3 then we demoed a product of our choice to our partner and vice versa.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the difference between customer service and customer experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lush (Brea, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Well, i went in for the first time ask the cashier if they were hiring. She told me "yes, you need to bring a resume" by that time i had my resume ready with me. She ask me to do a demo and ask three questions. she told me they were going to call me for an interview after store hours. I came in and there was like other 20 people. they separates us into different groups and did demos to each other.

Interview Questions

• Whats your spirit animal? Which lush product describes you? Whats your dream job?   Answer Question

Sales Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lush (San Juan, PR) in February 2015.

Interview

It was fairly easy, the recruiting team were all friendly and courteous. We had a 10 question test which it takes approximately 15 minutes to answer, after that it was the product demo with one another. After that I got the interview with one of the guys from the recruitment team, that part of the interview was very nice, it felt like I was having a nice conversation with a friend, the questions were easier than the ones that appeared on the test. I got the second call.And I'm waiting for the third part of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Lush?, What do you expect from the manager?, Mention the most stressful situation in your previous job and how did you handled it?, mention a situation at work that made you proud, Why do you think you are the ideal candidate and why should we pick you?, What do you know about Lush? What is your favorite product?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lush in November 2014.

Interview

I showed up to the shop, and was given a piece of paper to fill out with maybe 5 questions, and an availability sheet. Sat down with three other girls, and was asked questions by the manager. Then we split up and were briefly taught how to demo a product, and then had to demo it ourselves. Then we had a one on one sit down with the manager, and could just walk around the stuff while waiting for the other girls to finish. Once you were done with your interview you could leave though, even if the other girls weren't done. My suggestions to get hired would be to be *very* outgoing. As long as you can talk to random strangers, you'll be fine. Be happy and positive. More then anything though just let your personality shine through. If you're trying to fake it, it'll be obvious. You don't have to go overboard to seem fun and likeable. Also, when in the group definitely find a good balance of putting yourself out there, but not looking like you're trying to overshadow anyone else. Help make the other girls look good, since Lush looks for team players. If you like the company for the cosmetics portion of that, let them know that, but also try to highlight the ethical side of the company as well. If you can even back it up with some of what you do (for example, I'm vegan, so I mentioned that was why I loved the ethics of the company), then you're gold. Talk about your values and how the company fits with that, so it doesn't seem you like you're just spouting off random company facts. Also, don't worry too much about the demoing part of it. You don't need to know every product before you go there (In fact, I knew none of them, I had just heard of Lush a few weeks before when I applied). There're looking for raw talent, not refined skills. Be confident, and show that you're good at retaining some knowledge (for example, if they list 3 ingredients in the product they're demoing, try to remember at least 2). If you don't remember everything, that's okay. Don't get flustered. There will be times on the shop floor in the beginning where you may be talking about a product and you don't know any of the ingredients. They want to see that you'll remain calm, and be able to work around that. Also, availability plays a huge key in this. If you're available three times a week you may have a harder time get hired. It's okay to not be available a day or two, and you don't have to be available all day for the days you can work, just try to make it so you can work a few days a week if they need it. Weekends are definitely a huge part of this. If you can't work Fri-Sun at all, you may not get hired, unless they're looking for someone who can specifically work during the weekdays. The weekends though are the time (my shop at least) need the most people. If you need Sundays off, or maybe Saturday, that's fine, but don't block out your whole weekend if you can avoid it. Be confident, look prepared (but not too fakely prepared), and have fun! That's all there is too it, and then the rest it just up to what the shop needs and who else is applying.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lush (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Was referred to the shop manager by a friend who currently works at the shop. The manager emailed me to set up an interview. The interview consisted of the shop manager and myself and another person being interviewed for the position at the same time. The manager asked us the same questions and we would answer after each other. Pretty basic questions such as: "Tell me about your work background?" "What did you like/dislike about your previous position?" "Why do you want to work for Lush?" "What can you bring to this position?" Shop manager made us feel very comfortable and was very friendly throughout the whole process. We both were offered the position on the spot and accepted. It was a quick and painless process. Discussed scheduling at the end of our interview and set up a time to come back and sign hiring papers.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions. But be sure to know something about the product and company and show that you know it during the interview!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lush (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

There was an extremely long "getting-to-know-you" type interview process, and it felt like a college orientation. We had to do a ton of telling about ourselves, and they asked some questions about how much we loved the product. It was pleasant, but felt a little too unstructured, and I ultimately had to leave early since I hadn't planned on the interview running for 3+ hours.

Interview Questions

• They passed out M&M's and told you to take as many as you wanted; then you had to give a piece of information about your life for each M&M that you took.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lush.

Interview

Emailed my resume and cover letter to the store. Got an email back inviting me to a hiring party. There were about 10 other girls. We spilt into pairs and did "demos" on each other. They just want to see that you're able to hold a conversation really and obtain information. The employees walked around listening while the manager held very short interviews outside. Was asked why do you want to work here, what would you do if your co-worker was in a bad mood, typical interview questions but really short.