Lutheran Social Services of Illinois

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lutheran Social Services of Illinois

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (Des Plaines, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

I had an excellent in person interview, then it went downhill from there.

The hiring manager contacted me directly via email in July. We talked briefly
    over the phone. I have over 15 years of corporate experience and right before the recession I ended with a nice salary that is typical for web developers. Because this is a non-profit organization, he seemed blown away by my salary range which is a typical range, he gave the impression that this job would barely meet my minimum needs.

I have been unemployed off/on for a very long time since the recession and just need a job at this point. I recently had some low paying temp jobs along the way so I figured no big deal.

Having said that he immediately set me up with an in person interview for
    later that week. The interview went extremely well, very relaxed, very conversational, no silly stupid quiz questions. Conversation was focused on my resume, experience, and the duties of the job.

I left there thinking there's a highly good chance I will get this job. I followed up a couple of times for the next couple of weeks with no response.

I finally got an email for the manager stating how qualified I am, how great my skills are, how great my designs are but yet he went with another candidate.

Child Welfare Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marion, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (Marion, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Interview process was very simplistic. I simply turned in my resume, and received a phone call to schedule an in-person interview. The interview was held by two supervisors who held positions directly above mine. I received a call the following day offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked very pointedly why I was interested in working in foster care.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. "Take it or leave it"

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (Des Plaines, IL) in January 2009.

Interview

Phone interview. Group interview

Director Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lutheran Social Services of Illinois in October 2009.

Interview

Began the interview process with a phone interview from the hiring director, in addition to an in person interview. Also, had a phone interview with the Director of HR for the company. After a week or so I was extended and offer and given a run down of the company benefits.