Lutron

116 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Innovative Leadership Program : Project Electrical Engineer Interview

Innovative Leadership Program : Project Electrical Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lutron.

Interview Details – The 1st round interview process was a phone interview which is an hour long. The next stage is a day long interview process. If they stop the interview after lunch u can understand that u are no longer considered

Interview Question – The questions are the exact same what was mentioned by the other candidates. Tough luck   Answer Question

Project Electrical Engineer (Analog) Interview

Project Electrical Engineer (Analog)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lutron in April 2014.

Interview Details – Initial telephonic interview followed by another telephonic interview. Initial interview conducted by member of engineering staff, asked brain teaser questions and power electronics questions. Second interview had primarily behavioral questions. Not selected for next stage, presumably an on-site interview.

Interview Question – Was asked the 3 bulbs in a room question. Asked for design of a DC-DC voltage converter. Why do you not already have a job considering your pretty good resume?   Answer Question

Embedded Software Design Engineer Interview

Embedded Software Design Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at Lutron in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and then a call was setup.It was a technical interview which was focused mainly on my resume.The interviewer had prior experience in one of the projects I did during an internship and asked in detail about that.Ex-- Details of I2C/SPI buses.Signals and functionality of these buses in an embedded product.
Also the interview included product usage and implementation scenarios based on their current product range.I was basically asked to figure out how to setup a sensor which controls a window shade.Questions were based on what type of sensor/the sensing and other implementation and response time based on requirements.

Interview Question – Nothing in specific.Just resume questions and scenarios in the phone round.I did not go beyond that.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Coopersburg, PA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Lutron in January 2014.

Interview Details – A phone interview with hiring agency, then another phone interview with management and directors at Lutron. They didn't seem to have time to have an in person interview. I also submitted a test of a step by step illustration of changing a lightbulb with instruction.

Interview Question – They asked me if I had recovered from cancer.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Field Service Engineer Interview

Field Service Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lutron.

Interview Details – Phone interview, followed by written test, followed by in person interview (local), followed by phone interview, then flown to HQ for intensive full day interview including a role-play scenario, "tech talk" and lunch interview.

Interview Question – Why field service?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Lutron in June 2013.

Interview Details – First I had a telephonic interview where I was asked basic questions about building a temperature controlled system. Then I was called in for a onsite interview.
I had a technical presentation to presentation. Then I had two technical rounds where I was asked about my resume.

Interview Question – The out of the box thinking was very weird and unexpected.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lutron.

Interview Details – I received a phone call from some recruiter told me that the company liked to have engineers "grow"... So I got a phone interview set up with the HR who of course took forever to set it up, then I interviewed w/ an engineer and I felt like I did fairly well he told me that the company was really innovative and didn't just look at how book smart you are but also how can you develop hardware use testing equipments...

Interview Question – Technical questions are pretty tough...
It is just that you are expected to remember equations from Microelectronics...
  Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lutron in September 2013.

Interview Details – Spoke to someone at my college career fair. Had a 45 minute interview the next day. He asked some of the usual interview questions but the main part of the interview was more theoretical/technical. These questions were not that difficult but I think I didn't get an offer because I had trouble answering them on the spot.

Interview Question – You have 3 switches that connect to 3 lightbulbs that you can't see in another room. You can go look at the bulbs but you can't come back to the switches again. How do you figure out which switch goes to which bulb? -- They let you come up with as many possible answers as you can think of.

How would you implement a vending machine class? What methods and attributes would it have? -- Again they let you go on for as long as you want to.
  Answer Question

Project Electrical Engineer - Analog Interview

Project Electrical Engineer - Analog

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lutron.

Interview Details – I applied for the electrical engineer position and my background is in power electronics. The phone interview has three parts. The first part of the interview is an introduction of yourself and some questions about the projects on your resume. The interviewer is quite interested in the projects related to DCDC converters. The second part is an IQ question. There are three light bulbs in a room and three switches controlling them in another room. You can only go to each room once. Then, you need to decide the corresponding switch for each light bulb. The last part of the interview is questions about buck converter.

Interview Question – The IQ test is quite unexpected. For engineer position, few companies has patience for questions other than your experience.   View Answer

Specification Services Intern Interview

Specification Services Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lutron.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews. relatively easy. general questions about software skills, multitasking and problem solving abilities. they wanted someone with architecture background or engineering so the person understand drawings, needs, and can solve problems. also recruiter said that she likes the fact that I sound very mature and seems like I manage things well.

Reason for Declining – the roles are not very interesting and challenging to me. had a better offer

Worked for Lutron? Contribute to the Community!