Lutron Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

3.3

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lutron.

Interview

It was an extensive interview process. I was interviewed for two rounds and then invited for an on sight interview. The first round consisted of a basic HR resume screening. Questions related to my projects, my strengths, weaknesses were asked. I was asked to exemplify on whether i am a team player or I prefer individual work. The second interview in a technical round. I was screened on my knowledge of Embedded Systems.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a project where you had a failure and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Equipment Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashland, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lutron (Ashland, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Overly complex, met with 5 people totaling over 4.5 hours. HR processes overly complex and do not serve well to bring talent into an organization. There manufacturing facility is in great need of basic programs, such as preventative maintenance, and they have done well to prevent the acquisition of personnel.

Interview Questions

• Technical background, employment history, practical tests, repair process, etc   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coopersburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lutron (Coopersburg, PA).

Interview

Very thorough and takes place over 2 full days. You are interviewed by several people each day from different departments. Each person comes from a different part of the company. Personnel could come from engineering, sales, marketing, etc.

Interview Questions

• How can you grow this business   1 Answer

Materials Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coopersburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Lutron (Coopersburg, PA).

Interview

Very thorough interview process. Often times, met with several individuals from various departments based on position. The interview generally lasted a full day with meetings and an on-site tour.

Manufacturing Engineering Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lutron in May 2015.

Interview

I talked to 3 or 4 interviewers. They were all very serious. They asked behavioral and technical questions. The behavioral questions were fairly easy but the technical questions were confusing because they would change the problem situation so frequently. Sometimes I would say the right thing and then a few lines later they would say it as if I hadn't come up with the solution. I became very frustrated and quickly realized this was not a company I wanted to work at. I left after lunch and did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lutron.

Interview

I applied online, they called me for a quick "get to know you" interview. They then decided they would be interested in moving on in the process. I then took a personality profile and aptitude test. Went for an on site interview. The actual interview was A WHOLE DAY LONG. Be prepared to be tested on your area of study. I was interviewed in 5-6 different sessions by people in different areas of engineering at the company. It certainly was grueling, but everyone was very polite, and friendly. I got the feeling that everyone I interviewed with was pretty smart. They knew their engineering stuff backwards and forwards. The fact that they put employees through this kind of screen process is very promising. I could tell that everyone actually cared about the company.

Interview Questions

• You work for the DOT. There is a proposal to raise the speed limit on all PA highways from 55 to 75. Your boss is coming in for a meeting in 30 minutes. Decide what to do and pitch your conclusion to him/her.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coopersburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lutron (Coopersburg, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

After a brief phone screen, online assessment and a phone call with the hiring manager, I was asked to go to Coopersburg for an all day interview. The interview started at 8:15 with a tour of their show house, to demonstrate all of their lighting and shade products. After that I was placed in a conference room where everyone rotated in and out. I interviewed with 7 people in total, most from different departments. The strange thing about all of the interviewers was that they said exactly the same thing during the interview - "everyone at Lutron is really smart", and I still can't figure out if it meant that people who don't work at Lutron are dumb, OR if they have to tell themselves everyday how smart they are so they can actually start to believe it. Another interviewer asked me what I thought of their interview process as though Lutron is the only company that uses all day interviews with some logic exercises. The logic exercise is a role playing one - you have to track something down that is critical to a customer order, and the answer is so far out of left field that only some engineer that actually designed this critical part could figure out the answer. As far as the job itself, the message I took away based on the answers to my questions was that Senior leadership was a nightmare to work with/for but everyone below them was ok. I left the interview knowing that if I managed to get an offer that I would turn it down, as everyone I interacted with came off as smug and with a "better than you" attitude.

Interview Questions

• Here is a problem that Lutron currently faces, how would you solve it   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lutron (Lafayette, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

Two telephone interview. One technical and one behavioral. The interview is not too hard. Average of each is around half an hour. The interviewer will chat with you and basically go over your resume and ask the question on it. Also prepare as many as you can for the 3 lights question.

Project Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lutron in March 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview. They were supposed to call me in skype but finally they called me in phone. He asked me about my background, my projects. It was 45 minutes interview. The interviewer was very nice. The job description was not that clear. There were several positions of Project Software Engineer.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my resume. He asked me some questions from my resume. He was asking me about my projects and my interest. He was curious that I am interested in data base field or programming field. I told him about some of my projects. I told him about my iOS project and Web Tools project.   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coopersburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lutron (Coopersburg, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

After a tour of the campus, I delivered a pre-prepared marketing strategy presentation to two marketing employees, followed by a role-playing interview, a casual lunch with another employee from the marketing department, and later some interviews with HR personnel. I was situated in a designated interviewing room, located beside four other rooms with candidates. Overall, I greatly enjoyed the experience and all of my interviewers.

Interview Questions

• What is one experience that you enjoyed most and that would have prepared you for this position? Why are you interested in this job and Lutron?   Answer Question