Lush Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lush (Santa Monica, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

There was a group interview. A large amount of people showed up so we were broken into about 5 groups of 5 or 6 people. Each group had a different task. The first was getting info about the company and explaining what ethic was our favorite, second we had to watch how the employee sold and demoed a massage bar and then we had to demonstrate it and also name three things we learned about our partner, third was a conversation about our availability, plans of how long we planned to be with the company, and had to sell something we had on us. The fourth was watching a demo and learning on the charity pot lotion then we had to demonstrate to another person. We also named any charity we had took part in.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lush

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Lush (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2015.

Interview

This was unlike any other interview I've attended. There were about 20 of us at the hiring fair, which was the first round of interviewing. They first did an icebreaker activity to get to know one another. The other people there were very sweet and chatty! After that, they asked us to break up into groups and the sales associates/assistant manager had us do two product demos. We were asked to try our best to remember and recall product info about two specific items, and test them on each other. We got pulled out of the group one by one for a short interview with the manager. Overall really casual and fun, lighthearted, but a bit intimidating being in such a big group.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability? Why do you want to work for Lush?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lush (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

Asked a handful of questions and rated how well they liked my answers on a 1-5 scale as we went. After I was shown how to use 4 products and had to do a little roleplaying with one of the employees and try to make a sale. I had that one demonstration to memorize all of the ingredients in the products and recite them back during the roleplay session while still sounding natural.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lush.

Interview

Got there about 15 minutes early, me and about 25 other people waited about 30 minutes past interview time because the recruitment team wasn't prepared. Finally got into the interview room(Lush store hasn't opened yet) they gave us nametags, split us up into groups of about 6 and had us to go four different "booths" where each specialized in a certain product. After that, we were interviewed by the MIT(Manager In Training) in groups of 3 then we demoed a product of our choice to our partner and vice versa.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the difference between customer service and customer experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Lush (Brea, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Well, i went in for the first time ask the cashier if they were hiring. She told me "yes, you need to bring a resume" by that time i had my resume ready with me. She ask me to do a demo and ask three questions. she told me they were going to call me for an interview after store hours. I came in and there was like other 20 people. they separates us into different groups and did demos to each other.

Interview Questions

• Whats your spirit animal? Which lush product describes you? Whats your dream job?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lush.

Interview

Emailed my resume and cover letter to the store. Got an email back inviting me to a hiring party. There were about 10 other girls. We spilt into pairs and did "demos" on each other. They just want to see that you're able to hold a conversation really and obtain information. The employees walked around listening while the manager held very short interviews outside. Was asked why do you want to work here, what would you do if your co-worker was in a bad mood, typical interview questions but really short.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lush (Honolulu, HI) in July 2014.

Interview

I had posted a review earlier from my first interview completely praising the experience (I stand by that). I thought that I didn't get offered a position, but it turns out that they were just a few days late on calling me to invite me to a second interview, culture hour!
    I got the call and came in about 1 week later, near closing. The manager interviewed me outside for about five minutes. He gave me some unexpected questions that I'll include below. The interview was one on one. Then we went in the store, and we discussed which products were most unfamiliar to me, which was shower gels. He "sold" it to me by going through the sales technique and then I did that back to him. It was really important to remember the ingredients that he mentioned when he demoed them on me. We did this two times. The second time he pretended to be a more difficult customer. If yours does that, just go with it and be polite and happy still. Demoing and not making a mess as you try to remember everything he told me and still follow the selling guideline was the hardest part.
    3 days later he called and said I'm hired! He was super nice and I love the staff that's there. Also the employee discount is 50% and he was extremely understanding about me having another part-time job.
    Hint: I recommend that you stretch the truth a little, if you know a product pretty well, say you don't. Still only include the information that the interviewer gives you, but then you'll be familiar with using the product so you don't have to worry about that as you scramble to remember the selling format and ingredients.

Interview Questions

• If you had never been to Lush before, what would you think about it just based on the outside windows?
      Tell me about a time when you formed a friendship with a customer and how did that come about.
      When was a time when you got really great customer service?

Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable, $10 per hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lush (Bridgewater, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was called the next day by the store's manager, informing me that I had been invited to a hiring party. A hiring party is a group interview; my group had four other women.

They began by asking us (in a group) to introduce ourselves and describe what our previous job experiences were. Try to stand out and be memorable! For example, I used my experience in Greek life and hosting rush events as sales experience. This stood out against other candidates, who mostly cited experience waitressing.

Next, they took us to the store to try products on each other. A sales associate would demonstrate a product on one of the interviewees (be sure to volunteer!) and describe the product. Then, we mimicked the demo on fellow interviewees. Don't take it too seriously! Have fun, laugh, and enjoy yourself. They're looking for people who can interact with customers naturally and are approachable, so keep that in mind.

While we were doing the demos, the managers would pull a candidate one by one for individual interviews. They ask about availability, strengths and weaknesses, etc. Have a few examples in your head of: when you've worked in a team, how you handled a situation that was going wrong, what you think makes a good manager, and strengths and weaknesses. Again, be confident! Working at LUSH is partly a sales job so confidence is key.

Later that day, I was called for a culture hour. At the culture hour, just observe, ask a lot of questions, read about the products, and show you're very interested in working there. At mine, I didn't have to interact with customers, but this may be different. At the end, I was taken aside by the manager, who asked me "what I thought" and "what kind of questions I asked the associates". She told be a bit about the position and offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none, they told you what the pay was, the hours, and you could accept or decline.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lush in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from the hiring manager. They interviewed five people at same time. I don't think I got a chance to present myself properly, while interviewing with so many people around you. You barely get chance to talk to the manager.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. Show them how would you sell a product to the customer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lush.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by store manager and invited to hiring party. About 8 other candidates present. We were grouped with the floor leader, who demonstrated a few of their products on a volunteer. We then took turns demo-ing products while the manager-in-training pulled each of us aside and interviewed us one on one.

Interview Questions

Only 10-20 hours available per week, low pay. Love the company and product, but not enough incentive to work there