Lutron

Relevance Date Difficulty

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Embedded Software Engineer
Coopersburg, PA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Lutron in October 2012.

Interview Details – three interview in the morning and two interview in the afternoon, not very difficult

Interview Question – design a dimmer using microcontroller   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Embedded Software Engineer
Coopersburg, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Lutron in December 2008.

Interview Details – I applied the job from the job posting on my college job portal. I then got a call for a phone screening interview.

The phone interview lasted for half hour. I was asked a couple of questions involving power,voltage,current relationships..I was given a simple circuit containing bulbs,the bulb ratings were given to me and I was asked to find out a couple of p,v,i parameters about the circuit. Then I was asked about my internship experience and questions about my academic projects. I was told I was selected for the next on site interview after a few days and they flew me to Coopersburg, Pa.

They got me to the hotel the evening before the interview day for an informal dinner with some of the employees and other interview candidates. We had a good time talking to them and know more about the company. The next morning myself , along with the other candidates were taken to the headquarters. My first interview was a technical round. Two guys interviewed me. Most of the questions dealt with basic circuit analysis containing bulbs with different ratings arranged in different topologies in the circuit. The next round was a presentation that I gave on a project i did at school. Thats it.

Interview Questions

• One question dealt with the basic circuit analysis with a circuit containing three bulbs arranged, with different ratings.It is not a difficult one but you really have to be strong in basic circuit analysis   Answer Question
  • Describe how would you use a micro-controller to count the number of times there is a high voltage level on a bus.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Lutron

Worked for Lutron? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lutron Embedded Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Lutron employees and interview candidates.